PA - Leon Katz, infant, murdered, and twin, injured by babysitter, Pittsburgh- June 24, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has it been stated by NV that she was alone with the baby when the injuries occurred?

If she stated she was alone, LE hopefully attempted to confirm through any available neighboring door cams.

It is not impossible that she had a visitor while babysitting, that (for whatever reason) she has not wanted to disclose or name. She could now say the visitor may have harmed the baby. Or maybe a visitor actually did do it, and she’s covering up - again for an unknown reason.

Equally possible will be some attempt by NV to say an intruder broke in, and she panicked or blacked out. Leticia Stauch tried this fake story line when she murdered Gannon Stauch.

jmo

Has it been stated by NV that she was alone with the baby when the injuries occurred?

If she stated she was alone, LE hopefully attempted to confirm through any available neighboring door cams.

It is not impossible that she had a visitor while babysitting, that (for whatever reason) she has not wanted to disclose or name. She could now say the visitor may have harmed the baby. Or maybe a visitor actually did do it, and she’s covering up - again for an unknown reason.

Equally possible will be some attempt by NV to say an intruder broke in, and she panicked or blacked out. Leticia Stauch tried this fake story line when she murdered Gannon Stauch.

jmo
Yes, the intruder story rarely wins. Didn’t Jodi Arias also initially try to blame things on intruders?

Yes, the intruder story rarely wins. Didn’t Jodi Arias also initially try to blame things on intruders?

I agree with that about the intruder story not usually working. There must be some though as criminals keep trying to use it.

Yes, good memory, @SMK777, one the many attempted defense stories that Jodi Arias tried in her two trials were the intruders. She was on the stand for something like 18 days, and MOO, created a circus of the courtroom. Vaguely remembering... the ninjas? That masked guy and girl that saw her Driver's License.

MOO again, Jodi could never overcome all the evidence there was on her, and the gas cans. Now, Chris Coleman actually planned the murders of his family on the intruder story, but that didn't work either.

I hope this case gets to trial quickly. Maybe locals can answer this-- How fast do things move along in PA? Trial in 1-2 yrs.?

From San Diego State: Her concentration....

Bio​

My research aims to explore the complex interplay between psychological factors—such as depression, stress, negative affect, and trauma— and critical health outcomes and behaviors— such as metabolic syndrome, heart disease, obesity, eating behavior, and exercise. I am particularly interested in exploring these relationships within female and trauma-exposed populations. By concentrating on these relationships, my research aims to shed light on the unique challenges and opportunities for intervention within these vulnerable groups.

However... I see her stating a connection to University of California, San Diego. ???
Well, that’s a very vague and all-encompassing description of research “focus”. It’s not like anyone else has ever published on mind-body connections…;) Throw in women and trauma, and you have the 2020’s du jour popular topics (note: this is about her cliché selection of topics, no commentary at all about sufferers intended).

She’s also “5th year”. I want to know what her area of “original research” is for her dissertation. Not started a dissertation? Huge red flag there’s something wrong in her academic status. IMO I might be wrong, but I don’t believe the Ph.D. Is immensely strung out in Clinical Psychology. At the very least, she should be winding up, especially if she’s not working full-time.

I wonder if NV has a thing against boys specifically? Attacking an infant boy’s private appurtenance sounds very specific to boyness. The parents had to rush the infant to hospital with injuries to his genitals. Was castration her goal, maybe? Circumcision?

Last edited:
I’m getting Lucy Letby vibes from her too, and envision her as the type to have hurt the babies purposefully to see their reactions with cold clinical detachment. I suspect the second baby was harmed because she was hurting him and perhaps he was screaming and wouldn’t stop so she just killed him.
SBMFF

Your comment made me wonder if Leon also had the same type of trauma to his genital area as well. Those poor babies. :(

This article is about physical activity and momentary pain??!!!!
Article 1. News flash on this”original research”! It testifies to the importance of looking at the role of social interaction in health, as evidenced by the number of articles published on this topic. It’s written under the auspices of a Polish (?) professor, and is an analysis of a database, not clinical psychology research.

Article 2. News flash on this “original research”! It suggests there are grounds for research on the relationship between momentary pain and physical activity. As far as I can tell, “physical activity” was narrowed to walking (otherwise known as ambulatory movement, :rolleyes:) This article has numerous authors, I would guess a team of grad students looking at databases and relevant article summaries.

Time for me to go get some ambulatory movement and waddle into the kitchen for some coffee, but oh, dear, my momentary pain of tapping out WS snark is causing me to be sluggish, my fingers hurt, my ankles are tight, and my knees are wonky… :p Yep, my plight would fit right into the content of Article 2.

My questions have more to do with her coming across the country, not even staying in the family's home, but somehow being allowed to apparently change the twin's diapers, or get near his genital's in the first place.

Not to fault the parents because I still don't know how this all came about, and trusting the wrong people happens; however, why would a visitor be left with your child to know about his genitals. All I'm conveying is I wouldn't just let out of town guests start changing my baby's diapers or trust someone visiting with the care of my young infants. How well did they really know this woman?
We don't know if the parents expected or asked NV to change the babies' diapers. We only know there were genital injuries. That might have nothing or everything to do with diapers.

It was not clear why Virzi was in Pittsburgh, but there were traces of the friendship between the two women online.

Virzi’s X account is now protected, making her messages inaccessible.

But Roberts made reference to her at least twice, once in Jan. 2022 where she referred to Virzi’s “incredible work” and once in May 2021 when she wrote a post to Virzi saying: “You are going to do an AMAZING job! I can’t wait to hear about your experience.”​
Snipped for focus:

No sign in anything anyone's turned up yet that there was "incredible work" going on, and the "amazing job" was yet to be. I wonder if NV was given to embellishments?
These two might have met at a conference. Maybe the APA (as in, American Psychological Association, not American Philological Association, to which yours truly once belonged)? That could be a major conference in late December, which would be fresh for a Jan 2022 post.

I'm feeling very snarky about NV's academic aptitude..... House of cards, maybe. I'm betting someone at UCSD spotted that she was never going to be a clinical psychologist. Trial could get VERY interesting.

Short video of NV talking about a paper she wrote on depression.

Quote from that paper...

Virzi explained how "somatic symptoms of depression may be important to the development of ischemic heart disease risk factors and major adverse cardiovascular events" in women.

She and seven other authors studied how depression symptoms and other variables could be "predictors" of cardiac events in the female population.

Rickshaw Fan's eyes roll completely out of his/her/its head, and get lost in the dirty shag carpet... (Sheesh, I'd better vacuum).
"What happens to your body when you're depressed might give you a 'cardiovascular event'"? Well, yeah.
This is just so newsy. Y'all could write this paper on the back of an envelope in between doing the dishes and putting the kids to bed. Obvious from multiple court cases here and major depression when they're done, the many heart attacks waiting for a verdict, thousands of DIY books, and personal experience... In fact, y'all might well have gone through the same symptoms several times over in a life of doing dishes and putting kids to bed, as well as had your heart broken (literally and figuratively) many a time. I don't have kids, so I'm not in the same league, but nota bene, it took 8 "authors" to come up with this!

The friend said she did not know Virzi to be violent but said noted she “had some interpersonal issues. I would say she was a little rigid. She was nice. But very driven and motivated.”
Snipped for focus....

IMO as a description of a potential clinical psychologist, this might warrant reading between the lines. I'm thinking there's history at UCSD.

I agree that the defense will go with a tragic accident defense. They must remain committed to the version of events she gave to law enforcement and attack the medical experts and examiner’s conclusions that the injuries baby Leon suffered could not have been caused by an accidental fall. They will put up their own experts to dispute that, I’m sure. Schrager may also have to put her on the stand to tell her story - but it will depend on how good an actress she is and if she seems meek. Some of the accounts of her “inter-personal relationship issues” and “being rigid” may work against her on the stand.

As far as attacking the parents, I think given the circumstances of them rushing the other baby to the hospital and leaving her alone with the other baby out of necessity not choice, defense would be better off not at all going there as the jury will have a tremendous amount of sympathy for these parents. If they had dumped their babies on someone they barely knew and were out at bars till 3am, maybe. But Schrager’s too smart to play that card I think.

Then I think the other thing Schrager will do or should do is to keep anything out related to the genital injuries of the other twin and the opinion that she is responsible. I don’t know whether they will be trying to charge her for that as well in this case or if it would be a separate case altogether. I think he has a good shot at making the case that it’s too prejudicial and it’s separate from the death. But if it gets in, it’s great for the prosecution because it shows some depravity that can make it easier to believe she was capable of it.

Although it’s not required, the prosecution should try to find and present some semblance of a motive. We cynical true crime followers know that evil comes in many guises, but the jury may not be so jaded and find it hard to believe a young female could be capable of such a heinous crime.
A forensic physician might be able to tell if the baby's genital injuries were super fresh and had to have been caused while the parents were out, and NV was alone with the child. Bruises evolve, yes? So do clots?
We had testimony like this regarding Tammy Daybell's death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AustinK98
Back