PA PA - Nicholas Smyre, 23, no show @ work, sent psswds to friend, seen w/man, Dauphin Co, 29 Sep 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Pennsylvania has an awesome Court Lookup, you can see it all on the website :Case Search

Nicholas has two tickets from 2018 and 2019 and it's failure to yield at a Roadway... No civil cases, no criminal cases, no land lord tenant disputes, no non-traffic tickets. I don't know him personally but I know a lot of people that do, he seems like a really great guy.

Hi Everyone! I’m Nick’s Mom. A friend of mine shared this with me. I did not know this existed until now. Nick is still missing. We basically ran out of clues, but I did take his computer to INA to have them do a forensic analysis on his hard drive. They haven’t finished yet, and I am crossing fingers for a clue. I don’t know where to look! I have been down to the homeless camps under Mulberry St Bridge and the 83 Bridge below Shipoke in Harrisburg. He is not there, and no one seen him. I’ve been to the day shelters in Harrisburg and no one has seen him. His phone is off. He hasn’t touched his bank account. It seems that he did not take anything with him. He left with the clothes he had on his back. I’m at a loss and the state police have no leads. I’m super worried about him. He has never left like this. Nothing makes sense!

@smur0407 I truly hope your son is safe and contacts you soon.
I am curious if law enforcement (LE) tried to find out more about the car he left in - did they seek security camera / traffic footage from the area? Is LE in communication with you?
Do you have resources, advice from groups who help families in your position?

MOD NOTE

Welcome to new members who have joined to discuss Nick’s case.

If you are close to this case and would like to share inside info and details here on Websleuths, please apply to become a Verified Insider HERE. Websleuths is a fact-based discussion forum. We are very careful to protect missing persons and their family and friends from the “anything goes” type of discussion that happens in most other places on the internet. THAT IS NOT ALLOWED HERE, AND IS A VIOLATION OF the Terms of Service we all agreed to when we joined.

At Websleuths we require that ANYTHING posted as fact MUST be substantiated by links to that info in mainstream media (MSM) or in Law Enforcement (LE) statements. The exception to that is IF YOU ARE CLOSE TO A CASE you may post what you know to be true without link ONLY IF YOU APPLY AND ARE APPROVED as a Websleuths VERIFIED INSIDER. Otherwise, posts that include information without links OR without VI status must be removed.

We want to help and support the search for missing persons and those that are close to them. VERIFIED INSIDER status is one way we can do that.

Thank you to ALL who are here to help in that effort too!

Faithfully,
CocoChanel
Administrator/Moderator

Hey everyone,

Please welcome smur0407 to Websleuths. They have been verified as being Nick's mom, and as a VI they are not required to provide links to what they state as fact regarding their knowledge of this case.

Please be respectful to smur0407 at all times, and if there is anything you happen to disagree with, just move on past without arguing with them or badgering them for information.

Thank you to everyone for being here to discuss Nick's disappearance and hopefully find out what has happened to him.

smuro4o7, did Nick have any friends (both in person and on-line) that you are aware of that live in the Carlisle region? Has INA completed the forensic analysis of his computer? Who he was in the most contact with, email conversations, etc? What has LE's interaction been with the individual who Nick emailed his passwords to? Thanks in advance for any information you feel appropriate to share.

I just came across this thread. I'm glad to see that Nick's mom is here. Hopefully someone on WS will be able to offer some suggestions to locate Nick. Nick really reminds me of my son, who also has long hair, thin build, poor vision. Hopefully there is some good news soon!

Did he send the passwords to his friend before, the same day, or after he went missing? That wasn't made clear.

If he sent them before or the same day, that indicates he may not have had intentions to return.

If he sent them on the 2nd day after he went missing why send passwords if he was in danger? Why not just text/email saying that.

Is there something in his accounts he out there that could lead to finding out what has happened?

Also:

More needs to be done to trace this silver Honda Civic...doorbell cameras, CCTV etc.

LE need to find out who it belongs to and if the driver is also missing.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone! I’m Nick’s Mom. A friend of mine shared this with me. I did not know this existed until now. Nick is still missing. We basically ran out of clues, but I did take his computer to INA to have them do a forensic analysis on his hard drive. They haven’t finished yet, and I am crossing fingers for a clue. I don’t know where to look! I have been down to the homeless camps under Mulberry St Bridge and the 83 Bridge below Shipoke in Harrisburg. He is not there, and no one seen him. I’ve been to the day shelters in Harrisburg and no one has seen him. His phone is off. He hasn’t touched his bank account. It seems that he did not take anything with him. He left with the clothes he had on his back. I’m at a loss and the state police have no leads. I’m super worried about him. He has never left like this. Nothing makes sense!

Hello and welcome.

I am so sorry you are going through this. I will continue sharing Nick on my pages and please do let us know if there are any searches or anything. This website is full of wonderful people and some of us are local.

Looks to me like he was headed west as Carlisle is West of Berks County and on the other side of the Susquehanna River. From Carlisle North, South or west would take him in to the rural mountains and thick woods of the PA Game lands.
It would be helpful to know where in the Carlisle area the phone ping was. Carlisle is along I-81 and where I-81 and the East/West PA Turnpike intersect. He could be anywhere. However, if the vehicle did enter the Turnpike there could be a chance of identifying potential vehicles via EZPass or the Toll-By-Plate readers. That said, the Toll-by-plate readers were unable to read some 1.8 million vehicles using those readers but perhaps the images still exist and can be reviewed in a limited time range for possible vehicles.

So if I get the timeline right:
Sept 29-seen leaving in an early 2000's silver Honda from Creekvale Townhome Community (witnessed by Berk's Home employee)
Sept 30-fails to show up for work.
Nov 1-fails to show up for work. Last phone ping at 2:30pm in Carlisle.

At some point sent pw's to friend from Discord.

I would suggest talking to the employee who saw him get into the car. Also check his online gaming accounts and see who he recently played with, make a list and take it to the PD so they can track them down. Also check with the people he worked with and ask if they had ever seen him with this Honda car person before.
Were there any big gaming events in the area during that time? He had to work the next day so it's unlikely he would have been planning to travel anywhere, but someone from out of state may have been travelling to your area for an event, and that may be the person who drove the Honda.
I would also check with hotels/motels in Carlisle and see if anyone saw your son. Ask to put up his poster just in case the person in the Honda stayed at any of those places. And ask if you can put his posters at gas stations in that area as well.
Since Carlisle was the last place his phone pinged, I'd focus my search there. You at least know his phone was there.
I'd also ask friends and co-workers if they can help you organize putting these posters up. Remember to be safe and always go with a buddy when hanging posters.

If he's heavily into D&D there was an event on Sept 29 at a local place called The Game Table Cafe in Mechanicsburgs. There was another one at the Fabricator's Forge Gaming Club in Coraopolis. And another at Main Quest Gaming in Du Bois.
There are stores that have events too, but I can't search back. The Blue Moon Games in Lemoyne may have had something going on.
There was a scheduled meet up in Carlise PA on 9/29 at Giant Food Stores.
I'd check out this site. https://www.meetup.com/CentralPAGameClub/+&cd=18&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Nick's mom, I'm sorry your son is missing and the affect this is having on your family.
I would ask the police to please check security cameras in the area he left to determine which way they went. Many people and businesses have them and LE can track that way. They should also be able to check where his phone pinged in Carlisle and see if they can find others who saw him and where he may have last been seen and what the situation was.
Prayers and positive thoughts that Nick is found safe and well soon.

If he's heavily into D&D there was an event on Sept 29 at a local place called The Game Table Cafe in Mechanicsburgs. There was another one at the Fabricator's Forge Gaming Club in Coraopolis. And another at Main Quest Gaming in Du Bois.
There are stores that have events too, but I can't search back. The Blue Moon Games in Lemoyne may have had something going on.
There was a scheduled meet up in Carlise PA on 9/29 at Giant Food Stores.
I'd check out this site. https://www.meetup.com/CentralPAGameClub/+&cd=18&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

A million times this. It's all about that discord account and whomever he was last talking to....one doesn't give out theie password to a discord account without a very good reason to do so. IMHO ofc.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack B
Back