PA PA - Patricia Seelbaugh, 17, Grove City, 26 Oct 1973

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has anyone compared Patricia to this unidentified woman?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

The timeline seems to match up.
yes i had noted in an earlier post that there were likenesses. However, in addition to what I said before re. the UID wearing work clothes, also the UID sketch (one of them) showed her wearing glasses. It says that Patricia had just reading glasses, but that they were left at home.
Also, she wasn't at the main truck stop at end of night, a male had dropped her off outside Grove City so not likely a truck drove her the 8-9 hrs. to where the UID was found. I just don't think it is her, but if anyone else does, please by all means send the info. to be checked!

Side by side of the New Hampshire UID and Patricia

upload_2020-9-18_7-48-47.png
Original

Patricia Jane Seelbaugh
patricia_jane_seelbaugh_1.jpg

17 years old
Missing since 26 October 1973

Circumstances: Patricia was last seen on Friday, October 26, 1973 in the company of friends at the Barkeyville truck stop in Barkeyville, PA. The truck stop is located off of Interstate 80 just east of Interstate 79.

She was dropped off with a known male at a residence in the area located just outside of Grove City, PA, commonly known at Hallville. It was late, likely after midnight. This is the last time that she was seen.

First Name: Patricia Jane
Middle Name: Jane
Last Name: Seelbaugh
Details
Age When Last Known Alive: 17
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 60.0
Weight: 98.0
State: Pennsylvania
Zip: 16127
County: Mercer
Appearance
Hair: Black
Head Hair: Long and straight
Eye: Hazel
Clothing and Accessories
Clothing: Blue Jeans
Eyewear: Wore glasses for reading but did not have them with her when she disappeared.

LINK:

Patricia Jane Seelbaugh - Pennsylvania Missing Person Directory

Sadly both her parents passed away. Her father Domer R. Seelbaugh on Oct. 14, 2002 and her mother Betty Jane Seelbaugh on August 24, 2020. In her obituary Obituary for Betty Jane Seelbaugh at Cunningham Funeral Home Patricia is listed as missing since February 1973. Although all MP reports say October 26, 1973.
RBBM

PSP Mercer County sent me Patricia's info back in 2008 to have her added to DN and my old PA Missing site.

Text of the email in part - notice that Patricia's birth date is February 24, 1956. I'm wondering if whoever wrote the obit for her mother erroneously used Patricia's birth month instead of October when she went missing.

Name: Patricia Jane Seelbaugh
Female
Date Missing- 10-26-73 Friday
DOB/02-24-56
Hgt/ 5 foot
Wgt/ 98 lbs.
Hair/Long straight black in color
Eyes/ Hazel
White, non-hispanic
No distinguishing characteristics
No medical problems known did wear glasses for reading but did not have them with her.
Clothing- Only listed as wearing blue jeans, no other clothing mentioned in report
No jewelry noted
No alias
Reported missing from her parent’s house, Grove City Boro, Grove City Pa.
No fingerprints
Dental and full body x-rays available
DNA- none listed however she has a daughter who resides in the area in which dna could possibly be developed from her.
She is listed as missing on our report
Circumstances: She was last seen in the company of friends at the Barkeyville truck stop in Barkeyville Pa. This truck stop is located off of Interstate 80 just east of interstate 79. She was dropped off with a known male at a residence in the area located just outside of Grove City Pa, commonly referred as Hallville. That is the last time she was seen, it was late, most likely after midnight. The investigation case number is D3-24406.

I wonder where are the friends' testimonies. Patricia spent the night with some friends at a truck stop, I imagine they can provide an account about that night:
What did they do?
Was Patricia in good spirits?
Did she have a date?
Were any of the male friends interested on her?
How was her relationship with the male who gave her a ride?
Why did she want to go to Grove City?
Did she live there or was she meeting anyone else?

It would be great if any of her friends could answer some of these questions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ickem916
Back