PA - Michael Mohn, 68, beheaded by son Justin Mohn, 32, killer posted online, Middletown Twp., January 30, 2024

A former college roommate of Mohn at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs, who lived with him for two years, told DailyMail.com the self-proclaimed ‘messiah’ showed signs of paranoia as early as 2016, and believed the government was out 'to get him'

‘I don't really know how I could have heard about it and not be surprised,’ he said. 'It's not hard to see how he got to the stage of where he was in that video from when I knew him.'

While Mohn often ranted against the Biden administration, his former roommate went on to say the alleged killer was always antiestablishment and had a 'deeply paranoid side' - regardless of who was in the White House.
[snip]
'Trump was in office when I was his roommate and he was saying a lot of pretty conspiratorial stuff about that administration too,' he shared. 'I don't think he was like a right winger, he was so disconnected from it all'.

The roommate added: 'It doesn't really matter what the politics of it were, he was going to be convinced that the government was out to get him no matter who was in charge.

'He would talk to me for hours about the government and all of these different forces that were out to get him and how he was. He was anti-establishment. He was going to be the revolutionary was his opinion then too.'
Pennsylvania son who beheaded his dad smirks in mugshot

In a statement, YouTube said: "YouTube has strict policies prohibiting graphic violence and violent extremism. The video was removed for violating our graphic violence policy and Justin Mohn's channel was terminated in line with our violent extremism policies. Our teams are closely tracking to remove any re-uploads of the video."

But online platforms are having difficulty keeping up. And they're not doing themselves favors, relying on algorithms and outsourced teams to moderate content rather than employees who can develop better strategies for tackling the problem.

We need a compassionate social movement toward “if someone close to you is exhibiting signs of severe mental illness, do x.” I’m not sure most people know what x is. I don’t. I put myself in the shoes of, if I were his sister, living in the same house, what would I have done? I don’t know.

I wish there was a “do X” possible. But as we know, getting help for a mentally ill adult who doesn’t want help is close to impossible unless they pose a clear threat to themselves or others. Even at that, 72 hours of a mental health hold is about all he would get. If he didn’t meet that criteria there was nothing his family could do. I’m not sure they could even have forced him to leave. They may very well have consulted with LE and attorneys about their options. The lack of help for the mentally ill in the U.S. is a disgrace. The mental institutions were closed with the idea that the former patients could get their meds and help in their community. We know how well that has worked.

JMO

MIDDLETOWN TWP., Pennsylvania (WPVI) -- A Pennsylvania man has been charged after his father was found beheaded inside their family home Tuesday night in Middletown Township, Bucks County.

The victim's son, identified as 32-year-old Justin Mohn, has been charged with first-degree murder and abuse of a corpse, among other charges, according to police.

[…]

Police said the more than 14-minute long YouTube video, titled "Mohn's Militia - Call to Arms for American Patriots," showed Justin Mohn picking up his father's decapitated head and identifying him by name. Police said it appeared Mohn was reading from a script as he railed about the government.”

Interestingly, JM was apprehended at the Fort Indiantown Gap military installation (believe it is used primarily by the National Guard)—he had a firearm on him and I bet, based on his anti-government attitudes, that he would’ve killed anyone he found working there had he not gotten caught first.

JM seems to be what I’ve heard described as a “failson”—he wasn’t successful in finding a career of his own (which he claimed was the result of a grand and widespread conspiracy in American society against white middle-class men—see second link above for details about how he sued the government for making him pay back his student loans!), yet he apparently didn’t have to worry about keeping a roof over his head or feeding himself, since he lived with his parents and was therefore insulated against the day-to-day struggles that are associated with poverty.

“Rebhan had other bizarre interactions with Mohn, including one time when Mohn gave him a copy of a book he had written.

“It’s about him, but it’s not his name” in the book, Rebhan said. “He is a high schooler who turns into a rap star who leads a revolution against the United States government.”
The book was one of seven self-published books that Mohn had on his Amazon storefront; the books were removed from the platform after news of the alleged murder broke. The writings had dystopian themes and referred to the “second American revolution.” One book, titled “The Revolution Leader’s Survival Guide,” includes the transcript of a letter to then-President Donald Trump warning of “a peaceful revolution helped by the author if positive change does not come to America and the world soon.”

Another book, titled “The Second Messiah: King of Earth,” was “loosely based” on his life, Mohn wrote. It refers to a “four-year stay in Colorado” that “caused multiple lawsuits.”

Mohn also uploaded four original albums to Spotify, where he had five monthly listeners, according to the platform. He used social media to promote his music, which included apocalyptic themes.”

More on his laughable suit against the U.S. government from the second link above:
“Mohn had previously filed at least three lawsuits against federal agencies, including the US government, over his student loan debts, online records show.

In one, he claimed that the government “negligently and fraudulently” pushed him to take out student loans between 2010 and 2014 to pay for his education at Penn State University, a court filing shows.

After graduating in 2014 with a degree in agribusiness management, Mohn was “unable to secure a job commensurate with his education or sufficient to enable him to maintain his student loan payments.”

Mohn chalked up his lack of employment to employers’ “perception of him as an overeducated, white male, which led to affirmative action against him whilst providing no benefits,” his appeal of the case claims.

As a result, Mohn was forced to move back to his parent’s home in Middletown Township, Pennsylvania.”

Last edited:
I wish there was a “do X” possible. But as we know, getting help for a mentally ill adult who doesn’t want help is close to impossible unless they pose a clear threat to themselves or others. Even at that, 72 hours of a mental health hold is about all he would get. If he didn’t meet that criteria there was nothing his family could do. I’m not sure they could even have forced him to leave. They may very well have consulted with LE and attorneys about their options. The lack of help for the mentally ill in the U.S. is a disgrace. The mental institutions were closed with the idea that the former patients could get their meds and help in their community. We know how well that has worked.

JMO
So perfectly put. I agree. The power of this case, in my view, is in how obvious it was that he was in severe mental health distress - whether it was schizophrenia or psychosis or both, I will defer to the forensic professionals - to a degree that was legitimately a 10 out of 10: his self-published books on Amazon and their content. The music on Spotify. Short of tattooing this on his forehead, I am hard-pressed to imagine a more obvious case, particularly in a house that was maybe 1500 sqft occupied by five adults. I’ll be curious to see: were there efforts made at intervention or was this total and complete denial?

So perfectly put. I agree. The power of this case, in my view, is in how obvious it was that he was in severe mental health distress - whether it was schizophrenia or psychosis or both, I will defer to the forensic professionals - to a degree that was legitimately a 10 out of 10: his self-published books on Amazon and their content. The music on Spotify. Short of tattooing this on his forehead, I am hard-pressed to imagine a more obvious case, particularly in a house that was maybe 1500 sqft occupied by five adults. I’ll be curious to see: were there efforts made at intervention or was this total and complete denial?

Same. It doesn’t look like he had some hidden life when people noticed issues years back. But on the other side, I can recall people I’ve known to say crazy stuff and I didn’t report them.

Same. It doesn’t look like he had some hidden life when people noticed issues years back. But on the other side, I can recall people I’ve known to say crazy stuff and I didn’t report them.
YES. EXACTLY. I wish we as American society had the language to talk about this in a way we could non-judgmentally and productively hear. Last year, down the street from me in a suburb of NYC with excellent social services - a clearly mentally-ill 30yo beat the pulp out of his mother, who he was living with. Miracle she lived. EMTs are still in therapy. And retrospect revealed multiple warning signs and clear calls for help. What can we do, as a society, to ask for help when someone in a family is (obviously even to laypeople) in severe mental health distress, and we don’t want them jailed, we want them treated? Are we ready as Americans to solve this yet?

The father was retired from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers:
Called at about 7 p.m. Tuesday by Mohn’s mother, Middletown Township police responded to the home in the quiet suburb on Upper Orchard Drive, where they found the body of the suspect’s father, Michael F. Mohn, 68. He was a retired civil engineer for the Army Corps of Engineers, law enforcement sources said. According to the criminal complaint, “a large amount of blood” surrounded the body. Left in the bathtub were a machete and large kitchen knife.

He apparently displayed some strange behavior in his neighborhood. Same source:

One neighbor, who asked to remain anonymous for those reasons, said that he never observed anything that led him to believe the younger Mohn would do something violent, but that there was something “off” about him. The neighbor said Mohn rarely spoke to anyone, despite having moved into the home at least two years ago.

The neighbor recalled seeing the man occasionally sitting pensively on a curb or strolling through the neighborhood.

“He’d walk around in the middle of the day, middle of the night,” said the neighbor. “Not creepy, but weird, at 11 p.m. and 2 a.m.”

[Another neighbor] said she and her husband knew Justin Mohn to sit on a raised manhole in the middle of a clearing, staring directly at their home.

He struck her as jittery, she said, often taking off when she and her husband would approach.

So you seen the video of it just asking I looked and couldn’t find it not that I wanna look I just wanted 2 c if I could find it
Yeah, it was on there yesterday as myself and 2 uni friends saw it.

Just had a look now and all video versions have been removed when I search his name. Chances are the videos were reported massively and removed.

It is on another website though as I went to check and it's the top video on the front page.

Just had a look now and all video versions have been removed when I search his name. Chances are the videos were reported massively and removed.

It is on another website though as I went to check and it's the top video on the front page.
You can look it up on Twitter and find it on telegram

I just seen it someone sent it 2 me crazy crazy crazy

A former college roommate of Mohn at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs, who lived with him for two years, told DailyMail.com the self-proclaimed ‘messiah’ showed signs of paranoia as early as 2016, and believed the government was out 'to get him'

‘I don't really know how I could have heard about it and not be surprised,’ he said. 'It's not hard to see how he got to the stage of where he was in that video from when I knew him.'

While Mohn often ranted against the Biden administration, his former roommate went on to say the alleged killer was always antiestablishment and had a 'deeply paranoid side' - regardless of who was in the White House.
[snip]
'Trump was in office when I was his roommate and he was saying a lot of pretty conspiratorial stuff about that administration too,' he shared. 'I don't think he was like a right winger, he was so disconnected from it all'.

The roommate added: 'It doesn't really matter what the politics of it were, he was going to be convinced that the government was out to get him no matter who was in charge.

'He would talk to me for hours about the government and all of these different forces that were out to get him and how he was. He was anti-establishment. He was going to be the revolutionary was his opinion then too.'

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm