Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Post on facebook from abc27 news

abc27 News
Coming up tonight at 5 and 11 p.m., we reveal new details about the events leading up to Kortne Stouffer's disappearance. Why are investigators focusing on a crime at her apartment earlier in the month? Why is her father critical of the investigation? And are people purposely trying to mislead police? Ali Lanyon will have the answers tonight in her special series "Midstate Mysteries: The disappearance of Kortne Stouffer." WATCH and then share your thoughts in the comments section!

Post on facebook from abc27 news

abc27 News
Coming up tonight at 5 and 11 p.m., we reveal new details about the events leading up to Kortne Stouffer's disappearance. Why are investigators focusing on a crime at her apartment earlier in the month? Why is her father critical of the investigation? And are people purposely trying to mislead police? Ali Lanyon will have the answers tonight in her special series "Midstate Mysteries: The disappearance of Kortne Stouffer." WATCH and then share your thoughts in the comments section!

Thanks for the update, I just saw this info on Facebook. Can't watch abc 27 personally, but interested in any updates from locals who can. Very interesting that they are referencing a crime that occured "earlier in the month". They could be referring to the burglary of the cash counting machine, but that happened in late June, not earlier in July. There's also an unconfirmed internet post about floorboards being ripped out, but no way of knowing if that's credible.

There's a very strange post on the abc news facebook page under the general "Posts by Others" section. Not sure what to make of it, but it doesn't seem credible though.

Just finished watching Ali Lanyon's report and it was a nice review of the case, with a couple interesting details that we didn't know before. The biggest one, in my opinion, was that Kortne had taken a trip to Sacramento, California earlier in the summer. No one seems to know anything about the trip or at least no one is saying if they know anything about it. The report also touched on the two burglaries at Kortne's apartment, prior to her disappearance. I'm sure the report will be posted on ABC 27's site later and will probably re-air at 11 pm.

Hoping someone can record it and bring it to WS for the ones who can't watch it, I hope it brings some answers.

There's a very strange post on the abc news facebook page under the general "Posts by Others" section. Not sure what to make of it, but it doesn't seem credible though.

Wow! That is a really bizarre comment, I'm going to make note of the names mentioned in the comment in the event that the comment disappears, you never know, sometimes information can come from out of the blue.

"Arnold said the fight at the Hardware Bar was apparently because Kortne owed someone money."

Are you kidding me? They haven't identified the people she got in a fight with in a full bar?

Wow! That is a really bizarre comment, I'm going to make note of the names mentioned in the comment in the event that the comment disappears, you never know, sometimes information can come from out of the blue.

Check the commentor's facebook page, he posted more information there, not sure if any of it's credible, but it needs to be looked into and forwarded to investigators.

Thanks, there's also a very strange one under the FB comments for the actual story. It's pretty inflammatory, you can probably figure out which one. I'm not going to go there, but I did take a screenshot just in case.

The guy who made the Facebook comment appears to be a little out there. He has a comment from two years ago about another woman missing from the Philadelphia area named Toni Lee Sharpless. Interesting note- his comment was made 7 hours ago.

Some of the other rumors that were posted on the ABC27 Facebook page have been flying around here locally since not long after Kortne's disappearance.

The only information I had not heard before was about Kortne's trip to Sacramento. If her overnight guest was recently picked up on drug related charges, that is the first direction I would look. I still believe he is the key to her disappearance.

Surprised to hear about the trip to California. I was thinking out of state maybe but not West more like Florida for some reason.

Why doesn't her father know what she was up to in CA.? Especially Sacramento, no offense but not exactly a vacation capital...

The second part of the series is supposed to air at 11 pm tonight. Trying to make it up that late!

Jo- why do you think SS isn't saying if he knows? I was surprised how forthcoming he was by admitting without saying it outright that she was into some things she shouldn't have been.

The second part of the series is supposed to air at 11 pm tonight. Trying to make it up that late!

Jo- why do you think SS isn't saying if he knows? I was surprised how forthcoming he was by admitting without saying it outright that she was into some things she shouldn't have been.

Because it has been a slow trickle from day one from Scott. Maybe it's by design or in cooperation with LE, but I've always felt that there are some pretty big cards being held back in this case.

No doubt Kortne was living a rather seedy, borderline life, IMO, when she vanished. I don't even think her dad is really denying that. But I do agree with him that LE screwed up. When they got a second 911 call, they should not have left the premises without seeing all of the participants or at least speaking to them. Or if no one would answer, starting an investigation at that time, to figure out who was where. Or something. It is a small town. They could not have been that busy at 4am.

No doubt Kortne was living a rather seedy, borderline life, IMO, when she vanished. I don't even think her dad is really denying that. But I do agree with him that LE screwed up. When they got a second 911 call, they should not have left the premises without seeing all of the participants or at least speaking to them. Or if no one would answer, starting an investigation at that time, to figure out who was where. Or something. It is a small town. They could not have been that busy at 4am.

I agree. However, based on information that has become public, I'm not surprised that LE may have been less than enthused about yet another late night visit to the residence of an inebriated and uncooperative lot who were living a criminal lifestyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member