Identified! PA - Philadelphia - 'Boy in the Box' - 4UMPA - Feb'57 #3 - Joseph Augustus Zarelli

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
sbm
There is a problem with this though: Joseph's mother and her children was already known in 2020 when the request for documents was made. JT (the Z link) wasn't contacted until last year.

This is info from the press conference, JT article and Misty Gillis interview.
We know the Italian link is paternal.

The police are not naming the biological parents. We need to stop doing that. The world is very weird now and this can lead to people being doxxed. It is potentially harmful speculation.
I have personally let go of the M story. She is deceased, the police investigated her story and couldn’t prove any of it. Baked beans are not confirmed in the autopsy report. It is not out of the question that something like that (adoption, formal or informal, followed by abuse) happened, though.
Let’s deal in facts. No Counselor Troi or Colonel Mustard stuff please.
If law enforcement does not share more, we may have to be content that he has his name back.

Did anyone notice that it looks like they had left room for his name on his grave marker?

The world has always been weird ;)

I'm not sure what to do with M's story. It could very well be legit, or she could have had a younger brother who died and somehow she believes he was Joseph. I don't think she made anything up, but genuinely did believe what she said. I think something happened to her, and whatever that was, was real.

As to Joseph's bio parentage, I honestly couldn't care less who they were. I care about where he was living (and how he ended up there) immediately preceeding his death, and who THAT person was, that was responsible. If that person happens to also be his bio mom or dad, then let's have a name. If not, I still don't care about the bio parent's names.

I want to know who trimmed his nails, chopped his hair off and didn't even bother to dress him before stuffing his little body in that filthy box and leaving him on the side of the road like household trash. To me, THAT is what matters, not pegging down his genealogy.

jmo

A good read during your wait time. IMO

RSBBM
LE has not officially named a POI/suspect responsible for Joseph's death and has indicated they do not wish the identities of the family to be known ... therefore no public sleuthing of Joseph's family or any other 'innocent' person is allowed.
ADMIN NOTE:

This UID thread was established many years ago with a goal of identifying this sweet child who we now know as Joseph.

LE has not officially named a POI/suspect responsible for Joseph's death and has indicated they do not wish the identities of the family to be known ... therefore no public sleuthing of Joseph's family or any other 'innocent' person is allowed. Members doing so are in violation of one of our most basic Terms of Service on which Websleuths was founded.

Websleuths long-standing Terms of Service stipulate that the only individuals who can be publicly sleuthed are a victim and an officially named POI/suspect. There are no officially named POIs or officially named suspects. This is not difficult to understand.

When members violate TOS and simply thumb their noses at Mods, Admins, and Websleuths owner Tricia, we are left with few options.

We truly don't like taking drastic measures, but going forward:

Members who continue sleuthing to try to determine who Joseph's family members are, and posting their names, initials, or other findings in this public thread, will be permanently banned from the discussion. If it continues to be a moderation nightmare as it has been, we will close all general discussion and go with a Media only *NO DISCUSSION* thread.

Members can sleuth privately with others as much as they wish. In "Conversations" you can add up to 20 other members to your private message thread. Just don't bring your findings to the public discussion.

If for some reason the above is not clear, do not derail the thread with questions. Contact a Mod or Admin and we will try to clarify.

This thread is now closed. Read The Rules and @Sillybilly's post above then click below to continue in Thread #4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3