PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How deep are the members allowed to dive in Kimster? As in profession, where they work, drugs, associates, et al. TIA

If it has nothing to do with this case, leave it alone. But if they have a police record that you can link to, that's fine.

Discussing friends, families, prior teachers, addresses, etc. is not allowed. It really needs to be tied in to this crime to discuss it.

Hi fringles and WELCOME TO WEBSLEUTHS!

:welcome:
:wagon:

Our rules on Facebook are pretty straight forward. Here they are, along with a link to the rules that our moderators use as a guideline. :seeya:

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Rules Etiquette & Information

Thanks Kimster. So...I think I'm ok with 'Kortne was friends with a horse on facebook'?...though when I put it like that...I just sound crazy.

MR and CP both have links to the racing community (I believe its ok for me to say this now because we are allowed to discuss them and this is at least general knowledge at this point) but KS does NOT. The only ties horse racing has to this case is that the two people last seen with KS are tied in with the industry. Racing is mostly irrelevant here, except that I believe it is relevant that CP and MR do not have steady jobs, which allows them to carry on the lifestyle they lead. I believe this is relevant for the case, because it means they had quite a lot of free time on their hands in the days before and after KS's disappearance.

Theoretically speaking, if one owned a particular horse which earned them a large amount of money in a short amount of time, this might lead them to create a Facebook account for said horse and make a series of humorous posts from said horse. But I don't believe something like this would be a factor worth discussing in this case.

I've been trying to have hope.. hope that she is alive. Now Im just hoping she is found. Kortne pulls at my flower child heart strings. No way do I think she walked away. No way do I think she could see her parents and siblings in so much pain and not contact them, or leave her dog. No way do I think these two "bros" who are "in a relationship" arent involved.

Something happened that morning. Sleepover guy is easily fit enough to handle carrying a 110lb bundle. Sleepover guy may have had a suitcase? Someone up the thread mentioned strangulation. Very little evidence left behind that could not be cleaned up. If her vehicle was used, her dna would be all over it anyway.

I have hope that LE is all over this. Please don't let this fall into a cold case, or turn into a case that has no resolution. Where are you Kortne?

IMO, I don't think having lots of free time has anything to do with anything at this point. It only takes a second to take someone and maybe a short amount of time to dispose of someone, anywhere.

John walsh just sent a tweet asking if anyone knows anything to please contact authorities..

The arrest stage has not been reached, but thinking beyond, I can see difficulties. No body has been found; no scene of the crime yet identified (at least as far as we know); no known or even rumored forensic discoveries. It's possible that the culprit(s) and/or witness(es) have had previous exposure to police interrogations, so they probably would not be as overwhelmed by those procedures. Kortne's final day seems to have been eventful and included interactions (not all of them pleasant) with numerous people which could further complicate matters.

I'm hoping for some break. She's so pretty, but it makes me sad to see her picture.

I think that is what happened and Kortne was transported somewhere in her own car. A horrible thought but a cadaver dog might be useful although I believe it takes at least an hour before a dog could smell the scent of a dead person.

I don't have it at my fingertips, but I believe the dog that went in was both a search & cadaver dog. If that's what I read, and I'm pretty sure it is, I believe it's a bit of an obfuscation. A cadaver dog is a cadaver dog.

The article I read did not use the word cadaver, but something more innocuous

The dog only went once, to the best of my knowledge, and only to Kortne's apartment.

MR and CP both have links to the racing community (I believe its ok for me to say this now because we are allowed to discuss them and this is at least general knowledge at this point) but KS does NOT. The only ties horse racing has to this case is that the two people last seen with KS are tied in with the industry. Racing is mostly irrelevant here, except that I believe it is relevant that CP and MR do not have steady jobs, which allows them to carry on the lifestyle they lead. I believe this is relevant for the case, because it means they had quite a lot of free time on their hands in the days before and after KS's disappearance.

Theoretically speaking, if one owned a particular horse which earned them a large amount of money in a short amount of time, this might lead them to create a Facebook account for said horse and make a series of humorous posts from said horse. But I don't believe something like this would be a factor worth discussing in this case.

Great info thanks!

Two things ... Sr. keeps saying Jr. had an alibi. If that's true and it checked out, why would LE get the warrants. Also, isn't CP a blacksmith? I think that means he shoes too right? It would seem to be steady work in the industry he is in.

IMO, I don't think having lots of free time has anything to do with anything at this point. It only takes a second to take someone and maybe a short amount of time to dispose of someone, anywhere.

I disagree. If something's unplanned it would be helpful to not have a report time when dealing with the aftermath. One would think. Hours to drive around, scout locations, wait for a spot to be deserted, aligning your alibis. Time.

I don't have it at my fingertips, but I believe the dog that went in was both a search & cadaver dog. If that's what I read, and I'm pretty sure it is, I believe it's a bit of an obfuscation. A cadaver dog is a cadaver dog.

The article I read did not use the word cadaver, but something more innocuous

The dog only went once, to the best of my knowledge, and only to Kortne's apartment.

A police dog that accompanied a K-9 unit from Derry Township was not used in the search.
http://www.ldnews.com/latestnews/ci_21267959

Still looking for another reference to LE using a dog/s in their search.

I am kind of getting vibes of a situation possibly similar to whatever happened to Lauren Spierer; last seen with a group of "friends", some of them new to her, may or may not have wandered off on her own after a night out...the friends all considered POI's. 15 months later, no Lauren, no arrests. Please not another one like her case.

I disagree. If something's unplanned it would be helpful to not have a report time when dealing with the aftermath. One would think. Hours to drive around, scout locations, wait for a spot to be deserted, aligning your alibis. Time.

Well, we don't know if it was planned or not. In so many cases, it happens at the spur of the moment, do to an incident that was unexpected.

So we will have to agree to disagree on this one. :)

Great info thanks!

Two things ... Sr. keeps saying Jr. had an alibi. If that's true and it checked out, why would LE get the warrants. Also, isn't CP a blacksmith? I think that means he shoes too right? It would seem to be steady work in the industry he is in.

MR's stated alibi is that he was at home. For some bizarre reason, the story is that they were in MR's car, and dropped MR off at his house, before CP and KS proceeded to KS's house. Since MR was at his own home, and he lives with his parents, that's his alibi. . .evidently backed up by his parents. (I believe this was all stated in the media, so I think I'm ok saying all of this here)

CP is a blacksmith, yes, but blacksmiths set their own hours and if you happen to be a less-than-stellar blacksmith, you are not going to have very much business opportunities. Blacksmiths are self-employed independent contractors.

In other words, neither gentleman was accountable to be anywhere on any day at any given time. If they wanted to drive hours away to dispose of something, it would be very easy to do so. If they wanted to make an appearance here or there to serve as an alibi, it would be very easy to do so. Just offering speculation as to the possibilities and opportunities they had here.

On tonight's report on WHP 21, the image they show of the first page of the search warrant references "Criminal Homicide". The first search warrant referenced "Kidnapping". Is this all standard procedure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV