PA PA - Philadelphia, BlkFem 4-6, UP16611, Amputated Finger, Wht apron, in milk crate, May'62

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh, just saw on the first page of this thread that even police believed she may be Hattie.

Attachments

there was also a beheaded little black girl in missouri in 2001. this is so horrifying.

View attachment 281250

The murder of these decapitated children is horrible. Who could do something like this?

Precious Doe of KC, MO was identified as Erica Green.

WIKIPEDIA

Mom, stepfather charged in killing of ‘Precious Doe’
(NBC NEWS)

Settlement reached in ‘Precious Doe’ lawsuit
(Kansas City Star)

A settlement has been reached in the case of an Oklahoma man who sued the state and an Oklahoma hospital over the death of his daughter, a Kansas City murder victim known as Precious Doe.

Larry Green filed the lawsuit in 2010, nine years after the young girl’s beheaded body was found in a wooded area near 59th Street and Kensington Avenue. She was eventually identified as Erica Green.

Named in the suit were the Oklahoma Department of Human
Services, the state Department of Corrections and the University of Oklahoma Medical Center.

I wonder if Hattie Jackson has relatives that are still looking for her. I personally don't think this little girl was Hattie, but I would love for there to be a DNA comparison to conclusively rule her out.

I'm honestly shocked by how little coverage this case has gotten, especially in the modern day. Cases like the boy in the box (same state, found a few years earlier) and the 1983 St. Louis Jane Doe (another decapitated black female child) are super well-known, and you would think the brutality of the case would cause it to get more attention.

I wrote an article about her back in 2018. This was before her body was exhumed and her DNA was sequenced, but I figured I should post this here.
Philadelphia’s Other Unknown Child
It makes me very sad to think how this little girl died and that to this day her identity is not known.

I really hope this girl got her Name back.

I wrote an article about her back in 2018. This was before her body was exhumed and her DNA was sequenced, but I figured I should post this here.
Philadelphia’s Other Unknown Child

She was not exhumed. When they opened where her grave was supposed to be, it was empty. (Post # 19, page 1 of this thread)

"Unfortunately, her remains could not be located within the former City Cemetery, reflecting the sad reality that many victims are forever lost."

Art of Forensics

Last edited:
She was not exhumed. When they opened where her grave was supposed to be, it was empty. (Post # 19, page 1 of this thread)

"Unfortunately, her remains could not be located within the former City Cemetery, reflecting the sad reality that many victims are forever lost."

Art of Forensics
So sadly, it would not be possible to help recover the identity of the girl without her DNA, I also wonder how it is possible for a body to disappear if the authorities were supposedly sure that it was buried there?

Art of Forensics

I didn't see anything in the article about this Jane Doe's body being lost, only the Wister Woods girl.
It sounds like her body is also missing, though, according to CCJD- I wonder why they never mentioned that in any articles?

I didn't see anything in the article about this Jane Doe's body being lost, only the Wister Woods girl.
It sounds like her body is also missing, though, according to CCJD- I wonder why they never mentioned that in any articles?

I should've put "and" before the Wister Woods girl's info. But there's this:

"They had opened the Girl in the Box's grave first, and dug down to where they thought she rests, but had not found her. By day's end, they narrowed their search to a few yards of earth nearby. Come morning, they planned to search anew, determined to find a little girl, no longer forgotten."

New mysteries unearthed at Philly’s last potter’s field, where the Boy in the Box once rested | Mike Newall

I know LE who was at the exhumations. When a discussion came up on another thread here in 2020 about the exhumations, I contacted him to clarify who was/wasn't found. He told me 5 of the individuals on the list (all teens or young adults) were located. The two toddlers - the Girl in the Box and Wisters Woods - were not.

IMO, the reason the little girls couldn't be found is because they weren't buried alone. Wister Woods, I'm 100% sure she was either buried with an adult or with the 4 other children who were buried at Potters Field on the same day she was.

First two attatchments are from Philly Inquirer 8/1/1987.
31 Dec 1969, - at Newspapers.com

Third attachment from Philly Inquirer 7/30/1987.

(as often happens - dates on links do not match the dates of the actual page)

I sent the full articles and more to LE in 2020. I have not found anything about the Girl in the Box's burial but I don't think it's a stretch to think she may have been buried with someone else, maybe in one of the graves adjacent to where her marker was.

Attachments

• Wister Wood buried with children.JPG
    Wister Wood buried with children.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Wister Woods the other 4.JPG
    Wister Woods the other 4.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Wisters Woods buried with adult.JPG
    Wisters Woods buried with adult.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 15
Poor child. I wonder, did she have siblings or cousins who are still alive and might remember her?
It is nice that someone cared enough to try to find her identity decades later. Tragic that they couldn't.

IMO, the reason the little girls couldn't be found is because they weren't buried alone. Wister Woods, I'm 100% sure she was either buried with an adult or with the 4 other children who were buried at Potters Field on the same day she was.

First two attatchments are from Philly Inquirer 8/1/1987.

Third attachment from Philly Inquirer 7/30/1987.

(as often happens - dates on links do not match the dates of the actual page)

I sent the full articles and more to LE in 2020. I have not found anything about the Girl in the Box's burial but I don't think it's a stretch to think she may have been buried with someone else, maybe in one of the graves adjacent to where her marker was.
Do you mind reposting these on the Wister Woods Girl's thread?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rndy
Back