Found Deceased PA - Nancy Giles, 40, Johnstown, 14 October 2018 *endangered*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

doodles1211

Reaction score
c4958980-4a52-4729-831e-53497573eb43-large16x9_nancygiles.PNG

ohnstown police are looking for a woman they said disappeared the morning of Oct. 14.

According to police, 40-year-old Nancy Giles left her home for a walk, but didn't returned.

Giles left without the daily medication she needs to take for her seizures, police said.

They said she also left her phone and glasses behind.

Giles is five feet tall, white with light brown hair and blue eyes.

Police said she is developmentally challenged.

Johnstown police are urging anyone with information to call them at 814-553-2074.

Johnstown police searching for missing woman

Nancy Giles' family, including her mother, haven't seen her since Oct. 14, but Brian Giles, Nancy's estranged husband, said Tuesday that he saw her on Oct. 30 at his house, as well as in passing in mid-November. Johnstown police said Tuesday that Giles has not been cleared as a suspect since "everyone is a suspect," at this point.

Brian Giles said he thinks it's possible Nancy is not missing, but is in town somewhere.

Her parents have said that it's extremely unusual for her not to contact them.

'I cry myself to sleep every night': Husband of missing woman speaks out

Nancy Giles' family, including her mother, haven't seen her since Oct. 14, but Brian Giles, Nancy's estranged husband, said Tuesday that he saw her on Oct. 30 at his house, as well as in passing in mid-November. Johnstown police said Tuesday that Giles has not been cleared as a suspect since "everyone is a suspect," at this point.

Brian Giles said he thinks it's possible Nancy is not missing, but is in town somewhere.

Her parents have said that it's extremely unusual for her not to contact them.

'I cry myself to sleep every night': Husband of missing woman speaks out
Strange how he is the only one to have seen her more than once. And, what does he mean "in passing"? Like they bumped into each other walking down the street?

Crying himself to sleep? Blah Blah Blah! I don't buy it.

Thanks....maybe someone who is better at mapping can find a match

I'm waiting on more specifics - race, age estimate, etc. We have several males missing from the Pittsburgh area. Also, I heard on the TV news that the dock he was found under was one that was brought in to the Fox Chapel area from the north side of Pittsburgh for repair.
Man's body found near docks on Allegheny River
So now you have to wonder, did he float down the river towards Pittsburgh or was he already stuck under it when the dock was transported?

Not related but it occurred to me that this is just about where Carolyn Roehlig (formerly DN case 202ufpa) was found back in 2003.
Identified! - PA - Allegheny Co., WhtFem 202UFPA, 20-45, in Allegheny River, Oct'03 Carolyn Roehlig

Last edited:
How very sad! I am hoping they are going to be able to find out what happened to her and if anyone else is responsible for her death... having them held accountable!
They said that she was near a homeless camp. I wonder how many people knew she was there, but didn't want LE coming in the area?

RIP Nancy!

How very sad! I am hoping they are going to be able to find out what happened to her and if anyone else is responsible for her death... having them held accountable!
They said that she was near a homeless camp. I wonder how many people knew she was there, but didn't want LE coming in the area?

RIP Nancy!

She was buried so the folks in the homeless camp likely had no idea.

Giles’ remains were found underground just off Roosevelt Boulevard, near the James Wolfe Sculpture Trail, "approximately two feet off of the trail and two feet down," Lees said. A man who was searching for metal objects in the area made the discovery at around 4:30 p.m. Sunday.
--------------------------------
No cause of death yet but it's pretty much a given who they'll be looking at as her killer first.

"The death is being considered highly suspicious at this point in time,” the coroner said, “but I'm not going to get into any further details. I don't want to hamper the investigation of law enforcement."
---------------------------------

Coroner: Remains found along trail are those of missing Johnstown woman

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste