PA - Lindy Sue Biechler, 19, fatally stabbed, Lancaster County, 5 Dec 1975 *arrest in 2022*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bumping case up. I wonder if this case might be connected with the disappearance of several young PA girls in the summer of 1975.

I say no. This killer sounds like someone who knew lindy and was obsessed just with her

BUMP... Wish we could get some updates with Lindy's case

I second that. I wonder how thoroughly her coworkers were checked out.

BUMPING again.

I think I have found the 'Janice Crum' mentioned in the Biechler case letter, I am wondering if the killer/letter writer is an ex-bf of Janice,or somebody with an axe to grind,thus using her name in that letter.

Also, an update, the letter in the case was lost by LE supposedly, but I found clear, closeup segments of the letter from a news story,seen in the attachments here

Attachments

• LindyBletter.jpg
    LindyBletter.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 34
  • LindyBletter2.jpg
    LindyBletter2.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 31
Is there any site with details on this case?

Is there any site with details on this case?

Mainly this site. Her Brother Michael used to have a site, but it's closed now.

Here's a blog article I wrote about it:
http://www.truecrimediary.com/index.cfm?page=cases&id=206

Old archived news articles:
http://lancasteronline.com/news/uns...cle_cce748b5-1ad6-5d5e-a022-2185dca8d3f6.html

A thread about the case at my site:
http://zodiackillersite.com/viewtopic.php?f=99&t=111&sid=117ee68edde92e13b9cbe56b164ac79e

Google her name, you will lots of odds & ends about her case.

Where did you see that name?

Post number 126 of this thread mentions her name as a murder victim. The poster was suggesting a link between her murder and that of Lindy Biechler.

Here are some cases of women and girls still missing from Pennsylvania around the same time as Lindy's murder:

Katherine Ann Jones, Missing 9/27/74 from Clearfield County, PA

Wendy Eaton, Missing 5/17/1975 from: Media, Delaware County, PA

Edna Thorne, Missing 6/24/1975 from: Philadelphia, PA

Tracy King Missing 7/8/1975 from: Littlestown, Adams County, PA

Cheryl Ann Moser Iacovone, Missing 7/12/1977 from: Secane, Delaware County, PA

Could any of these cases be related?

Post number 126 of this thread mentions her name as a murder victim. The poster was suggesting a link between her murder and that of Lindy Biechler.

Oh yeah, I remember. She was a woman murdered in PA. I forget her 1st name, but I recall her Husband(think his name was Mark)was a suspect but later cleared. I will see if i can dig up her name

Here are some cases of women and girls still missing from Pennsylvania around the same time as Lindy's murder:

Katherine Ann Jones, Missing 9/27/74 from Clearfield County, PA

Wendy Eaton, Missing 5/17/1975 from: Media, Delaware County, PA

Edna Thorne, Missing 6/24/1975 from: Philadelphia, PA

Tracy King Missing 7/8/1975 from: Littlestown, Adams County, PA

Cheryl Ann Moser Iacovone, Missing 7/12/1977 from: Secane, Delaware County, PA

Could any of these cases be related?

Hard to see how some of these may be related, but you never know.

In Lindy's case, there is no clear evidence of forced entry. She likely knew her killer, possibly letting him in. Or, he entered the house while she was getting groceries from her car. Lindy's apartment was up stairs on the top level, it was not on the ground floor. She may have opened her door,and went down to get more groceries or bags.I am going out to Lancaster at some point to meet with her Family, and will try to get some photos of the apartment,at least, the outside of it.

I also considered the possibilty of a apartment maintenance man or somebody that may have a key ambushing Lindy when she walked in.

RELENTLESS posted this, post 120 of the thread:

"Sometime in the late '70s... I think '77 or '78, another young woman was brutally murdered in her home in Millersville, PA - close to where Lindy Biechler was killed. The woman's name was Elizabeth Clark (maiden name Suttie). Her husband, Mark Clark, was tried and acquitted.
There is very little information about this case on the internet that I have been able to find. It may be colder than most cold cases because there was a trial and many have probably made the assumption that Mr. Clark was guilty despite the lack of a conviction. However, some people who were close to the case feel certain that the real killer was never charged.
This is a cold case that deserves investigation on its own merits. I'm posting it here due to speculation that there may be a connection between Lindy Biechler and Elizabeth Clark.
I'd be very interested in communicating further with anyone who either has information about the Elizabeth Clark case or has the resources and will to look at possible connections between these two cases.
Thanks."

Also,found this online-

"Long story short ... I graduated OLney High SChool (NE Philly) in 1967, so there is an attempt to gather the alu7mni for a potential 40 reunion next summer, so even though I live in south Florida, I've heard from former classmates in the last few weeks which spawned enjoyable conversations, which included "What ever happened to ...". When I asked about the beautiful blonde we all admired (Elizabeth "Beth" Suttie) the response was ... "I think she was brutally murdered, stabbed in some ritual-type slaying in Bensalem, and the perpetrator was also one of our '67 classmates". I'm shocked. But, that's where the flow of data stops. Nobody knows any more. No dates, no reasons, no details, no info on conviction or prison term, etc. Does anybody know where I might fill in those gaps in detail? Is there a Bensalem newspaper which might have archives dating back to the 70's from which I could become informed? Thanks, Ed ... premansite@aol.com (Hobe Sound, Florida)"

"
In reply to Ed Preman's original query, Elizabeth Suttie Clark, married to Mark Clark, was found beaten in her home on Manor Ave, Millersville, Pa on April 7, 1978. She died two days later in the hospital of severe brain damage. Her husband was charged with her murder but not convicted. She graduated from Millersville State College in 1971 and opened a nursery school in her home after several years of work in the Lancaster School district. She was only 28 years old and had a lot more to accomplish with her life! She was a beautiful soul and I miss her deeply!"

The beating of Elizabeth Suttie-Clark,doesn't seem to match Lindy's case

2 Questions before I say anything further

1) Were the scissors found, the "other knife" that was listed, IE was she stabbed with the knife from her kitchen, and the scissors from inside the house

2) IS that letter complete are or are certain parts withheld for exclusionary purposes ?

2 Questions before I say anything further

1) Were the scissors found, the "other knife" that was listed, IE was she stabbed with the knife from her kitchen, and the scissors from inside the house

2) IS that letter complete are or are certain parts withheld for exclusionary purposes ?

As far as scissors, I don't think she was stabbed with them at all. My understanding is that two knives were used to kill Lindy, one that belonged to her kitchen,and that was found in her neck, and one that was not found at the scene.

As per the letter, I was told as far back as 5 years ago, that the original letter was lost by police lab,etc. I had only seen a very small portion of the letter that was included in a newspaper article back in 2000 I think, it was very small,too small to read.

It wasnt until May,2012, when Fox 43 in York PA, ran that segment on Lindy, that the piece of the letter was shown in the news segment. It's only a piece, a small piece of the letter. It's the best portion that I have seen. Police have never released a full size,easy to read, copy of the letter. That's a big mistake in my opinion, as somebody may have recognized the writing and come forward.

As far as scissors, I don't think she was stabbed with them at all. My understanding is that two knives were used to kill Lindy, one that belonged to her kitchen,and that was found in her neck, and one that was not found at the scene.

As per the letter, I was told as far back as 5 years ago, that the original letter was lost by police lab,etc. I had only seen a very small portion of the letter that was included in a newspaper article back in 2000 I think, it was very small,too small to read.

It wasnt until May,2012, when Fox 43 in York PA, ran that segment on Lindy, that the piece of the letter was shown in the news segment. It's only a piece, a small piece of the letter. It's the best portion that I have seen. Police have never released a full size,easy to read, copy of the letter. That's a big mistake in my opinion, as somebody may have recognized the writing and come forward.

That's done sometimes, an a means of excluding those who will claim to be the killer, especially if they feel the letter contains something only the killer would know.

I'm not sure why they wouldn't show some of the handwriting, Im not sure however how often handwriting is a reliable tool in generating a suspect either. I know its used a lot once there's a suspect to compare

Ok So lets look at the case :

First I in NO way think this crime has anything to do with the Zodiac crimes, the Signature aspect of the Zodiac crimes, doesn't match with what personation is left at this scene.

Ive seen MANY MANY crimes, are listed as potential Zodiac crimes, but so many of them have NO similarities. In many ways it seemed that it was an easy "out" to label crimes, that of the Zodiac, even perhaps by law enforcement

Ill go one further, and say unless there's something on that the letter that police are holding to exclude potential claimants, I have a pretty strong feeling the letter is a hoax , I don't believe it was 2 people either.

Now That doesn't mean the offender didn't write the letter, and or desecrate the grave, , there's always a possibility , but it seems somewhat unlikely in this case .

Evident by the fact the Police didn't respond or send the letter to the media , yet none of the actions taken by the writer ever materialized.

MO is a crime scene dynamic it changes, and evolves over time, sometimes it devolves depending on circumstance.

What also happens is that it is also sometimes copied, from popular incidents in the media , which I felt was the case here when writing the letter. Some will take it to the extreme that will actually commit crimes, in the vein of another which we call "copycat crimes"(NY Zodiac for instance)

Ill refrain from going in depth on the Zodiac crimes, but its my belief that there's no evidence to support beyond coincidence, any relation between this case and the Zodiac case .

When investigating a homicide, the BIGGEST mistake you can do is try to link them without 1st investigating each victim thoroughly.

I see that in a lot of posts, people shoot right for the Serial Killer theory, and many attempt to link cases, you have to first understand what happened to the victim, then see if there any sign of personation at the scene coincides with any other cases, which then becomes known as "signature" .

And a note on Serial Killings, they re disgusting, intriguing , and fascinate a lot of people, and they are also very rare, they comprise roughly 1% of the homicides reported.

The Victim:
A victimology analysis is tough without the proper materials and interviews. but a lot of questions need to be asked before an investigator can proceed

though some of these questions seem pointless, (maybe even distasteful to some) they all help generate a victim profile :
-Last known location, and last contacts
-Physical traits
-Education
-Has she ever been in trouble with the law ?
-Anyone in her family immediate or otherwise ever been in trouble with the law
-Any medical history (psychological or physical)
-How was her relationship with her husband ?
-Did they have any problems?
-Did she have ay problems?
-Was she on any meds?
-For What ?
-How was her (their) financial situation?
-Any problems at work?
-Did anything recently happen or change in her life ?
-Was there anything in her lifestyle that would make her a target ?
-Was she or is there any indication she was involved, with anyone either professionally, or romantically?
-Did she keep a diary, or any writings?
-Any drug or alcohol use , if so has it increased, recently?
-Was she afraid of anything or anyone? (stalking?)
-List of friends especially anyone who visited recently
-any unusual occurrences prior to the crime ?
-Past employment history
-Would anyone be willing to help with the investigation? Names ?

Its also important to talk to any of the victims children if they are able to communicate thoroughly (due to age or distress)

Next we assess the why:
•Why was this particular person targeted?
•How were the person targeted, or was the person a victim of opportunity?
•What are the chances of the person becoming a victim at random (and therefore opportunistic)?
•What risk did the offender take to commit the crime?
•How was the victim approached, restrained and/or attacked?
•What was the victim's likely reaction to the attack?

This helps assess risk, both to her, and the amount the offender took in choosing her as a victim.

I cant say whether or not , she was high risk or low risk, but by all appearances, she lived a low risk lifestyle. Which would make her high risk for the offender.

What was the motive?
a robbery seems possible but nothing was taken, a burglary(or even a fetish burglary) seems unlikely unless she walked in on one, but there were no signs of forced entry, and again nothing of value (or intimate items) was taken .

They state they feel it was possibly a sexual attack though she wasn't sexually assaulted, however they don't state why, which would be EXREMELY valuable in assessing this crime.

This leads me to believe that there was at least some evidence of an attempted rape.

So lets look at it from the sexual assault perspective.
Why wasn't she raped? they believe he had a weapon of his own yet she was apparently killed by a knife from her own kitchen.

yet there was NO overt appearance of an attempted rape , at least not listed.

Why didn't he rape her ?
-Was he interrupted?
-Sexual dysfunction?
-Was he horrified by the murder?
-Why was she stabbed so many times ?
-Was this someone who was exhibiting rage to her ?
-Or perhaps he wasn't he able to because she was beating the **** out of him fighting back.

therefore if we look at it as a rape attempt, gone awry we need to try to classify the rapist.

Ina case in Philadelphia in 2002, a student named Shannon Scheiber was killed in a rape attempt gone wrong , by a Serial rapist named Troy Graves (AKA the Center City Rapist) . Graves was classified as a "Power reassurance rapist".. which happens to be the most common type as well. The power reassurance rapist In the attack on Scheiber, it was determined she fought "like a wild animal" in which the rapist escalated his level of violence to force victim compliance, which lead to the death of Scheiber .

The power reassurance rapist is usually a sexual dysfunctional , who is a stranger to the victim, usually conducts surveillance on his victims, either immediately prior to or shortly before the crime (she stated she saw someone watching her)

His method of approach is surprise (Possibly while she was taking in the groceries he may've even offered to help her with them)

The victim is usually alone or with young children at the time of the attack (she was alone)

He most likely uses a weapon of opportunity, but may bring his own to initiate victim compliance. (her knife was used as well as his possibly)

Now the part I struggle with is that this type is also the lest likely to harm their victim, is usually "gentle" if you will with the victim, and wont usually use force, what is necessary to force victim compliance, but as evidenced in the Philadelphia case, it can and does happen

The disarray in the house seems to indicate some kind of struggle, he may've been armed with a knife of his own, but lost it in the struggle and was forced to arm himself with the knife from the kitchen

That being said stabbing someone 11 times, in the neck seems more indicative of a interpersonal crime (IE someone who knew the victim)

Another possibility is that it was someone who knew the victim who she was comfortable letting in the house. This individual was most likely not a visitor by happenstance, he knew she was alone, and he was possibly armed with his own knife as well

Its possible this was a argument that exploded, once they were in the house together , in which I would tend to believe that ANY sort of sexual assault was actually staged, to throw off the investigation. Stabbing repeatedly is usually some type of a manifestation of rage and anger .

These weren't wounds to injure and force compliance, these were to kill the victim, deep penetrating stab wounds to a high lethal area.. He wanted her dead

Now depending on the nature and extent of that rage, this offender may or may not feel the need to desiccate her grave later on.

However if it were a case of hatred to that extent, I would think someone around the victim, would most likely have some prior knowledge of at least some discord between the victim and someone else.

Stalker:
Another possibility, however, stalking generally begins with victim/offender interaction, these usually a defined, period of interaction between the 2 sometimes, romantically, sometimes, simply perceived as such by the offender.

Though it can begin with little more than a "Hello" in some cases .

If it was the case of her being stalked Id expect to see phone calls, of any kind, possibly letters, things left on her car, unexpected "coincidental" run ins. She would seem him places, see a car that resembles his often enough to worry her , she would've confided in others most likely.

However beyond the incident where she saw someone looking through her blinds, there seems to be no indicators , and nothing listed of her being "stalked" in the traditional sense.

She was however targeted.

RichKelly, that was a well thought out and thought provoking post you made, and I agree with much of what you wrote.

First off, as far as Zodiac goes, the only reason I personally ever stumbled across Lindy's case in the first place, is because of the letter in her case. I operate a website dedicated to the investigation of the Zodiac case. In 1974, Zodiac wrote his last confirmed letter to the papers in CA,and then vanished. Possibilities included, that he died, went to prison, or moved. I don't think he would simply stop his antics, and I felt that if he moved, whereever he went to, he may be involved in crimes with similar M.O., or in letter writing about murders,to get attention(even if he wasnt responsible for the killing, he had possibly done this same thing in CA).
I searched across the country for murder cases in which anonymous letters were received, possibly written by somebody that may be the killer, or wanted people to think they were the killer,and I was going to be especially interested if I found any letters in which the writer wanted to see the letter published. I did not find many cases at all like that, and such letter writing is very uncommon. I found some cases and letters in the Houston TX area that have intrigued me, and also, Lindy's case letter. That's not many.

It was the contents of the Biechler letter that got me interested from a zodiac angle. Filled with spelling errors(including some of the same exact errors zodiac made), asking for the letter to be published in the Friday paper(Zodiac's 1st ever letter demanded it be published in the Friday paper),the writer mentions that they are "5ft10, 205 lbs,fat and beautiful". 5Ft10, 200 + lbs, matches the general description of Zodiac. Many of the same phrases, and and terms used in the Biechler letter, were similar to te ones used by Zodiac.

For all of these reasons above, simply dismissing the letter as a possible Zodiac letter, would be irresponsible. Seeing a full, clear, and easy to read copy of this letter, may be enough of a sample to prove to me one way or another, if the letter was written by Zodiac or not, again, the letter could have been written by Zodiac even if he did not kill Lindy. Zodiac also had a habit of celebrating anniversaries of his confirmed & possible crimes, by mailing letters. 1 month, 6 months, 1 year, etc,after some of his confirmed and suspected crimes, letters were mailed marking the anniversaries. In Lindy's case, on the one year anniversary of her murder, the letter came in, and her head stone was vandalyzed.

I think, based on the letter contents, that the letter was likely written by a zodiac copycat,or by Zodiac himself. I wonder if a copycat in 1976, would have access to enough zodiac material to make a copycat letter? Afterall, Zodiac was not nearly as well known on the east coast, and without the internet being invented yet, it would be hard to get enough access to zodiac materials to create a copycat letter, and have it match so closely with the Zodiac letters,using the very same phrases, spelling errors, wanting it to be published on Friday, etc.

Whether or not Zodiac wrote the letter, is almost secondary to the crime itself, because again, the letter writer may NOT be Lindy's killer, and then it's a useless and mean dead end(unless Zodiac DID write it, and you are interested in tracking him down). No matter who wrote the letter, the police made a big mistake not releasing it to the public when they received it.

Releasing the letter would have done several things. First off, somebody may have immediately came forward saying that they recognized the writing, and that could have lead to a suspect quickly. Second of all, publishing the letter could have opened up a line of communication with the writer, and that may have lead to more clues that might lead to a suspect such as palm prints, finger prints, DNA, etc. In the Zodiac case, they have DNA, palm, and finger prints from his letters, that they think can one day ID him, so just imagine of the police in CA never opened up that line of communication with Zodiac, they wouldn't have all of the evidence & writing samples they have of his.

Getting away from Zodiac, and whether or not he wrote the letter or killed Lindy, and focusing on Lindy, let's look at the circumstances relating to her case-

The knife is usually a weapon used by somebody in a crime of passion. The multiple stabs over and over(19 of them),show a rage, not a cool, calculated murder that was planned out. I think that this is why police think Lindy knew her killer and vice versa. There was no forced entry, no robbery. She either let her killer in, or they snuck in without her knowledge. Don't forget also that in December after 5pm in PA, it's dark,so that would help eliminate some possible eye witnesses, and may have allowed Lindy's killer to sneak up behind her,etc.

The fact Lindy's killer brought a knife with them DOES show some planning, which is not typical of a crime of passion that happens in a split second. When they left the crime scene, they took that knife along with them. The knife that remained embedded in Lindy's neck was her own kitchen knife. Who knows, maybe she pulled it on her attacker in self defense, and he got it away from her.

She was not sexually assaulted, but the crime had some sort of sexual overtone to it. I don't know for sure what that means, but I have a couple ideas, and at this time I will keep them to myself for reasons I can not discuss.

There ARE a few Suspects in the case, some of which are suspected by her Family. I won't name them publicly, but it's possible, at least one, maybe more of them were gay,and to me, that would rule out any kind of sexual nature if they were responsible.

I do have access to some suspects, files, and information not published or found on the net, and a couple tidbits I can share. Lindy's legs were in an odd position when she was found. The report reads poorly, so without a sketch, or crime scene photo, I can only imagine what they were trying to relay about her legs. Also, there was an order for a vaginal swab to be taken, and sent to the lab. I don't see anyplace where results came back. The FBI has files on Lindy's case which they are choosing to not release. I don't know what they contain or why they will not release them.

I have talked extensively with Lindy's Family, and they just want justice. I plan to meet with them and do some work together on Lindy's case. Lindy had her entire life ahead of her, and she didn't deserve such a terrible end to her young life. I want to see her case solved.

RichKelly, that was a well thought out and thought provoking post you made, and I agree with much of what you wrote.

First off, as far as Zodiac goes, the only reason I personally ever stumbled across Lindy's case in the first place, is because of the letter in her case. I operate a website dedicated to the investigation of the Zodiac case. In 1974, Zodiac wrote his last confirmed letter to the papers in CA,and then vanished. Possibilities included, that he died, went to prison, or moved. I don't think he would simply stop his antics, and I felt that if he moved, whereever he went to, he may be involved in crimes with similar M.O., or in letter writing about murders,to get attention(even if he wasnt responsible for the killing, he had possibly done this same thing in CA).
I searched across the country for murder cases in which anonymous letters were received, possibly written by somebody that may be the killer, or wanted people to think they were the killer,and I was going to be especially interested if I found any letters in which the writer wanted to see the letter published. I did not find many cases at all like that, and such letter writing is very uncommon. I found some cases and letters in the Houston TX area that have intrigued me, and also, Lindy's case letter. That's not many.

It was the contents of the Biechler letter that got me interested from a zodiac angle. Filled with spelling errors(including some of the same exact errors zodiac made), asking for the letter to be published in the Friday paper(Zodiac's 1st ever letter demanded it be published in the Friday paper),the writer mentions that they are "5ft10, 205 lbs,fat and beautiful". 5Ft10, 200 + lbs, matches the general description of Zodiac. Many of the same phrases, and and terms used in the Biechler letter, were similar to te ones used by Zodiac.

For all of these reasons above, simply dismissing the letter as a possible Zodiac letter, would be irresponsible. Seeing a full, clear, and easy to read copy of this letter, may be enough of a sample to prove to me one way or another, if the letter was written by Zodiac or not, again, the letter could have been written by Zodiac even if he did not kill Lindy. Zodiac also had a habit of celebrating anniversaries of his confirmed & possible crimes, by mailing letters. 1 month, 6 months, 1 year, etc,after some of his confirmed and suspected crimes, letters were mailed marking the anniversaries. In Lindy's case, on the one year anniversary of her murder, the letter came in, and her head stone was vandalyzed.

I think, based on the letter contents, that the letter was likely written by a zodiac copycat,or by Zodiac himself. I wonder if a copycat in 1976, would have access to enough zodiac material to make a copycat letter? Afterall, Zodiac was not nearly as well known on the east coast, and without the internet being invented yet, it would be hard to get enough access to zodiac materials to create a copycat letter, and have it match so closely with the Zodiac letters,using the very same phrases, spelling errors, wanting it to be published on Friday, etc.

Whether or not Zodiac wrote the letter, is almost secondary to the crime itself, because again, the letter writer may NOT be Lindy's killer, and then it's a useless and mean dead end(unless Zodiac DID write it, and you are interested in tracking him down). No matter who wrote the letter, the police made a big mistake not releasing it to the public when they received it.

Releasing the letter would have done several things. First off, somebody may have immediately came forward saying that they recognized the writing, and that could have lead to a suspect quickly. Second of all, publishing the letter could have opened up a line of communication with the writer, and that may have lead to more clues that might lead to a suspect such as palm prints, finger prints, DNA, etc. In the Zodiac case, they have DNA, palm, and finger prints from his letters, that they think can one day ID him, so just imagine of the police in CA never opened up that line of communication with Zodiac, they wouldn't have all of the evidence & writing samples they have of his.

Getting away from Zodiac, and whether or not he wrote the letter or killed Lindy, and focusing on Lindy, let's look at the circumstances relating to her case-

The knife is usually a weapon used by somebody in a crime of passion. The multiple stabs over and over(19 of them),show a rage, not a cool, calculated murder that was planned out. I think that this is why police think Lindy knew her killer and vice versa. There was no forced entry, no robbery. She either let her killer in, or they snuck in without her knowledge. Don't forget also that in December after 5pm in PA, it's dark,so that would help eliminate some possible eye witnesses, and may have allowed Lindy's killer to sneak up behind her,etc.

The fact Lindy's killer brought a knife with them DOES show some planning, which is not typical of a crime of passion that happens in a split second. When they left the crime scene, they took that knife along with them. The knife that remained embedded in Lindy's neck was her own kitchen knife. Who knows, maybe she pulled it on her attacker in self defense, and he got it away from her.

She was not sexually assaulted, but the crime had some sort of sexual overtone to it. I don't know for sure what that means, but I have a couple ideas, and at this time I will keep them to myself for reasons I can not discuss.

There ARE a few Suspects in the case, some of which are suspected by her Family. I won't name them publicly, but it's possible, at least one, maybe more of them were gay,and to me, that would rule out any kind of sexual nature if they were responsible.

I do have access to some suspects, files, and information not published or found on the net, and a couple tidbits I can share. Lindy's legs were in an odd position when she was found. The report reads poorly, so without a sketch, or crime scene photo, I can only imagine what they were trying to relay about her legs. Also, there was an order for a vaginal swab to be taken, and sent to the lab. I don't see anyplace where results came back. The FBI has files on Lindy's case which they are choosing to not release. I don't know what they contain or why they will not release them.

I have talked extensively with Lindy's Family, and they just want justice. I plan to meet with them and do some work together on Lindy's case. Lindy had her entire life ahead of her, and she didn't deserve such a terrible end to her young life. I want to see her case solved.

Hey I'm right there with you, I hope they nail him to a wall...most of us get into this business, (law enforcement) because we want to help.

Its often the information that's not released that would be most crucial to helping generate a general profile of an offender.

In any case something minute, could swing an investigation 180.

The problem with linking a case, is that youll tend to start to "fill in the blanks" with what you feel is tied in to the known offender.

For example I have my opinion on the Whitechapel case ("jack the ripper" ), don't we all ? ...now I cant say for a fact that ANY suspect is definitely the offender, but I can say with a fair amount of certainty that the offender is similar to whom I feel was the killer .

If that makes sense

Zodiac was a rare bird in many aspects, he displayed some traits, of both a serial killer and a spree killer .

However in many aspects he was most likely not all that different from killers we already know .

The theme throughout the Zodiac killings was Power, and someone new found ability to wield it to cause fear.

He certainly enjoyed his time in the spotlight, almost to the point that many felt he actually wanted to be caught.

To the extent he went with contacting the media , police, taunting etc...displays a type of found narcissism, within these activities in which nothing to this point in this individuals life was as gratifying as being this "Entity" he created.

These types often have a history of failed relationships, sometimes because of sexual dysfunction, sometimes, because of sexuality itself, sometimes people just cant stand them, because of how they are

Once they find it , these are people who relish in the POWER of being feared, they love hearing about their crimes, in hushed tones, amongst people, they love seeing it on the front page.

Because for once in this insignificant $hit's life, they are "something" to be talked about .

Most likely it would've become almost an alter ego for him, (like a sociopathic batman) he loved the mystery, the fear, everyone on edge. The fact the Zodiac killer could walk right down a crowded street, and NOONE would even know he was there .

If you think about it , how many Serial killers do you know that actually went through the process, f creating a friggin costume???...(though it did look pretty stupid with the square head and all) but this guy wore that thing in his crimes.

That persona was the most valuable thing he ever owned

In his mind he was superior to the police, he could kill when he wanted, to , and get away with it . So much so he could write them and brag about it .

He was most likely Arrogant and annoying to those around him (we all know the type) which earned him few if any friends , may've cost him relationships as well, however he wasn't the risk taker type.

Because of the gratification he received, he may keep "trophies" of his crimes, that may be kept in a place he feels is "sacred" or at least safe.

In his initial crimes, he would most likely sought out an area he was familiar with and felt comfortable operating in, (not a risk taker) , as with any series, its invaluable to re-examine their earliest confirmed crimes.

I still believe the only thing that stopped him was Physical disability (Injury/disease or death) , he 'been shipped overseas (I know about the British suspicion) or that he was incarcerated and may still be , because I think it was WAAAAY too much for him to give up , he put way too much into it to walk away.

I think if he had the chance, he would at least try contacting the media again to stir up fear, even if he wasn't able to physically commit the crimes,

He had WAAAY too much invested, to let that go.

Look at Dennis Rader, even many years later, he couldn't completely give up being BTK

I see what you are going for in the linkage analysis to the Zodiac, the MO is somewhat comparable, in terms of the writing, the date requested, definitely suspect, the misspelling etc...but I feel the signature aspect of the Zodiac crimes are too different .

Now that certainly doesn't mean I'm right, I don't have the full report in front of me , so I have to base my analysis simply upon description.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WavyTJackson
Back