Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *kidnapping arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Authorities search for missing Amish teen Linda Stoltzfoos on 4 month anniversary of her disappearance

Amish teen Linda Stoltzfoos still missing, 4 months since police say she was abducted

Smoker is being held without bail at Lancaster County Prison. He has never publicly commented on the case. His attorney declined comment Tuesday.

Smoker’s status conference, scheduled for Nov. 5 in Lancaster County Court, will be an opportunity for the defense and prosecution to update a judge on where the case stands and get an outline of the schedule going forward.

Though a state rule requires the prosecution bring a defendant to trial in 180 days from the date of arrest if they are incarcerated, that rule has been suspended because of the pandemic.

Police are still looking for any witnesses who may have seen Stoltzfoos or Smoker on or after the day of the abduction, June 21. Anonymous tips can be submitted via CrimeWatch.

I am hoping we get a hard frost after the end of October to kill off all the green vegetation. I want to go take a look around Welsh Mountain myself. LE is fixated on that area.
If you go and could use inexperienced help let me know. I follow instructions well, I grew up on many acres of wooded land, and I am only an hour or so from Welsh Mountain.

It’s so incredibly sad that they haven’t found her yet

It's both sad, and infuriating.

I think states should pass enhanced sentencing laws that allow judges to impose additional sentences upon convicted murderers who refuse to disclose the location of their victims.

They might not be able to add additional years beyond LWOP, but they should be able to impose additional restrictions on their time behind bars, i.e., 0 visitation allowed, 0 commissary or other privileges, 0 yard time, solitary confinement, etc.

Additionally, I'd love to see states that have the DP give judges the flexibility to stipulate that unless a convicted killer discloses the location of a body at his/her sentencing hearing, the DP will be imposed.

JMO.

Not sure IF this is a "go" today as the court site doesn't have him on 11/5 as the article above says.

Thursday, November 5th:
*Status Conference Hearing (@ 9am ET) - PA – Linda Stoltzfoos (18) (last seen June 21, 2020, Bird-In-Hand, Lancaster County) – *Justo Roberto Smoker (34) arrested (7/10/20 at work at Dutchland, Inc.), charged (7/11/20) & arraigned (8/24/20) with felony 1st degree kidnapping to inflict injury/terror & misdemeanor false imprisonment. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Case & court info from 7/11/20 thru 8/5/20 reference post #815 here:
PA - PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *kidnapping arrest* #3

8/24/20 Update: Smoker will waive his arraignment Friday 8/28/20 & has pleaded not guilty to kidnapping & false imprisonment. Denied bond. Next status conference hearing on 9/24/20.
9/24/20 Update: The conference was postponed because the prosecution is still gathering evidence that it is required to provide to Smoker’s attorneys. Next status hearing on 11/5/20.

Court conference rescheduled for man charged with Linda Stoltzfoos' kidnapping

Nov. 5, 2020

A court conference that had been scheduled for Thursday for Justo Smoker, the man charged with kidnapping missing Amish woman Linda Stoltzfoos, has been rescheduled for a second time.

Status conferences are opportunities for defense and prosecution attorneys to update a judge on where the case stands and get an outline of the schedule going forward.
[.....]
Attorneys agreed to rescheduling to Nov. 23 because of the amount of materials involved, Lancaster County Judge David Ashworth said.

Court conference rescheduled for man charged with Linda Stoltzfoos' kidnapping

Nov. 5, 2020

A court conference that had been scheduled for Thursday for Justo Smoker, the man charged with kidnapping missing Amish woman Linda Stoltzfoos, has been rescheduled for a second time.

Status conferences are opportunities for defense and prosecution attorneys to update a judge on where the case stands and get an outline of the schedule going forward.
[.....]
Attorneys agreed to rescheduling to Nov. 23 because of the amount of materials involved, Lancaster County Judge David Ashworth said.

RBBM

Wow. I wonder what they have on JS?

Should be interesting.

JMVHO.

Well - he is still not showing up on the court site for a hearing - but just in case - I'll go ahead & post this.

Monday, November 23rd:
*Status Conference Hearing (@ 9am ET) - PA – Linda Stoltzfoos (18) (last seen June 21, 2020, Bird-In-Hand, Lancaster County) – *Justo Roberto Smoker (34) arrested (7/10/20 at work at Dutchland, Inc.), charged (7/11/20) & arraigned (8/24/20) with felony 1st degree kidnapping to inflict injury/terror & misdemeanor false imprisonment. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Case & court info from 7/11/20 thru 8/5/20 reference post #815 here:
PA - PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *kidnapping arrest* #3

8/24/20 Update: Smoker will waive his arraignment Friday 8/28/20 & has pleaded not guilty to kidnapping & false imprisonment. Denied bond. Next status conference hearing on 9/24/20.
9/24/20 Update: The conference was postponed because the prosecution is still gathering evidence that it is required to provide to Smoker’s attorneys. Next status hearing on 11/5/20.

11/5/20 Update: Hearing was rescheduled because the prosecution was still gathering materials that it's required to provide to Smoker’s attorneys. Next status hearing on 11/23/20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KariGirl