PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly LE thinks she left on her own! Just a thought!

If she was younger would they consider her a runaway?

Just things to ponder! Id much rather think her out there alive!

No way do I think she left on her own in the middle of the night, after a really bad day without her shoes, her car, her phone, or her dog.

I also would rather think she is out there alive. But I don't. I also believe CP knows exactly where she is, and AB probably does too.

Passing or failing a poly means nothing.. that is why they are not admissable in court.

A few weeks ago, Lebanon County District Attorney David Arnold said he had nothing new to report on the
case.

"Work is continuing on the case," he told the Daily News in late December. "Obviously, we're still receiving tips but not quite at the pace we were. We continue to follow up on any tips."

Although Arnold could not release more specific information about the case, he said he feels comfortable "that we've eliminated some possibilities." But detectives still are not sure exactly what happened to Stouffer that night.

SO WHAT DOES ELIMINATE SOME POSSIBILITES MEAN?? WOULD LOVE TO HEAR OTHERS THOUGHTS. I THINK HE WAS SAYING NOT CP OR MR.

THIS WHOLE THING IS SAD!!! I DON'T CARE WHO I UPSET....THE FAMILY, BF AND MAINLY THE POLICE NEED TO BE DOING MORE!!! SOMEONE NEEDS TO STAND UP AND FIGHT FOR KORTNE. AND SHAME ON THE PRESS. DO YOUR JOB! INVESTIGATE, ASK QUESTIONS, DON'T JUST REPORT WHAT LE WANTS YOU TO PUT OUT THERE. ATTEMPT TO INTERVIEW CP, MR, AB, TS AND THE OTHERS AROUND HER. ASK WHO THE RESPONDING POLICE OFFICER WAS FOR THE 3RD CALL. EXATLY WHAT TIME HE ARRIVED, WHAT WAS HIS COMMUNICATION BACK TO DISPATCH. WHAT IS POLICY? SHOULD OFFICER AND/OR DISPATCH ATLEAST ATTEMPTED TO CALL THE NEIGHBOR WHO PLACED NOISE COMPLAINT?

My aplogies if this posts twice. My browser keeps logging me out

I've been away because of what I perceive as apathy regarding this case. Universal apathy, it seems.

I had Kortne's ribbon on my Christmas tree and I think about her every day.

But if no one's talking and very, very few people are interested, I'm not sure what to do anymore.

I don't understand why it seems that very few people care that Kortne is just gone. She's gone. For six months.

Why do I feel like one of the few locals who's still paying attention? And most of us are on WS. Where is everyone else?

I feel like I'm missing a big secret that everyone else knows and there's literally nothing I can do about it.

Arnold has "eliminated some possibilities"....whoop-te-frickin-doo.

I call ßµ||šh¡†

My aplogies if this posts twice. My browser keeps logging me out

I've been away because of what I perceive as apathy regarding this case. Universal apathy, it seems.

I had Kortne's ribbon on my Christmas tree and I think about her every day.

But if no one's talking and very, very few people are interested, I'm not sure what to do anymore.

I don't understand why it seems that very few people care that Kortne is just gone. She's gone. For six months.

Why do I feel like one of the few locals who's still paying attention? And most of us are on WS. Where is everyone else?

I feel like I'm missing a big secret that everyone else knows and there's literally nothing I can do about it.
Arnold has "eliminated some possibilities"....whoop-te-frickin-doo.

I call ßµ||šh¡†

BBM That is EXACTLY how I feel! WELL said! I couldn't agree more!

I echo the sentiments .. There is no reason in the world why a parent of a missing child should turn down the chance to speak about their missing child to the media or using any type of public forum to help keep the word out .. and no reason in the world the police should not have spoken out once in 6 months regarding this case .. unless they know something .. In my opinion

Then why doesn't LE just state that they are no longer actively searching for her? If they and/or the family have knowledge, they do not have to inform the public as to what it is.

Has LE ever come out and told the public that they have no need to fear a predator. If not, why? A resident of your town had up and vanished without a trace. Call me crazy, but I'm a little alarmed by that fact.

Then why doesn't LE just state that they are no longer actively searching for her? If they and/or the family have knowledge, they do not have to inform the public as to what it is.

Because According to LE she is missing!
Maybe she is not missing to her family!
She may not be home with mom but its possible they know she s ok

LE may not know what dad or mom knows!

JMO

To respond to a few things at once ... yes the DA said they are still investigating .. but that was a few weeks ago .. and what exactaly are they investigating? A missing person or why she disappeared?

No .. LE has NEVER made a statement that the public should or should not be in fear. Heck they have never upgraded her case from suspicious to criminal only stating that they are treating it as criminal (CYA) in the very beginning of the investigation.

IF .. IF .. she made contact OR they have found proof otherwise that she is alive .. is there a legal obligation to inform the public? A moral one for sure .. but a legal one .. not so sure .. a person has the right to move away and move on. Since they never declared her case criminal .. do they really owe the public an explination?

No one has made a "public" statement since right before Thanksgiving (I believe) .. At least the parents .. I can't remember when the DA made those statements but .. IIRC he didn't say they were still "searching" for a missing person only that they are still investigating and have ruled out some possibilities. And again, what possibilities??? That she is dead?

It's just wayyyy to quiet for a person to be missing ...

I am not sure, but LE usually issues a generic statement when a missing person has turned up, just to keep the public from doing any independent searching and possibly getting injured or lost themselves.

If LE knows there was not a crime involved with KS missing i don't think they could allow the parents to collect money to try and help to find her or to have a hot line to collect tips. That said I personally think LE does whatever they want to in Palmyra and they do not seem to fear any type of questioning of their actions or lack there of.

The officer who responded atlease twice that evening/early morning has a son (approx 19 yrs old) who lives walking distance (2 blocks) from KS apt. He was arrested 6 mths prior for shoot pellets at numerous cars and taking a hostage!! KS was charged a few months prior with serving alcohol to minors (approx 18, 19 yrs old) and again that evening had several underage people at her house with alcohol flowing (2 of which were finally charged). If I were the chief I would not want anything to be hush, hush since the responding officer has family issue that could look odd. I am somehow certain his son knows KS or someone at her house that evening and/or the evening a few months prior when KS charged with supplying alcohol to a minor. And on top of that one of the minors charged is neighboring municipality ex police chief (now a convicted criminal) son. If they have nothing to hide then release info to the public...the taxpaying public who funds LE!!! Everytime I am able to vent on WS about how horrible this has been handled it somehow helps me to feel a littl better. So thanks for letting me vent!

I'm not aware of any fundraisers, vigils or otherwise since Black Friday the day after Thanksgiving ... which is shortly after the last news interview by her mom and around the time her mother changed her facebook settings ... Has there been any other fundraisers more recently?

FWIW .. Wendy has a recent link to the latest LDN on her facebook page .. she commented Missing my Babygirl :((( ... That can be read in two ways ... I'm missing my babygirl in hopes that Kortne reads it .. OR Missing my babygirl .. in that she is still missing ... Don't mean to mince words .. but really could be taken either way ... AGAIN .. no confirmation of either ... which equals silence as far as I'm concerned.

As far as a tip line .. perhaps (just thinking here) but perhaps .. IF and again that's a big IF .. Kortne did disappear on her own it could be for what she perceives as for her own safety. Perhaps LE is still keeping the tip line active to further an investigation into what she fears. Say .. alleged drug activity??

I'm just checking in to see what's new. I've been following the case and praying every day for Kortne to come home safe. Someone in this community knows something and for one reason or another is not coming forward.

Agreed PalmyraDad! Good to see your post .. you're input is missed! If you don't mind me asking .. after all this time, what is your belief as to what might have happened and how has it changed (if at all) from the "early stages" of the investigation?

I'm just checking in to see what's new. I've been following the case and praying every day for Kortne to come home safe. Someone in this community knows something and for one reason or another is not coming forward.

Someone always knows, in every case...but usually they are culpable, IMO. I am sure LE has heard about any drug activity, etc. she may have been involved with, any disputes, but I do not think anyone outside of any actual potential perps knows what happened to her.

did her boyfriend ever make a public statement, or plea for her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668