PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that none of her personal effects were missing and she did not take them with her makes me lean towards abduction rather than walk away. The Hardware Bar is closed so I can't go in and sniff for clues.

There have been a few cases where the person disappeared without taking personal effects. Also do we really know if everything is still there?

There have been a few cases where the person disappeared without taking personal effects. Also do we really know if everything is still there?

From the Penn Live article: "Kortne&#8217;s cellphone was left behind <snip> Kortne also left behind her car, wallet, her dog and another dog that belonged to her boyfriend"

It did not note if she left her keys behind or not. I can see leaving the cell phone and car...the wallet not so much and people usually have a strong attachment to their dogs and generally make contact with friends to ensure the animal is cared for.

I am not disagreeing with you, just seems a bit to sudden with a fair amount of extenuating circumstances.

From the Penn Live article: "Kortne&#8217;s cellphone was left behind <snip> Kortne also left behind her car, wallet, her dog and another dog that belonged to her boyfriend"

It did not note if she left her keys behind or not. I can see leaving the cell phone and car...the wallet not so much and people usually have a strong attachment to their dogs and generally make contact with friends to ensure the animal is cared for.

I am not disagreeing with you, just seems a bit to sudden with a fair amount of extenuating circumstances.

You might want to look at the Michelle &#8220;Shelli&#8221; Whitaker case. It was similar, down to leaving her dog behind.

You might want to look at the Michelle “Shelli” Whitaker case. It was similar, down to leaving her dog behind.

I duno.... I would think that would be the exception rather than the rule, however I would admit that probably no one would know if she had taken some small keepsake with her had she exited stage left and not taken her normal personal effects with her. If she was not going to take the car, the keys would have been useless, so would most of what was in her wallet, other than cash. If there was cash in the wallet, in my mind that speaks to foul play...just my opinion based on cases I have worked on.

Here is my breakdown at this point:

Walkaway: 39%
Foul Play: 60%
Suicide: 1%

Anyone have different numbers?

I would not rule out walkaway, just based on the dogs. I do think foul play is more likely.

I would take it the dogs were in her house though and might bark or bite an attacker.

I don't know a quick way to search, but I will....but didn't she even leave her cigarettes behind?

Having been in the town and talking to people, it seemed that something was a bit "off"....can't put my finger on it. My assistant that day had the same feeling.

Very interesting. In Mom's account, the police did speak to the neighbor who called before leaving.

Very interesting. In Mom's account, the police did speak to the neighbor who called before leaving.

Did I correctly read that account from the Mom that Kortne had gone out to a convenience store in the morning for coffee?

^ no, the article states-" According to The Patriot-News, there is surveillance footage of Pruett purchasing coffee at a nearby convenience store at around 7:30 that morning. "

Imo, it's Huff Post...personally seen inaccuracies on that site often

^ no, the article states-" According to The Patriot-News, there is surveillance footage of Pruett purchasing coffee at a nearby convenience store at around 7:30 that morning. "

Imo, it's Huff Post...personally seen inaccuracies on that site often

Thanks! Seems odd that someone would casually go out for a cup of coffee after killing someone and disposing of the body....

So Pruitt says she was gone when he awoke, yet he left the apartment unlocked when he left. How did he know she wasn't in another room? Did he search or call out for her at the time? So in 3 1/2 hours time he slept(or just didn't answer) through the cops knocking on the door or hearing her "leave" even though she would have had to walk past him in the living room. Could he have slept through a struggle with an intruder? I think not.. So maybe stepped outside for a smoke? I doubt it as she probably smoked in her own apartment so why go outside. Did she answer the door upon hearing someone knock ( Pruitt didn't hear it) and was taken then? There is no mention of cellphone records (or did I miss that? Did she call someone or received a call in the early morning hours?) I sure would like to know the details of the argument she had in the Hardware Bar with the other woman. Why is the DA keeping the subject of it under wraps?

I think I'm in Topcat's camp. Around three hours between when it can be confirmed that Kortne was in the apartment (the yelling and banging, the police showing up and banging on the door at 4:12) and when Pruitt was recorded on video at the store, and he left the house unlocked. When the police arrived for the 4:12 call from the neighbor and banged on the door, I wonder....would they have tried the handle to see if it was unlocked? So "assuming" LE got the call at 4:12, arrived at the home, knocked on the door and talked to the neighbor, that may have taken about 20 min. That further reduces the time between when LE left and Puritt was seen on video, considering he probably walked to the store. I agree that he could not have slept through all that. I also agree that no person in their right mind would leave someone else's house unlocked with a person allegedly still asleep inside. What I am having trouble with is the time needed to dispose of a body, unless there were more people involved.

I think I'm in Topcat's camp. Around three hours between when it can be confirmed that Kortne was in the apartment (the yelling and banging, the police showing up and banging on the door at 4:12) and when Pruitt was recorded on video at the store, and he left the house unlocked. When the police arrived for the 4:12 call from the neighbor and banged on the door, I wonder....would they have tried the handle to see if it was unlocked? So "assuming" LE got the call at 4:12, arrived at the home, knocked on the door and talked to the neighbor, that may have taken about 20 min. That further reduces the time between when LE left and Puritt was seen on video, considering he probably walked to the store. I agree that he could not have slept through all that. I also agree that no person in their right mind would leave someone else's house unlocked with a person allegedly still asleep inside. What I am having trouble with is the time needed to dispose of a body, unless there were more people involved.
Pruitt told Kortne's mother she was gone when he awoke...so he leaves the apartment unlocked?

Pruitt told Kortne's mother she was gone when he awoke...so he leaves the apartment unlocked?

Thanks for the correction. Either way, leaving the apartment unlocked does not make much sense.

Subscribing! :innocent:

Sometimes reading part of thread one and then the most recent one is basically enough to get the drift in these cases with almost no new details in a year or longer, jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachstatesleuth