Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *kidnapping arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that if JS planned the abduction and was planning to keep and transport LS for any length of time, putting her in regular clothes would be the first order of business.

I feel like I’m missing something about a white covering. LS would have been walking home in her black church covering. Changing into her white one would have been part of changing her clothes at home. It’s not as simple as just switching from one hat to another. The coverings are usually pinned onto the hair with straight pins. I’m not sure where JS would come up with a white covering. An English man going into an Amish store to buy a covering would have seemed pretty strange IMO.
I may have missed it but where was it stated by LE or witnesses that she was wearing black cap? My experience from seeing many of them out and about for church, recreation etc is that they have on white caps. Perhaps some districts do the black on Sunday worship but I have not seen the young ladies in them. I am typically in all of these areas of interest when I visit. Trying not to get to off topic with the cap but don't recall seeing it verified. TIA

I may have missed it but where was it stated by LE or witnesses that she was wearing black cap? My experience from seeing many of them out and about for church, recreation etc is that they have on white caps. Perhaps some districts do the black on Sunday worship but I have not seen the young ladies in them. I am typically in all of these areas of interest when I visit. Trying not to get to off topic with the cap but don't recall seeing it verified. TIA
The FBI missing persons flyer indicates that Linda was wearing a black covering when last seen by friends and family. The black covering is also mentioned in the Affidavit (#10 and #11).

The family said her church clothes were not in her room. I believe LE got their info. from them. Tan dress, white apron and black head covering which is what single ladies in that area wear. Married women wear white head covering.

Last edited:
NO, not really, at least by what I can tell.
Ive been trying to follow the path by RR tracks and woods but it is a bit challenging for this not-so-techy gal LOL
This google map you shared with the timeline is very helpful. If all the sightings and times are correct, we know when she was seen they were heading south (Amish Rd), then when he was seen without her, he was back at Harvest Rd. This leads me to think that the crime itself likely took place somewhere in the Amish rd area. I’m curious of the times of the cell phone pings. I think that would give us a better picture.

Attachments

• IMG_3142.JPG
    IMG_3142.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 26
As stated in earlier thread by me, a ping doesn't say exactly where a cell phone is; just that it's within 20 mile radius of ping. Experts can triangulate phone ping to get more precise location of phone. I think Rocky1 knows about triangulation, you could ask him or look in earlier thread where it was discussed.

The head covering/ cap issue keeps surfacing. :rolleyes:

Perhaps posters are re-investigating all aspects of the day? Clothing is a very important aspect of when Linda was last seen. IF JS knew that in Linda's order only married women wore a white cap, who's to say he didn't acquire a white cap to give the appearance the two of them were married? It would definitely seem less suspicious that they were seen together. Because we don't know what JS's relationships within the Amish community may have been, it is entirely possible he could have obtained any article of clothing without buying it.

Just because I (or any other poster) post any idea (thinking outside the box), it doesn't mean that is necessarily what I/we believe. It's just a thought. That's what we do here; post our thoughts. NO ONE knows exactly what or how things happened that day. Investigators may have some great tips, but even they don't know everything. That's why Linda has not been found.

While I understand you do not believe a white cap was present the day Linda was abducted, rolling one's eyes at another poster's thoughts are not necessary. Some make take offense to such an action. There are many long-time posters on this thread. Some of us have had family members abducted and/or murdered. We have learned to think and rethink every possible scenario. I listed the reasons I believe a white cap on the seat of the car may be a possibility. We don't always agree with one another. But I respect another's ideas, and I hope you do too.

I know there were apparently two different times when people saw into JS's vehicle -- once when he drove past with (presumably) LS sitting in the passenger seat, and then again when the car was parked and someone took photos of the interior. Right?

Which of these instances was when people saw "something white"?

Because people are talking about something white being seen "on the seat" ie not on LS's person. Was that from when the car was parked?

Or is there a third (or more) time that people saw into the car?

Perhaps posters are re-investigating all aspects of the day? Clothing is a very important aspect of when Linda was last seen. IF JS knew that in Linda's order only married women wore a white cap, who's to say he didn't acquire a white cap to give the appearance the two of them were married? It would definitely seem less suspicious that they were seen together. Because we don't know what JS's relationships within the Amish community may have been, it is entirely possible he could have obtained any article of clothing without buying it.

Just because I (or any other poster) post any idea (thinking outside the box), it doesn't mean that is necessarily what I/we believe. It's just a thought. That's what we do here; post our thoughts. NO ONE knows exactly what or how things happened that day. Investigators may have some great tips, but even they don't know everything. That's why Linda has not been found.

While I understand you do not believe a white cap was present the day Linda was abducted, rolling one's eyes at another poster's thoughts are not necessary. Some make take offense to such an action. There are many long-time posters on this thread. Some of us have had family members abducted and/or murdered. We have learned to think and rethink every possible scenario. I listed the reasons I believe a white cap on the seat of the car may be a possibility. We don't always agree with one another. But I respect another's ideas, and I hope you do too.
I too have gone over the information posted here to try to establish the known facts based on LE and eyewitnesses reports. JS would have had to plan this abduction in order to acquire a white head covering would he not ? Or he just happened to have one handy ? Why go through the trouble of acquiring a white cap to appear as a married couple when he could have acquired street clothes and no one would have thought a thing of them being seen together. I could be wrong but I don't think this was planned. Just another point of view I thought of sharing and JMO.

I too have gone over the information posted here to try to establish the known facts based on LE and eyewitnesses reports. JS would have had to plan this abduction in order to acquire a white head covering would he not ? Or he just happened to have one handy ? Why go through the trouble of acquiring a white cap to appear as a married couple when he could have acquired street clothes and no one would have thought a thing of them being seen together. I could be wrong but I don't think this was planned. Just another point of view I thought of sharing and JMO.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. :)

IMO, it may also be possible that whatever the white "object" may have been, did not even belong to Linda. Some perpetrators are known to carry a "kill" kit (white: zip ties/bindings, duct tape, rope, scarf w/blood?). Absolutely anything is possible until LE states otherwise. My hope, no matter what is known or unknown (planned or unplanned), is that Linda will be found and brought home to her family. And soon.

Last edited:
Your welcome, likewise thanks for sharing your thoughts too. Besides, someone in an upthread asked where is it stated or linked that Linda Stoltzfoos wore a white cap.
Yes that was me. Someone and so I went back and read the affidavit and the black cap was seen by the witness in Gap after the kidnapping took place. It was noted more because Sunday coverings in that particular area of Gap are not black. The FBI poster does not state she was wearing black head covering at all that I saw. It states a tan dress, white apron and cap. I saw in the affidavit that the white cap is called white cape so I am not sure which is correct. I do not specifically see anywhere stated for fact by anyone that her head covering was black for church that day. So IMO only the white captured in the front seat of the car which was on video at the kidnap location could possibly be her head cap if her head was down for some reason. You would see the white head covering which it very possibly could be. Again this is MO only and I understand others have different ones and I respect that.

Your welcome, likewise thanks for sharing your thoughts too. Besides, someone in an upthread asked where is it stated or linked that Linda Stoltzfoos wore a white cap.

Linda is wearing a white cap in the photo on the FBI poster. She may not have been wearing one at the time of her abduction, she may have been wearing a black one. But she most certainly did wear a white cap at times according to the photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSI1005