Identified! PA - Philadelphia, 'Boy in the Box', WhtMale 4-6, 4UMPA, Feb'57

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my idea of what he looked like. Maybe this will help.

b722bade-9124-4b5d-8e33-fc0062951322.jpg

Here is my idea of what he looked like. Maybe this will help.

b722bade-9124-4b5d-8e33-fc0062951322.jpg
This is beautiful Carl. Thank you. Can I put this on my boards too and say you did it? Someone,somewhere has to recognize this little boy.

This is great, Carl. Thanks. I think this is much more realistic to what he actually looked like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.nei.nih.gov/health/rop/rop

An ROP epidemic occurred in the 1940s and early 1950s when hospital nurseries began using excessively high levels of oxygen in incubators to save the lives of premature infants. During this time, ROP was the leading cause of blindness in children in the US. In 1954, scientists funded by the National Institutes of Health determined that the relatively high levels of oxygen routinely given to premature infants at that time were an important risk factor, and that reducing the level of oxygen given to premature babies reduced the incidence of ROP

I wonder if he was born premature and given to much oxygen in the hospital. Then another part of me wonders if he was an at home birth, possibly with a mid wife, I think that was somewhat common.

https://www.nei.nih.gov/health/rop/rop

An ROP epidemic occurred in the 1940s and early 1950s when hospital nurseries began using excessively high levels of oxygen in incubators to save the lives of premature infants. During this time, ROP was the leading cause of blindness in children in the US. In 1954, scientists funded by the National Institutes of Health determined that the relatively high levels of oxygen routinely given to premature infants at that time were an important risk factor, and that reducing the level of oxygen given to premature babies reduced the incidence of ROP

I wonder if he was born premature and given to much oxygen in the hospital. Then another part of me wonders if he was an at home birth, possibly with a mid wife, I think that was somewhat common.

I don't think so and I will explain why. If that were true he would most likely have gotten a lot of medical care, even if it could not be afforded and there would be more records of a missing child who dropped off the radar at his death.

I think this was a basically healthy normal child at birth that was abused and neglected. Possible never went to public school or played outside. I think this child was treated like a nuisance from birth. I think his short life was one filled with angst and pain.

It's strange that he did have some surgeries but yet no record of him has been found. Not in Pennsylvania or the surrounding states at least. I still think the isotope test was preformed and they have some general idea what part of the state he may be from but they are keeping that info to themselves to assure accuracy if his identity is even revealed.

It's strange that he did have some surgeries but yet no record of him has been found. Not in Pennsylvania or the surrounding states at least. I still think the isotope test was preformed and they have some general idea what part of the state he may be from but they are keeping that info to themselves to assure accuracy if his identity is even revealed.
Yes and when were these operations done on him?

It's strange that he did have some surgeries but yet no record of him has been found.

It is which makes me wonder what was really done to him?

Was it traditional medicine? Was it something that occurred in a home?

There was an episode on Cold Case about this case. Now I know that is fiction but they pieced it together as an orphan who was experimented on.
The thing is at this time in history, psychiatric patients were tortured as a way to try and make them sane.

This case bothers me like no other. Everyone deserves their name. I pray that with DNA advances that somehow something will pop up one day to link this boy to someone.

I think he was from close to where he was found. The place where he was found is on a border of North East philly and then the smaller towns of Hollywood, Fox Chase, And then out to farms.
That was a decent road to put him on, Like they wanted him found. There are so many places he could have been put that would have kept him hidden much longer.

I always felt he was indeed born prematurely.Our boy might not have been from the Philadelphia area.Maybe somewhere else near Philadelphia and moved later after he was born.He may not have been born in Philadelphia at all. Maybe Roxborough or Manayunk Pennsylvania or somewhere.He might not have even been born or ever lived in Pennsylvania or not for long.I still feel someone either put him up for adoption through one of the agencies or orphanages or foster homes.

I'm starting to feel maybe DHS Child Welfare was called in at one or more times and he was indeed possibly a charity case a few times and possibly taken away from his family by DHS Child Welfare or another agency.I do strongly feel there is a BIG cover up or cover ups somewhere with our boy.
I feel they need to check all those records again or I hope and pray some one will and re investigate this poor little boys case again.This is really way beyond sad and it really does look like nothing is still being done to find out who he is.I pray they are still looking and still investigating his case.. I do not feel he was from the area he was found.But maybe from the area or not far from where the bassinet was bought.

I think he was from the area and left there to be found.

It makes the most sense with where he was found.

Literally 500 yards and he could have been places in the woods and nearly never found until someone wandered back there in the dense brush.

Given all the places around there he could have been dumped and not found for years, I just feel like someone wanted him found.

Premature babies didn't have much of a shot back then so I am just not sure that this would be his story.

I don't think there is a cover up at all. I feel like this is just a case of a child would just missed the system.

I don't think someone wanted anyone to find him. I think they dumped him further away.The closet I feel he was to where he was found was Saint Vincent's Tacony Philadelphia Orphanage. It is not far from where he was found. I am also very curious of where DHS Child Welfare put their Children that were taken away from families.

I don't think someone wanted anyone to find him. I think they dumped him further away.The closet I feel he was to where he was found was Saint Vincent's Tacony Philadelphia Orphanage. It is not far from where he was found. I am also very curious of where DHS Child Welfare put their Children that were taken away from families.

If you drive on that road, You can see all the options they had. It is obvious to me someone wanted him found. They could have left him down a ravine in Penny pack park just down the street. It is like a wilderness in there. He would really never have been found and it would not have taken much to get him there, A stop and a dump, but they left him there, where there were houses near by and on the side of the road.

I know a lot about the area because I have been there and around there hundreds of times.

As someone who has lived in the area, It says to me that they wanted him found...

I think they may have covered it up in the system or he was in the system,foster home ect...and then possibly placed in an orphanage.Like possibly the Manayunk Pennsylvania boy was.I feel very very positive there are cover ups with his case maybe in a few places. I am just not sure where where.I also after looking into this little boy for a long time now feel there are people,maybe a few,that know exactly who this little boy is.I hope and pray someone can look into his case again and find them and find out who this poor little boy is.He deserves his name on his grave and he deserved it a long time ago.

I think he was from close to where he was found. The place where he was found is on a border of North East philly and then the smaller towns of Hollywood, Fox Chase, And then out to farms.
That was a decent road to put him on, Like they wanted him found. There are so many places he could have been put that would have kept him hidden much longer.

I tend to disagree, I don't think they wanted him to be found, he was put in a dumping ground, mixed in, in a large box, among other people's garbage, sounds like they chose a good hiding spot.

I think they may have covered it up in the system or he was in the system,foster home ect...and the possibly placed in an orphanage.Like possibly the Manayunk Pennsylvania boy was.I feel very very positive there are cover ups with his case maybe in a few places. I am just not sure where.I also after looking into this little boy for a long time now feel there are people,maybe a few,that know exactly who this little boy.

I just don't think it is that convoluted. Because I think the detectives that worked this case would not have cared about protecting anyone and if they found anything that led them down a path they would have taken it. They cared about this boy and have never given up trying to find out his identity.

I think there are people who know who this boy is but not anyone who could do anything about it. I think that someone has a story that we have not heard yet.

If you drive on that road, You can see all the options they had. It is obvious to me someone wanted him found. They could have left him down a ravine in Penny pack park just down the street. It is like a wilderness in there. He would really never have been found and it would not have taken much to get him there, A stop and a dump, but they left him there, where there were houses near by and on the side of the road.

I know a lot about the area because I have been there and around there hundreds of times.

As someone who has lived in the area, It says to me that they wanted him found...
It's ok to disagree.It'a all good.I am familiar with the area also.

I just don't think it is that convoluted. Because I think the detectives that worked this case would not have cared about protecting anyone and if they found anything that led them down a path they would have taken it. They cared about this boy and have never given up trying to find out his identity.

I think there are people who know who this boy is but not anyone who could do anything about it. I think that someone has a story that we have not heard yet.
I don't think the police protected anyone.I strongly believe someone lied to them and they believed it.I think they need to go back to the early leads and really check them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required