Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *kidnapping arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it ever been suggested to put a link to major points in discussion threads in either the TOC or Media only posts?

It's nice being able to jump to different parts in discussions and see what other people are saying when something major happens, especially cases with 48 threads o_O

I had this thought when I first joined WS and was perusing the Watts murders threads. I had read the discovery first and it was fascinating going back and seeing what everyone thought from the beginning before anything was known.

The first part - about him panicking, if he has done something awful to this young woman, and this is his first offence at a crime of this nature - previous ones were bank robberies iirc - he could have panicked and told someone what had happened, maybe the person he told made an anonymous call to FBI as to who he was (arrested at workplace) and where to find evidence (buried clothing) on the same day.

the 2nd part - I just wanted some clarity, yes it was his vehicle, and clearly there is evidence of something to do with him otherwise he wouldn't be arrested and no bail etc. but just wanted to see if there was cctv footage/stills confirming it was definitely him, just because its his vehicle doesn't mean he was the driver - most likely is, but there is a chance it wasn't, and without images to prove it was him, it could be an argument in his favour . Don't misunderstand me, imo he is guilty, but all other possibilities should be considered also.
Your right, all other possibilities should be explored and his lawyer might explore or explain that. If he wasn't driving his car he would have told police who was. I doubt he is going to take the heat for someone else. He panicked when ? After he assaulted her and killed her but didn't mean to kill her. Not going to get him a break or a deal.

Your right, all other possibilities should be explored and his lawyer might explore or explain that. If he wasn't driving his car he would have told police who was. I doubt he is going to take the heat for someone else. He panicked when ? After he assaulted her and killed her but didn't mean to kill her. Not going to get him a break or a deal.

I'm sorry, I am not the best at explaining myself, as you can probably tell :) - I theorised he may have panicked to possibly provide an explanation as to how the reward/found evidence and arrest all occurred on the same day.

Edited - ppl don't always act the way we think they should though do they? if they did there would be much less **** in this world.

He shouldn't get a break/deal if he has harmed/taken this young woman's life - I completely agree.

Last edited:
My interpretation was that Linda's group/area wears black headcoverings to church, but where she was seen in the car was in a different area, where black headcoverings are not worn to church (or perhaps at all) which is why it caught the attention of the observers.

IMOO

The person seen in the video and believed to have been abducted was wearing white, according to the criminal complaint.

I was wondering how did LE discover the buried clothing on the day the reward was offered. Did someone else besides JS know it was buried there ? Also, when the property owner called police after taking pictures of JS vehicle but it was gone when police got there; Why didn't the police go to JS and say " We had a report you were trespassing at 3104 Harvest Dr. just to see what his response was. You know he would have denied it. Then they could have said "We know you were there, what were you doing there ?'

According the criminal complaint:

On 6/23/20, a red Kia PA Reg KYB9713 was observed on Harvest road. The driver was looking in windows on the property and the owner called state police. I also wonder why the police did not go question JS about this. They had nothing to link this event to the kidnapping, however.

7/8 – a red car was observed on the surveillance video of Beechdale Road and identified as a 2005- 2010 Kia Rio. Subsequently, a record check revealed a red color 2007 Kia Rio which was owned by JS with PA Reg KYB9713.

7/10 – this is the day they enlarged and watched the video and actually saw the abduction for the first time. This also seems to be the day they put 2 + 2 together and linked the Beechdale red Kia with the Harvest Drive red Kia and went to search the Harvest Drive property and found the clothing.

Do you think perhaps it was a coincidence that they offered the reward on the same day the clothing was found?
It could be also be Rocky1 that someone gave them a tip to look in the wooded area where the bra and socks were found so they decided to offer a reward knowing it would go to that person. I don't like changing my mind.

The person seen in the video and believed to have been abducted was wearing white, according to the criminal complaint.

IIRC she was wearing a white apron/cape and a black headcover. The observer may have seen the white cape but also saw the black cap, which is how the observer knew LS was not from that area, since Amish in that area don't wear the black cap.

You might (understandably) be confusing the observer who saw LS in a white cape and black cap in the moving car and waved, and noticed she didn't wave back, with the reports of someone seeing a white object in the parked car -- which I'm thinking was maybe when the shopkeeper (or whoever that was) was taking photos of the car because he didn't know what it was doing where it was parked?

IMO MOO

Yes, it was reported by those witnesses in the Gap area that she was wearing a black cap. She wore it to church, it was hers. The picture in the link above shows her with a different outfit and a white cap. That is not how she was dressed the day she was abducted.
I thought it was reported that the Amish in LS area do not wear black bonnets to church? That is why he thought it was odd she was in the car with her church clothes on.

Yes, it was reported by those witnesses in the Gap area that she was wearing a black cap. She wore it to church, it was hers. The picture in the link above shows her with a different outfit and a white cap. That is not how she was dressed the day she was abducted.
I thought it was reported that the Amish in LS area do not wear black bonnets to church? That is why he thought it was odd she was in the car with her church clothes on.
Here is the link. Old Order community witnesses, latter-day technology led to arrest of suspect in Amish woman’s kidnapping

Do you think perhaps it was a coincidence that they offered the reward on the same day the clothing was found?
It could be also be Rocky1 that someone gave them a tip to look in the wooded area where the bra and socks were found so they decided to offer a reward knowing it would go to that person. I don't like changing my mind.
Who is "he" in the he thought it was odd ?

I saw this is the same article as above. Old Order community witnesses, latter-day technology led to arrest of suspect in Amish woman’s kidnapping
What does this mean? Identified as similar to what Linda would have worn. So they were not Linda's but looked close to what she would have worn?
A search of a wooded area to the rear of the property found a bra and stockings that Stoltzfoos’s family identified as similar to what Linda would have worn to church that day.
The old order community link you provided says she was wearing a tan dress, white apron , and a black head covering. She was walking home from church.

According the criminal complaint:

On 6/23/20, a red Kia PA Reg KYB9713 was observed on Harvest road. The driver was looking in windows on the property and the owner called state police. I also wonder why the police did not go question JS about this. They had nothing to link this event to the kidnapping, however.

7/8 – a red car was observed on the surveillance video of Beechdale Road and identified as a 2005- 2010 Kia Rio. Subsequently, a record check revealed a red color 2007 Kia Rio which was owned by JS with PA Reg KYB9713.

7/10 – this is the day they enlarged and watched the video and actually saw the abduction for the first time. This also seems to be the day they put 2 + 2 together and linked the Beechdale red Kia with the Harvest Drive red Kia and went to search the Harvest Drive property and found the clothing.
Could LS have gotten away from JS and that is why he was looking in windows trying to find her? He comes back still searching for her? Maybe she is some where hurt and ashamed of what he did to her. Saying prayers that she is found. She didn't deserve any of this.

C
Could LS have gotten away from JS and that is why he was looking in windows trying to find her? He comes back still searching for her? Maybe she is some where hurt and ashamed of what he did to her. Saying prayers that she is found. She didn't deserve any of this.
Anything's a possibility Pleeang, that's why it's good to get other people's input.

Oh no I don't. I think the reward was the incentive at least that's MOO.
Okay. That would mean that someone not only saw JS backed in at Harvest Drive, but would also have had to know he was responsible for her kidnapping.
I thought it was from the cams and the neighbor sitting on the porch watching cars go by that LE determined it was him, but maybe I'm wrong.

The first part - about him panicking, if he has done something awful to this young woman, and this is his first offence at a crime of this nature - previous ones were bank robberies iirc - he could have panicked and told someone what had happened, maybe the person he told made an anonymous call to FBI as to who he was (arrested at workplace) and where to find evidence (buried clothing) on the same day.

the 2nd part - I just wanted some clarity, yes it was his vehicle, and clearly there is evidence of something to do with him otherwise he wouldn't be arrested and no bail etc. but just wanted to see if there was cctv footage/stills confirming it was definitely him, just because its his vehicle doesn't mean he was the driver - most likely is, but there is a chance it wasn't, and without images to prove it was him, it could be an argument in his favour . Don't misunderstand me, imo he is guilty, but all other possibilities should be considered also.
Do you think he made an anonymous call and wasn't concerned about the reward?

Okay. That would mean that someone not only saw JS backed in at Harvest Drive, but would also have had to know he was responsible for her kidnapping.
I thought it was from the cams and the neighbor sitting on the porch watching cars go by that LE determined it was him, but maybe I'm wrong.
You might be right Rocky1, wasn't it posted on thread #2 that his car was backed in ? So much is said on here, it's not easy to separate facts from rumors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member