PA - Leon Katz, infant, murdered, and twin, injured by babysitter, Pittsburgh- June 24, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Pennsylvania law includes 18 aggravating factors that prosecutors can cite in their pursuit of the death penalty. They range from the victim being a law enforcement officer or a judge to the crime involving kidnapping or torture.

In the case of Ms. Virzi, the DA’s office cited four: the defendant committed the killing while in the perpetration of a felony; the offense was committed by means of torture; the victim was under 12 years old; and the defendant has a significant history of felony convictions involving the use or threat of violence.

Although Ms. Virzi does not have a criminal history, if a jury finds her guilty of the charges against her in this case, those convictions will count as a criminal history for the purpose of sentencing.

Bolding the above and bumping this comment in light of the confusion about prior felonies.

I don’t know if there is precedent for considering the other charges to be “history” for sentencing purposes in that same case, but if so that seems like some creative lawyering or a poorly written law. Considering that a significant history of felonies would be redundant of “committing the killing while in the perpetration of a felony” and IMO would be an improper way of making one factor count as two.

Clipped by me and agree completely... a 6 week old is like a squirmy piece of sausage in a blanket. They barely can move themselves.

DM says:

'The defendant has a significant history of felony convictions involving the use or threat of violence to the person. The victim was a child under 12 years of age.'

Further details of these previous convictions were not shared. A public records check for Virzi only showed up details of the charges she faces over Leon's killing. "

This means there is a REAL history. A "significant" history. Of FELONY convictions. To a victim (of unknown age?)

......That have been cleanly covered up or erased from the records possibly due to daddy's prestigious titles.

When teaching spin/cyclebar classes, I guess one doesn't need to be livescan fingerprinted? Since kids don't take those classes? I know Lifeguards and Camp Counselors do....
I’m stunned, because her defense attorney kept insisting that she had no prior criminal history? I took that seriously, along with her being a PhD candidate.

So let me get this straight:

She has in her past a felony conviction for threats of violence against a child under the age of 12??

This changes everything…

Last edited:
I’m stunned, because her defense attorney kept insisting that she had no prior criminal history? I took that seriously, along with her being a PhD candidate.

So let me get this straight:

She has in her past a felony conviction for threats of violence against a child under the age of 12??

This changes everything…
Read up on the thread, the prosecutor talking about sentencing and seeking DP if she is convicted in this case is being taken out of context. JMOO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back