PA PA- marsh north of Hanover Township, skeletal remains, Female, black, 35-45, 12 May 2004, *DNA profile & sketch*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
May 12, 2023
JCACFSZ5KNEKNEI47KBQ3PY6CE.png

(PA Crime Stoppers)

''State police in Pittsburgh are looking for information on a cold case out of Washington County.
State police responded to a marsh north of Hanover Township on May 12, 2004, for the discovery of skeletal human remains. It was determined that the remains were of a black female 35 to 45 years old who was killed sometime after 2001 and who had been dead for about one year.
An artist’s sketch was created and a DNA profile was developed.

Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 412-787-2000 or Pennsylvania Crime Stoppers at 1-800-4PA-TIPS or online. All callers remain anonymous and could be eligible for a cash reward.''

I could've sworn she had a thread here but I searched thru every PA UID and couldn't find her. Here are her NamUs, Doe Network and Crime Stoppers links:

edited to add Crime Stoppers link

Last edited:
I could've sworn she had a thread here but I searched thru every PA UID and couldn't find her. Here are her NamUs, Doe Network and Crime Stoppers links:

edited to add Crime Stoppers link
Thank you for the links!

366UFPA - Unidentified Female​

366UFPA.jpg
366UFPA1.jpg

Reconstructions of Victim

Date of Discovery: May 12, 2004
Location of Discovery: Paris, Washington County, Pennsylvania
Estimated Date of Death: Between spring of 2001 to spring of 2003
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton
Cause of Death: Homicide

Physical Description​

Estimated Age: 23-35 years old
Race: Black
Sex: Female
Height: 5'8" to 5'10"
Weight: Unknown, medium build
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers​

Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Unavailable
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Levi's 912 jeans, size 9, medium length, slim; Ralph Lauren thong underwear; Klueless black halter top
Jewelry: 3-mm gold herringbone necklace
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery​

The decedent was located in a marsh on Whippoorwill Road and Route 22, which is the main east/west roadway in Hanover Township, Washington County. The location is in the northern section of Washington County and immediately south of Beaver County, near to the West Virginia state line.

The black Klueless halter top was not distributed in the United States before spring of 2001

From the Observer-Reporter 7/3/2010
(subscription required - I printed it out the day it was published.)

The other body in the article was identified as Steven Coleman.

Only attaching the 1st page. The 2nd page says re: releasing cause of her death:
"it is something only investigators and the killer know", the Corporal said. "At first, we didn't even know the cause".

Attachments

• 366ufpa NamUs 16601 Obs-Rep.jpg
    366ufpa NamUs 16601 Obs-Rep.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 11
Just as an FYI, some possible matches that were sent in to PSP pre-NamUs:
(I still have the emails with old links for NCMA, MPCCN, NAMPN, PPDonline - none of which would work today)

Submitted 6/1/2004
Edna Bland

Submitted 6/9/2004
Kimberly Dixon

Michelle Eason

Submitted 8/20/2004
Aesha Muhammed

Submitted 4/13/2005
Irene Kouame

Yolanda Baker

Stefanie Mills

It was PSP who, in 2004, actually told me about Connie Wooten (I wasn't aware of her case prior to him telling me). So editing to add her to this list.

Last edited:
In Washington and Fayette counties, officials continue to seek the identities of women whose remains are still unidentified decades after their deaths.

In Washington County, Coroner Timothy Warco said his office still hopes to identify skeletal remains that were discovered May 12, 2004, in a swampy area near The Pavilion at Star Lake in Hanover Township.

“Before I go see Jesus, I would like to see her remains get to their final resting place,” Warco said.

Because the Star Lake remains are skeletal, Warco said they have been entrusted to Dennis Dirkmaat, a forensic anthropologist from Mercyhurst University in Erie.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back