PA PA - Melissa Rodriguez, 30, Collingdale, 19 April 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Juan Rodriguez reported his wife missing last Tuesday.

That same day he allegedly tried to have their two daughters transferred out of their school.

"I believe I heard that sometime during the course of that day he went out to the Chester school to reassign them to a school in New Jersey and, at that point, he was told he couldn't because there was too much paperwork to be done," Chief Robert Adams of the Collingdale Police Department.

and the hinky meter starts wiggling...

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=9083893

Neighbors say they last saw Rodriguez last Thursday, two days after he reported his wife missing.

And, they say, he told one neighbor that Melissa had been found.

"He told her he was in a rush to get out of the house. He had to come pick up his dog and boat. That was it. He left the cars and everything else there," neighbor Ashley Sockwell said.

Police have been called to the Rodriguez home in the past for domestic disturbances, but, as it stands now, they are still calling this a missing person case.

really? his dog and BOAT?!?!?! is he planning on skipping town on a boat?? i hope LE is keeping a really close eye on him!!!!

this is NOT going to have a happy ending, i can just tell. i've felt that way since the beginning :(

p.s. did LE search the boat before he took it?!?!?

It's now been 10 days since anyone has seen a missing mother of two from Delaware County, but on Monday night, police hoped they were onto a break in the case.

Authorities secured a search warrant to comb Jose Rodriguezs' Amtrak-issued company truck for potential forensic evidence. The Action Cam was on the scene as the truck was being towed away.

WOOHOOO!!

"We want to check the truck of that apparently he showed up at the house this weekend to get some things from the house including the boat. We're not sure what truck he showed up with; this is a truck assigned to him. We want to do some investigations, maybe on the GPS," Collingdale Police Chief Robert Adams said.

So glad to see progress being made! :praying: that they get a big break!

Neighbor Cathy Bauer says Melissa had confided in her that her husband recently moved out of the house after she learned he was allegedly having an affair with another woman.

"He had a woman that he just had a baby with and Melissa found this all out," Bauer said.

ughhhhh. poor Melissa :( i wonder where that other woman is now? does she live in newark and that's why jose wants to move up there so soon?!

Sounds to me like Melissa became "in the way" for her husband and his new relationship. I wonder if she threatened him with taking away their girls... that sounds like motivation to me. That, coupled with the fact that he went so quickly to try and switch the girls out of their school and then moved them up to Newark with him.. it sounds to me like he's saying "nope, i'll show you... you're not going to take the girls away from ME!"

this is such a sad case. those girls need their mother. she's been there for them through it all while dealing with abuse, infidelity, and now God-knows-what. now it appears that the investigation is going in the direction of them losing their father too.

i hope LE finds some solid evidence. i pray that they are able to find Melissa, because they're obviously not going to get any help from her estranged husband.

UGHHHHH. i hate this.

Thank you for the warm welcome!! I have to head into work shortly, so I will post what I've heard later on. As well as comment on some comments I have seen on other sites.

I'll keep praying.....but it doesn't look good. :-(

Thank you for the warm welcome!! I have to head into work shortly, so I will post what I've heard later on. As well as comment on some comments I have seen on other sites.

I am looking forward to your informative posts, Cdale!

:seeya:

wow, i've seen SS's profile before and didn't even realize she was Jose's GF. i need to process this for a bit. i really wish we had more info on Jose & Melissa's relationship. it says that they were in the process of separating... she just found out he was having an affair and had a baby with this woman... but the woman has pictures of Jose on her FB and she's been posting her name on her wall, etc. since last year (at least).

i don't think she had anything to do with Melissa's disappearance either.

but, if we had more information on J & M's relationship, we would know how close they still were... and would know what some motive could be for him to harm her. i'll admit, his actions since her disappearance have been pretty weird... but what could have happened the day she went missing? who else should LE be looking at, just in case?

JMO, MOO, IMO.

i'm really really looking forward to hearing from you about this! :) have a great day at work <3

not seeing anything new in the news today. praying for you and your girls today, melissa <3

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back