Identified! PA - Philadelphia, 'Boy in the Box', WhtMale 4-6, 4UMPA, Feb'57

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I pray he is Identified soon.Has there been any new updates on him? Very sad.

Oh, my goodness, yes. I see a resemblance!
What a handsome young man, so glad he finally went home, and was buried with military honors.

Relative?

Who knows?

The airman's family are in WA, which is obviously the far side of the country from where the boy was found. But then, people moved around so much during and after the war. I could imagine the boy being a nephew of the airman, or even a much younger cousin.

If I was the cop on the case I'd certainly want to explore the possibility. At least they have the boy's DNA which would very quickly rule out a link if there wasn't one.

I just watched a video on YouTube about this case and there was a theory at the end of the video about a woman named "M" who believes that the boy in the box was held captive and abused in her family's basement. She was able to describe things that weren't shared with the public, but were consistent with what law enforcement knew. How credible this person is though, is open to interpretation.

IMO

I suppose they might be considering ancestral DNA. It could be especially useful in this case.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

In my opinion, I believe this case has been well researched over the past 5 decades. This is probably one of the few cases where I don't feel like someone dropped the ball. From the get go, investigators have worked hard on solving this mystery. I'm hoping someday soon the efforts pay off.

I think it would be solved if they could compare DNA to the big data DNA sites like Ancestry.

I think it would be solved if they could compare DNA to the big data DNA sites like Ancestry.

Unfortunately, it might not solve the case, though. If his relatives haven't put their DNA on any of those sites, or, if they have, and there's a match, the living relatives may have no idea who he is. This was the case of Miss X, who was found to have relatives in NC and VA, but the people they contacted there had no idea who she was. It's possible she was adopted and the family didn't know about it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_X_(decedent)
I would still like to see this done, I definitely think it's worth doing, but, it may not have the expected results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
audreyshura