PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must be getting old because I don't get why they would drop MR Jr. off at his place and then drive MR Jr.'s car just a few blocks to Kortne's place. I understand it is completely possible, but it just seems other scenarios would have been more likely. 1. Why not drop Kortne off at home first and then CP could drive MR Jr. home and then stay at MR Jr.'s place. It was MR Jr.'s car after all and CP apparently was heading there bright and early in the morning anyways. 2. If for some reason it was set that CP was going to stay at Kortne's, why not drop MR Jr. off at his house and leave his car there and walk the couple blocks.

Speaking of reasons, I still don't get the reason CP was to stay with Kortne. To me it just screams that CP went to Kortne's instead of MR Jr.'s because he thought in his mind they might have sex and when she says no, the unthinkable happens. I just don't buy the "For her protection" story.

Well he didnt protect her so well !

In this article Scott Stouffer describes Kortne's boyfriend as "pretty broken up" by her disappearance. An aunt states that the two were saving for a house. The article says he did not attend the vigil for Kortne but doesn't state why.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/08/family_and_friends_hope_vigil.html

I don't think we can project trouble there, from anything I've read.

My understanding is that there are reasons he's not been seen publicly. I can't post that here, we're not sleuthing him.

Perhaps BF Bradley broke up with Kortne and sent his dad over to collect his dog on the Saturday? That could be why Kortne had such a bad day, wanted to go out that evening to let loose and wasn’t discriminating with whom she partied? In this article (below), Wendy Stouffer says, “the fact that he (Bradley) is home will make Kortne happy.” There has been no public appeal from the BF and that makes me think they were on the outs. JMO.

http://www.ldnews.com/ci_21212616 (from August 1st)

Maybe.

I know that we've read that Kortne's brother advised him that she had a "rough" day. That could mean anything but certainly getting a flat tire on my way home from work or something along the lines of that wouldn't propel me out to the club.

A breakup or fight (when I was her age) could.

MOO

O/T - MR is pretty vocal on FB of his innocence. The local rumor was that he was already arrested but that's probably because he was in Maryland over the weekend and not around.

I can't make up on my mind on him. I'm leaning towards the neighbor or CP and maybe even CP without MR knowing. MR has said that he stands behind CP. Looking back at 21, it's easy to see how this can happen. I'm sure that if MR is innocent he would want to believe his friend. I know that these guys are getting bad raps as "race rats," etc. and it's probably true that they do party a lot but they are nothing like the bad people where I live.

Thing First 48 on A&E channel.

I do still wonder about the neighbors as a whole. I was able to find only 1 and haven't "sleuthed" him but am curious as to why the media hasn't reported more.

As a sidenote - Andrea - what's the local vibe today? Are people thinking it was the group she was with that night? Can't we find anyone that knows Kortne and get them over here to give us some facts like how she got TO the bar and things like that?

And last - the latest reports are saying that CP & MR are not suspects of interest, etc. If CP did in fact take a poly, would LE release the results? I know each LE is different but from a legal standpoint, I'm curious as to what them being quiet truly means.

:rollercoaster:

But!

what if they are telling the truth and do not know where she is?

Then we the public need LE to clear them. I, however, feel strongly that the answer lies with those two, you know, the last people to be with Kortne?!

Interesting tidbit reported on WHP21:

"Last Friday, Palmyra Police went to local businesses asking if they had surveillance footage from the night Kortne went missing.

Most businesses in the area don't have cameras, but Miller Auto does. The only problem is that police didn't ask for the tape until last Friday, the day after the tape from July 29 was deleted."

Miller Auto is the parts store right next door to the house. What was on that tape? I guess we'll never know. Frustrating.

http://www.whptv.com/news/local/sto...s-its-fourth-week/le6QqK-rpk6brsQedR-s7A.cspx

Interesting tidbit reported on WHP21:

"Last Friday, Palmyra Police went to local businesses asking if they had surveillance footage from the night Kortne went missing.

Most businesses in the area don't have cameras, but Miller Auto does. The only problem is that police didn't ask for the tape until last Friday, the day after the tape from July 29 was deleted."

Miller Auto is the parts store right next door to the house. What was on that tape? I guess we'll never know. Frustrating.

http://www.whptv.com/news/local/sto...s-its-fourth-week/le6QqK-rpk6brsQedR-s7A.cspx

It's difficult not to see incompetence here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone remember the 'Krista Dittmeyer' case? Her b/f was in prison for 'drug dealing' & while he was in the slammer she took over the 'biz'..She ended up getting killed by 'friends' who lured her to their house with the sole purpose of ripping her off of drugs & $$$..She went there thinking it was just an ordinary drug deal..I'm not saying it's a similar situation with Kortne cos there's no proof of that but what IF it was? Or what IF these 'friends' just thought it was? They (or only CA) may have been in her apt. to snoop around once she fell asleep..The unexpected fight with the neighbor outside was a golden opportunity for ?? to begin the planned search..When Kortne came back to her apt. & IF she saw this going on it's very likely it would've provoked an altercation..One that ended up killing her either on purpose or by accident..I know this is a wild theory but can we really rule it out?

Link to the KD case:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/05/11/3-men-arrested-in-murder-of-young-mother-in-new-hampshire/

Does anyone remember the 'Krista Dittmeyer' case? Her b/f was in prison for 'drug dealing' & while he was in the slammer she took over the 'biz'..She ended up getting killed by 'friends' who lured her to their house with the sole purpose of ripping her off of drugs & $$$..She went there thinking it was just an ordinary drug deal..I'm not saying it's a similar situation with Kortne cos there's no proof of that but what IF it was? Or what IF these 'friends' just thought it was? They (or only CA) may have been in her apt. to snoop around once she fell asleep..The unexpected fight with the neighbor outside was a golden opportunity for ?? to begin the planned search..When Kortne came back to her apt. & IF she saw this going on it's very likely it would've provoked an altercation..One that ended up killing her either on purpose or by accident..I know this is a wild theory but can we really rule it out?

Link to the KD case:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/05/11/3-men-arrested-in-murder-of-young-mother-in-new-hampshire/

At this point, it's tough to rule anything out. Almost anything is possible.

good grief I mentioned the Napa place next door ages ago and I don't even live there...and they waited that long to get footage from there?
feeling like Ccty texas

good grief I mentioned the Napa place next door ages ago and I don't even live there...and they waited that long to get footage from there?
feeling like Ccty texas

I can't imagine why it took almost three weeks to ask Miller Auto for their footage. I also don't understand why the business didn't volunteer it, knowing that a potential crime happened right next door and they had cameras that may have captured something of interest.

The footage may have shown how many cars were there that night. It may have corroborated or destroyed CP's story of leaving in the morning. This footage could have been loaded with information that could have helped immensely. Could have. May have. This whole development has me sick to my stomach.

Where is Kortne?

It's difficult not to see incompetence here.

At best it's incompetence. However, I have wondered for a while now if it is something else. I am absolutely stunned, shocked, and appalled that video footage was available and deleted.

Is it a digital system that could allow for data recovery?

The fact that the video was not volunteered and then erased raises considerable suspicion towards Miller Auto. I hope the PD and state LE administers a full rectal examination of that place of business.

Orrrrrr, putting out there that the tape was erased may be a ploy to get someone to relax and drop their guard?

We can hope....

I don't think it is a ploy...I think the tape was overlooked for whatever reason, though probably not a sinister one. Still it is ridiculous that it happened. And the oversight may be to blame, if this case is never solved.

I don't think it is a ploy...I think the tape was overlooked for whatever reason, though probably not a sinister one. Still it is ridiculous that it happened. And the oversight may be to blame, if this case is never solved.

Similar thing happened in the MS case, for those who remember. It took LE a month before they went door to door asking businesses for video. A month.

ETA: in the MS case, video could not change what had already happened =\

Well, at any rate, what's done is done. The footage is gone and I doubt anything can bring it back. We'll have to work with what we know, or in this case don't know to figure out what happened to this girl.

Where is Kortne?

The DA also has to worry about the loss of that tape being used by the defense in any potential prosecution as evidence of a sloppy investigation.

The DA also has to worry about the loss of that tape being used by the defense in any potential prosecution as evidence of a sloppy investigation.

Well that is a worry that only comes about with an arrest...I hope he DOES have that worry...

Probably unrelated, but there have been sirens off and on in Hummelstown for the past 5-10'. (And NO, I didn't set the kitchen on fire.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megamookie