Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Authorities Ask Not To Spread Rumors About Missing Woman Case - WDAC

SABBM:

East Lampeter Township Police and the FBI are asking people to not to spread rumors on social media <snip>

Authorities say “do not be responsible for redirecting our efforts away from where they need to be. We should all unite to find Linda.”

This is incredibly strong language coming from LE here.

I don't make a habit of spending time on SM, because those sites tend to be nothing more than hotbeds of baseless conjecture, wildly imaginative speculation, and unsubstantiated rumors.

It's infuriating that a bunch of gossipy, tongue-wagging idiots on the internet are taking valuable time and resources away from LE's search for Linda.

JMO.

Last edited:
East Lampeter Township Police address rumors circulating online about Linda Stoltzfoos whereabouts

It has been reported Linda was last seen walking along Stumptown Road after a church event, but police say that's not correct. They say Linda was last seen at a church event located on Stumptown Road between Beechdale and Gibbons Road.
———————
Every article I have read up to this point have ALL said that she was seen at Beechdale & Stumptown walking alone...But now, that’s not the case? *scratching head*
Me too. So, what? She just vanished from the home where church was being held that day? I guess they all just assumed she had walked home. Now that I think about it... I recall a news article that quoted a church member saying it was out of character for Linda to just leave without telling anybody. At the time, I thought they were saying it would be out of character for her to leave the church -- for good -- without telling her family.

Hmmmm.... this case has me completely baffled. It's as if she just vanished out of thin air! :(

Attached is a composite photo that was created by the FBI to show how Linda might appear in street clothes and with her hair down. Again, if anyone has any information regarding this missing person case please contact the East Lampeter Township Police at 717 291-4676, click on the submit a tip button below or through the FBI's online tip site: tips.fbi.gov.

Sourced via CRIMEWATCH®: CASE: Linda Stoltzfoos Composite Picture

There are many women missing from Luzerne County, PA which is only an hour away from where Linda disappeared.
Missing Persons

T
he FBI created a composite drawing of Linda wearing non-Amish street clothes.
MISSING AMISH TEEN: FBI creates composite photo
View attachment 254042
Maybe they created this composite just in case, but now I'm thinking maybe her leaving on her own isn't that unlikely. I still think she didn't, but who knows.

Maybe they created this composite just in case, but now I'm thinking maybe her leaving on her own isn't that unlikely. I still think she didn't, but who knows.
ITA How could she have left all on her own? Someone had to get her out of the area. She couldn't have walked away and someone would have to be sheltering her now. This just doesn't seem possible to me or probable either that she could do this all alone with no help.

But I think if someone took her for whatever reason, the first thing they’d do is get her out of her distinctive clothing. The composite helps show what she’d look like and also drives home the point that we’re essentially not looking for an Amish person at this point. Don’t discount seeing and reporting a confused/panicked/drugged teenager because she didn’t look Amish.

I may be wrong but I keep having this nagging feeling that Linda has a good chance of being alive. I do wonder if she was taken by so

I just had this thought pop into my head. Do they use outdoor outhouses in those areas or indoor toilets? If any outhouses are in the immediate area, or at the location she was last believed to be, they need to drain it. I would hope she didn't fall in or someone placed her there. A terrible thought but one that should be looked into.
I was also thinking, if she was last seen at the house, is there a well, new or old, that she could have slipped into while outside getting some fresh air? She is very slender.

But I think if someone took her for whatever reason, the first thing they’d do is get her out of her distinctive clothing. The composite helps show what she’d look like and also drives home the point that we’re essentially not looking for an Amish person at this point. Don’t discount seeing and reporting a confused/panicked/drugged teenager because she didn’t look Amish.
Oh yeah, good point.

If the Amish themselves are organizing searches because LE has ceased walking searches, then what did they base their decision to walk Chestnut Tree Road area and Cupolo Road off Rt. 83
on?
It seems that they are searching for a body and how would they have chosen those areas? Would local rumors and suggestions be the base? They must know so much more than we do.

Assuming Linda has been taken by someone, another point to recognizing her would be her speech. Young Amish people speak English well, but there’s... not an accent exactly, but some intonation and pronunciation that is different. Someone seeing her in normal clothing and hearing her speak might think she was foreign.

BBM:

I wonder if LS is known to enjoy swimming, wading, or otherwise being near water.

A lot of people are drawn to water, especially in hot weather.

It may be that being in/around water is known to be something she enjoys.

JMO.

Morning!

But how would she get there?

Could it also be possible LE is following up on what they believe is a credible tip?

I hope they have a potential suspect in mind, and someone has told them the suspect is often known to go to this specific location. Look at how many suspects have chosen bodies of water to discard the bodies of their victims.

Imo, its painfully obvious LE does not believe Linda is alive. The locations where they have searched shows this is their belief, imo, even though they will continue to say publicly they consider her case as a missing person case.

We have discussed so many foul play missing persons cases over the years, and there is always one consistent denominator. And that is how quickly the abductors were able to take the victims without anyone noticing or hearing anything, when the victims, both children, and adults, were taken in broad daylight.

Imo, I do not believe Linda went missing willingly on her own accord. I don't think LE believes it either.

Imo, they believe her body is still in the same general areas they have searched, and will search.

The hardest part of missing person cases is being able to locate where the predator took the victims once abducted, and then finding any other locations LE needs to not only locate the victims, but to find vital evidence in order to bring the suspects to justice.

Imo, missing persons cases involving foul play, which I believe this one is, can be some of the hardest to solve.

We know that to be true by the countless unsolved missing person cases here where LE suspects foul play.

Predators are as individual as the heinous criminal acts they do against innocent victims. While one may quickly discard the body relatively close to the abduction site after the murder ...another one will go great distances to discard their victim. Some even leave them right in the same area where they were held against their will, raped, and murdered.

Imo, Linda is out there somewhere waiting to be found, and brought home.

I pray LE is successful, and gives her shattered family justice. I don't want Linda to be added to the long list of the missing, but never found. :(

Jmho

There a belief that immersion in water will destroy all DNA evidence. There is also the idea that a body that is weighted down and placed in water will stay out of sight forever. Neither of these are true but may not be understood in the area because of not being connected to the internet or MSM for up to date information.

If the Amish themselves are organizing searches because LE has ceased walking searches, then what did they base their decision to walk Chestnut Tree Road area and Cupolo Road off Rt. 83
on?
It seems that they are searching for a body and how would they have chosen those areas? Would local rumors and suggestions be the base? They must know so much more than we do.

I came on Websleuths looking for something and saw this thread. I heard about this when she first went missing but have heard nothing about it lately. And this location is only ten miles from me! Granted i try to avoid local news because it's all fires, car accidents, shootings, and drownings, but it amazes me that this isn't a bigger story around here

If you look at Google Earth of the area Linda went missing, it is very open. It is not heavily wooded and there is only one nearby water feature. The scenario's are somewhat limited.
  • Left in a vehicle (on purpose or by misadventure).
  • Hidden in a nearby building or outbuilding.
  • In the water but as yet undiscovered.
  • In a field or drainage ditch.
I still have not heard if she had a cell phone or not. Someone likely knows something, but it may take a bit of time for it to come out.

People do not simply vanish into thin air. There is always evidence of some type. Chief Zerbe and his team at East Lampeter PD are competent, compassionate and have involved the FBI who have resources in depth. I am confident that what can be done, will be done to find this young lady.

Assuming Linda has been taken by someone, another point to recognizing her would be her speech. Young Amish people speak English well, but there’s... not an accent exactly, but some intonation and pronunciation that is different. Someone seeing her in normal clothing and hearing her speak might think she was foreign.

Such an excellent point. It is in "a look" or rather "no look". I don't mean as in clothing or accessories. I mean a gaze or avoidance of others eyes.

Just popping in and admittedly did not read the entire thread, but did this sweet young lady sell goods? Example as in Philly Reading Terminal? Even our Mennonite Sisters have an entirely different way of dealing with folks.

In NE Philly there was a markey where Amish worked. My brother was the mailman for YEARS and he got a "hmmmmph" once or twice by the man that ran it. The females paid no mind except the younger ones and that was only to eachother.

Please may this child be brought back to her community safely and unharmed.

Pardon my being rude. Only get computer time sparingly. Was it mentioned if Linda has her teeth?

Where can she be?

Yes, that’s an odd area to be related to this situation. Part of the Brandywine Creek is there.

Yesterday the Amish were searching along Mill Creek in West Lampeter from the edge of the township to where it empties into the Conestoga River. The police info from West Lampeter said the Amish were asking other church districts to conduct searches in their areas.

I wonder if the Amish believe Linda threw something into water before she disappeared that might give insight into her life, possible whereabouts, or possible contacts—a journal, letters, photos, address book, phone? Maybe that’s far fetched, but they seem to be concentrating on water.

JMO

If she had a cell phone there is a free app called Life 360. It is very accurate. We have it on all of our phones and I actually used it to find my cell phone out on the soccer field one day. My husband was able to pull my phone's location up on Life 360 and told me the phone should be beside the soccer goal and it was! I suggest this possibility because again, it is a free app and could be added to most phones.
Morning!

But how would she get there?

Could it also be possible LE is following up on what they believe is a credible tip?

I hope they have a potential suspect in mind, and someone has told them the suspect is often known to go to this specific location. Look at how many suspects have chosen bodies of water to discard the bodies of their victims.

Imo, its painfully obvious LE does not believe Linda is alive. The locations where they have searched shows this is their belief, imo, even though they will continue to say publicly they consider her case as a missing person case.

We have discussed so many foul play missing persons cases over the years, and there is always one consistent denominator. And that is how quickly the abductors were able to take the victims without anyone noticing or hearing anything, when the victims, both children, and adults, were taken in broad daylight.

Imo, I do not believe Linda went missing willingly on her own accord. I don't think LE believes it either.

Imo, they believe her body is still in the same general areas they have searched, and will search.

The hardest part of missing person cases is being able to locate where the predator took the victims once abducted, and then finding any other locations LE needs to not only locate the victims, but to find vital evidence in order to bring the suspects to justice.

Imo, missing persons cases involving foul play, which I believe this one is, can be some of the hardest to solve.

We know that to be true by the countless unsolved missing person cases here where LE suspects foul play.

Predators are as individual as the heinous criminal acts they do against innocent victims. While one may quickly discard the body relatively close to the abduction site after the murder ...another one will go great distances to discard their victim. Some even leave them right in the same area where they were held against their will, raped, and murdered.

Imo, Linda is out there somewhere waiting to be found, and brought home.

I pray LE is successful, and gives her shattered family justice. I don't want Linda to be added to the long list of the missing, but never found. :(

Jmho

Along these same lines, if she is deceased, I would want to know where the local Amish community dispose of deceased farm animals...cattle, horses, stillborn calves, etc. If there is a burial area or a general area where this occurs, they need to look carefully. It would be a good area to conceal a person and could possibly throw off cadaver dogs trying to track scent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste