Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *kidnapping arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post. Let me ask you this...
If he wanted the undergarmets and the zip tie to be found, why do you think he buried them?
If he used the zip tie so Linda couldn't open the door, how and where do you think he secured it?
If he was tying her hands together, where would he secure the other end to? He would need to send it through some type of a loop so she wouldn't be able to pull it away, and that would have to be within arms reach. The only item I can think of is the male end of the seat belt that has the hole in it, but she'd still be able to wave because the seat belt would stretch enough to allow her to wave. She may not be able to exit the car, but she'd still be able to open the door.

I would expect someone like him would remove the door handle from inside the passenger front seat door in anticipation of an abduction. Then she could not open the door to get out, even if she wanted to try.

I would expect someone like him would remove the door handle from inside the passenger front seat door in anticipation of an abduction. Then she could not open the door to get out, even if she wanted to try.
Compliance is deadly the first few minutes of an abduction I've read. Either way, that poor girl wasn't coming out of that alive. I'd thrashed my body so people would see me. If they thought her not waving was odd, how about seeing her thrash around. At least they may have called LE faster.

"Your best chance of thwarting an abduction attempt is in the first few seconds. You must do everything you can to fight off your assailant. Forget about compliance. Fight dirtily and aggressively. Go for the eyes, the neck, the genitals. Shout at the top of your voice. Do not be taken quietly. Do not be a soft target. You have a good chance of scaring off your abductor if your response is unexpectedly violent."

Bear Grylls on how to survive a kidnapping

I’m sort of confused about the use of cadaver dogs finding the clothing, then speculation she may be alive somewhere. MOO those statements totally contradict each other. Can/will a cadaver dog hit on not “cadavery” stuff? TIA. I hate asking this. :(

No need to remove the door handle. Many cars have what is called "child proof locks" to prevent a child or anyone from opening a door from the inside. There is a piece on the door where the jamb is, that you flip to activate the child proof lock. It's not on the door panel. The other feature in some cars is that with electronic door switches, the master panel on the drivers door panel allows the driver to lock a door and only the driver can deactivate the lock on that door.

Last edited:
Not to stigmatize anyone here, but the photos of JS all seem to have a similar expression, even though most of the photos are mugshots done by LE. Even the few facebook pictures seem to exude the same figure. I might be leaning towards the possibility, that he has been living with 'fetal alcohol syndrome'.

Not to stigmatize anyone here, but the photos of JS all seem to have a similar expression, even though most of the photos are mugshots done by LE. Even the few facebook pictures seem to exude the same figure. I might be leaning towards the possibility, that he has been living with 'fetal alcohol syndrome'.
I don’t think so at all. MOO. I have studied faces for a long time and definitely do not think that he has FAS.
I do however think that he looked like he was dead in the eyes, just like Jodi Arias. And I said that wayyy early on.
I would be extremely curious to know if he had a brain scan/MRI that indicated decreased white brain matter in his temporoparietal junction. This is where our morals lie. Among other things. Temporoparietal junction - Wikipedia

No need to remove the door handle. Many cars have what is called "child proof locks" to prevent a child or anyone from opening a door from the inside. There is a piece on the door where the jamb is, that you flip to activate the child proof lock. It's not on the door panel. The other feature in some cars is that with electronic door switches, the master panel on the drivers door panel allows the driver to lock a door and only the driver can deactivate the lock on that door.

I think removing the door handle in this case is a more likely scenario. Unless, of course Linda was placed in the back seat.

Child safety locks tend to be built into the rear doors of vehicles. Please see photos and information provided by AAA insurance in attachment.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-08-08-21-03-03_kindlephoto-2806011.png
    Screenshot_2020-08-08-21-03-03_kindlephoto-2806011.png
    683.2 KB · Views: 14
Hi @Rocky1!
I'll take a stab at answering your question (from my personal perspective, of course).

Based on the evidence we've learned so far (which is not a whole lot), I believe JS did plan Linda's kidnapping. Considering the fact that he was seen cruising the road where the abduction took place both before and after church services. IMO, he was watching for a lone female.
While I don't necessarily think he planned to kidnap Linda specifically, I do believe he was out trolling for a victim.

As to the zip ties- my guess is that he carried them specifically to restrain a victim(s). Part of his "kill kit", so to speak. He was just waiting for the right opportunity to use them. I have long wondered if the zip ties are associated with LE's statement that Linda has been harmed in some way. Was there something on that zip tie that would lead them to believe this? Blood, skin cells, or some other form of DNA? Finding only one zip tie is a bit perplexing, but the others (if any), may still be attached to Linda. (Sorry all- I sincerely don't like voicing such things). :(

ETA- why was he seen in the same area two days later? Was he looking for another victim (since he may have believed he "got away with it", or, was he looking for evidence of some sort that may have been left behind? A bible or shoe dropped at time of abduction? Maybe another zip tie he planned to use for restraining a victim?
There may have been something on the zip tie as you say, but if so, I'm thinking blood. The reason I say this is because if it was skin cells, or DNA, I'm not so sure that would prove she was harmed.

I’m sort of confused about the use of cadaver dogs finding the clothing, then speculation she may be alive somewhere. MOO those statements totally contradict each other. Can/will a cadaver dog hit on not “cadavery” stuff? TIA. I hate asking this. :(
"Cadaver" Dogs are trained to smell decomposition/death.
"Tracking" Dogs are trained to smell human scent, (ie. Raft, which is dead skin cells that your body sheds about 40,000 of every minute) and disturbed ground after it's been walked on, like grass or leaves that have been stepped on.
"Trailing" Dogs are trained to smell a particular human. Those are the dogs that LE may have smell an article of clothing and send them off to hunt.

If JS never leads LE to her body then he can hold out hope, scant as it may be, that a jury will acquit him. But, if he takes LE to her hidden body, why hold a trial, he just nailed himself. I think we can only expect silence from him.

IMO when it comes to keeping people safe maybe we should be a tad more ‘third world’ in our approach to justice.
Third world justice is rather severe and cruel at times. I will say this, laws in this country can be too harsh or liberal depending on variables such as the state, the judge etc. A recent case in Georgia involves a man who was deemed a habitual criminal and has been in jail for years. His last offense was attempting to steal hedge trimmers. The man is 60 something. One judge dissented agreeing the sentence was too harsh. There have been cases of homicide where the perp got 20 years and was released from prison.

There may have been something on the zip tie as you say, but if so, I'm thinking blood. The reason I say this is because if it was skin cells, or DNA, I'm not so sure that would prove she was harmed.

Warning: this post contains information that could be upsetting to some readers. Please proceed with caution (or skip this post with forensic information).

I agree that there would need to be a reason investigators determined someone had been harmed with only a small piece of evidence (zip tie). It is completely possible forensic evidence could determine if those skin cells/blood were from a deceased person. We know decomposition begins immediately after a person is deceased. The following link regarding human decomposition contains photos/information that may be upsetting: 5 Stages of Human Decomposition | Bio Socal

It is also possible for cadaver dogs to detect human remains from any item that has been exposed to a deceased person for no more than 10 minutes (see link below). It is MOO that there was evidence on the zip tie collected that lead investigators to believe Linda had been harmed. We know also that the vehicle JS used in the abduction has been confiscated by LE. There may have been additional forensic evidence collected from said vehicle to make this determination. The zip tie may have been, let's say, in a pool of bodily fluids that JS attempted to clean from the vehicle. Specially trained cadaver dogs would have been able to detect this (along with additional forensic testing). I wish more than anything that I am wrong, and Linda is still alive and well. Unfortunately, at this point, I don't believe this is the case. :(

The CSI death dogs: Sniffing out the truth behind the crime-scene
One of the questions surrounding human cadaver dogs is how soon after death they can recognise a corpse, and how long a "fresh" corpse must remain in one place for a dog to detect that it has been there [...] colleagues tested the ability of three Hamburg State Police cadaver dogs to pick out – of a line-up of six new carpet squares – the one that had been exposed for no more than 10 minutes to a recently deceased person.

Warning: this post contains information that could be upsetting to some readers. Please proceed with caution (or skip this post with forensic information).

I agree that there would need to be a reason investigators determined someone had been harmed with only a small piece of evidence (zip tie). It is completely possible forensic evidence could determine if those skin cells/blood were from a deceased person. We know decomposition begins immediately after a person is deceased. The following link regarding human decomposition contains photos/information that may be upsetting: 5 Stages of Human Decomposition | Bio Socal

It is also possible for cadaver dogs to detect human remains from any item that has been exposed to a deceased person for no more than 10 minutes (see link below). It is MOO that there was evidence on the zip tie collected that lead investigators to believe Linda had been harmed. We know also that the vehicle JS used in the abduction has been confiscated by LE. There may have been additional forensic evidence collected from said vehicle to make this determination. The zip tie may have been, let's say, in a pool of bodily fluids that JS attempted to clean from the vehicle. Specially trained cadaver dogs would have been able to detect this (along with additional forensic testing). I wish more than anything that I am wrong, and Linda is still alive and well. Unfortunately, at this point, I don't believe this is the case. :(

One of the questions surrounding human cadaver dogs is how soon after death they can recognise a corpse, and how long a "fresh" corpse must remain in one place for a dog to detect that it has been there [...] colleagues tested the ability of three Hamburg State Police cadaver dogs to pick out – of a line-up of six new carpet squares – the one that had been exposed for no more than 10 minutes to a recently deceased person.
Unfortunately, I don't believe she is alive, and neither does LE.
If they did, they'd be searching daily until they had reason to believe she was not alive, and I think that time has come.
Of course we don't know what, if anything was on the zip tie as evidence to suggest that Linda was harmed, but if they made the announcement that she was harmed right after they found the zip tie, that would lead me to believe it was blood and not skin cells/ DNA, because it can take up to 72 hours to process that. There would of course be cells and DNA as well, but the timeline as to when they made the announcement in relation as to when they found the zip tie could tell the story.

When I first read zip tie, I immediately thought of a plastic tie, maybe 8 to 10 inches long and thin. But, I googled zip ties and found they can be metal or plastic and up to 36 inches long. It would be interesting to know if he had to use zip ties of an industrial grade in his work and had some in his car.

What puzzles me is why did JS bother going to the trouble of burying the bra and stockings? He could have driven out of town, ordered McDonald's at a drive thru, ate it and stopped at a gas station to fill his car up. While there he could have crammed the bra and stockings in the bag his sandwich had been in, crunch it up and pitch it in the trash can at the station. No one would dig around in the garbage for the fun of it while getting gas. It would be hauled away to the landfill and gone forever. Makes no sense. I would think sending Linda off to the landfill makes the most sense given the way this guy operates. All he needs to do is deposit her in a dumpster somewhere far out of the area that hauls trash directly to the landfill. LE wouldn't be checking dumpsters that far out of the immediate area. This really makes me wonder if HE is the one who last saw Linda? I keep going back to the FBI poster releasing the photo of how Linda might look in English clothing. Why would they do that? Do they think she may have been transported alive out of the area, possibly wearing different clothing? It appears that this FBI poster is still out there in circulation? Maybe I am overthinking this [I probably am].

What puzzles me is why did JS bother going to the trouble of burying the bra and stockings? He could have driven out of town, ordered McDonald's at a drive thru, ate it and stopped at a gas station to fill his car up. While there he could have crammed the bra and stockings in the bag his sandwich had been in, crunch it up and pitch it in the trash can at the station. No one would dig around in the garbage for the fun of it while getting gas. It would be hauled away to the landfill and gone forever. Makes no sense. I would think sending Linda off to the landfill makes the most sense given the way this guy operates. All he needs to do is deposit her in a dumpster somewhere far out of the area that hauls trash directly to the landfill. LE wouldn't be checking dumpsters that far out of the immediate area. This really makes me wonder if HE is the one who last saw Linda? I keep going back to the FBI poster releasing the photo of how Linda might look in English clothing. Why would they do that? Do they think she may have been transported alive out of the area, possibly wearing different clothing? It appears that this FBI poster is still out there in circulation? Maybe I am overthinking this [I probably am].
I have thought about this too and I think he did as you described with her body and on going over the car found those items down between the door and the seat or some similar spot and buried them because that was the first thought that came to his mind when he realized he was really short of time to finish this up. MOO MOO MOO

I agree that disposing of such small items could be done a lot more efficiently and less riskily by just tossing them in some trash can somewhere.

With regard to the poster pic of Linda in English clothes, it came out before the kidnapping idea was discovered to be accurate. So to cover most of the possibilities—leaving the church, being transported in or out of the area by kidnappers or traffickers—the FBI attempted to show what she’d look like wearing regular styles.

I didn't click on the links JDough because I don't think I can handle that right now but thanks for the warning, I appreciate that you did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste