Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be typical for Amish businesses to have cameras on the outside of their buildings? I noticed when I did a Google walk down Beachdale to Stumpfield Road that there were several businesses, homes too for that fact, that were right next to the road and cameras would have picked up her or any cars that had gone by.

(rsbm)

What do you mean by this? Do you mean her talking to someone would have been nipped in the bud and she wouldn't have been allowed to go back to the market? Or do you mean they'd have already caught a perpetrator by now and it would be out of the news? Or something else?

I mean if she was talking to someone or had a special friend her parents would have known. They would have kept it in the community if they thought she ran away with someone and we would have never heard about it.
Also the broad street market is kind of unique in terms of farmers markets. It's in the heart of the city in an area that is gentrified and covered in cameras because the mayors bookstore is across the street. The Amish are friendly and nice but don't engage more than they realily have to so if Linda was speaking to someone it would stick out like a sore thumb, her parents would know, it would never have made it to the news. They know she was abducted or hit.

Also want to point out one other thing, the vulnerable individual issue could be a result of her not speaking English. Although doubtful she could only speak Pennsylvania Dutch, which in Lancaster and Northern Dauphin County is very common but outside of those areas can't say I've ever heard it spoken.

It always concerns me when a young girl goes missing, but it appears Linda is somehow especially vulnerable and that scares me even more. I'm under the impression that, if her family suspected, even slightly, that she had left on her own accord, they wouldn't have reported her missing. Something bad happened to her.

Some Amish-owned businesses might have security cameras outside if they have product or materials that are stored there. It’s hard to make generalizations about the Amish, but they can be an interesting mix of old ways and modern technology when it comes to business.

Amish children learn English in school, so Linda probably speaks it well, especially if she works at a market in Harrisburg. The preschoolers are the ones who look at you like you have two heads when you speak to them, forgetting that they don’t understand most of what you said.

Linda may be considered “vulnerable” because of a physical condition, too. Since the Amish usually marry in a small gene pool, there are genetic diseases unique to the Old Order Amish. There’s a renowned “Clinic for Special Children” in Strasburg, PA that researches and treats genetic disorders. Their patients are mostly Amish, but they have worked with some genetic illnesses found in closed communities in other parts of the world.

IMO

I highly doubt Linda was killed/harmed by a hit and run. This is a theory that comes up in every case of a missing woman, and I don't recall it ever ending up being the case.

I’ve been following this one from the beginning....

With her being Amish, the fact that police were involved from the beginning makes me feel like something nefarious is suspected. The Amish tends to handle things on their own, so to ask for outsiders help, that means something.

Also, this escalated quickly. People go missing all the time. Linda is technically an adult. So for a huge search to be occurring that is being lead by law enforcement & first responders, it makes me feel like there is reason to believe foul play.

I don’t live far from this area & have always had very good experiences with the Amish but I also know that there is a side to the community that unnerves me. I am hopeful that the information that is being given to LE is truthful & will ultimately end with her being found safe.

It’s also such a rural area that the possibilities feel limitless. With the lack of cctv, phone pings, gps tracking, tourist area, it feels like they are against all odds.

I do worry about her. It just doesn’t feel like a good situation.

Last edited:
Crews continue search for missing East Lampeter Twp. 18-year-old who didn't return from church on Sunday

SABBM:

Police are "still attempting to figure out what may have happened," East Lampeter Township police public information officer Lt. Matthew Hess said. Foul play has yet to be ruled out.

All together, Lt. Eachus said there have been well over 1,500 man hours put into the search.

Re: Water searches.

It has been noted that it was hot that day.

Does anyone know if most Amish are taught/know how to swim?

JMO.

Crews continue search for missing East Lampeter Twp. 18-year-old who didn't return from church on Sunday

SABBM:

Police are "still attempting to figure out what may have happened," East Lampeter Township police public information officer Lt. Matthew Hess said. Foul play has yet to be ruled out.

All together, Lt. Eachus said there have been well over 1,500 man hours put into the search.

Re: Water searches.

It has been noted that it was hot that day.

Does anyone know if most Amish are taught/know how to swim?

JMO.

I have definitely seen Amish swim/wade. Given the location of their home & the proximity of the river/stream I feel like this family would likely have been used to the water. IMO

I highly doubt Linda was killed/harmed by a hit and run. This is a theory that comes up in every case of a missing woman, and I don't recall it ever ending up being the case.

I wonder if family or friends found new black skid marks from tires on the road? Perhaps grass crushed down along the stretch of road where she was walking that showed signs of a struggle or grass crushed down with tire tracks where someone pulled over. Maybe her shoe or some personal item was found along the road where she was walking. This type of situation would have likely been enough to cause family to call police for help. Maybe someone who lives along the road noticed a slow moving vehicle that turned around a time or two and seemed to be loitering in the area. Just some thoughts and all IMO.

If the Amish cover up their own abuse and deal with it internally then the police need to get a bit tougher imo and get right into their business

I’m horrified to hear of Amish abusers

The police cannot do anything about incidents that are not reported. The Amish will not report as they are instructed by the church to let their bishops and church handle things. This is the way they have been doing things for hundreds of years. It would have to be a particularly egregious act to involve English law enforcement.

I have definitely seen Amish swim/wade. Given the location of their home & the proximity of the river/stream I feel like this family would likely have been used to the water. IMO

The Amish do swim. I have even seen many down at the beaches on the Chesapeake bay. Many have ponds at home that they use for swimming and recreation.

The police cannot do anything about incidents that are not reported. The Amish will not report as they are instructed by the church to let their bishops and church handle things. This is the way they have been doing things for hundreds of years. It would have to be a particularly egregious act to involve English law enforcement.

Thanks, @cutter99, for all of your valuable input. I lived and worked in this area many years ago and find all that you are saying to be how I remember things. Of course, I probably was not quite a familiar with as many Amish as you were, but I did have a few personal associations with Amish as well as those who were a couple of generations removed. I hesitate to weigh in on how things are because I moved away about 30 years ago. I am always interested to hear the current ways in the area.

I do so hope that Linda is found today. I agree that there must be something that alarmed the bishop and the family enough to go to the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand