Resolved PA - Philadelphia Co, WhtFem UP17475, 30-50, decedent drug at Frankford Ave, Dec'17 - namus removed

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I now see both Carrie Ann and UP #17475 are listed under each other's "exclusions" list in the comparisons sections of NamUs. I guess that means they've ruled her out.

I thought it was a very good find. In some other pictures of her you can even see some kind of mole near her left eye.

MP40923
MP38192
MP23418
MP17566
MP5438
MP10499
MP3459
MP920
MP10083

Any word on whether the body has any piercings or whether there is evidence she was ever pregnant. Also, the black hair is virgin (not colored)? Are the moles on the recreation accurate and are there any others or any birthmarks?

These are great questions. Have you emailed your list of possible matching MP's to Amy Dobbs? I wonder also if she is able to answer questions like these.

A note on the moles in the recreation photo: it's possible that they may not be a make-or-break identifier - I wonder if it's possible that these are temporary blemishes (pimples/sores/etc.) that she had at the time of death, or even newer marks (scars) from recent blemishes. This could mean her skin may look different than a "missing" photo, especially if she's living on the streets and/or developed a drug habit. Philly (especially Kensington) is still a hotbed for drugs. I walked past Front & Girard this weekend, which is what gave me pause about the facial marks.

Last edited:
If she was living on the streets (for instance at the Fremont AV overpass) she wouldn't look that young and fresh as presented in the sketch. There are no marks, scars...if she was a drug user for some time...sure there would be some evidence of that on her body.

If she was living on the streets (for instance at the Fremont AV overpass) she wouldn't look that young and fresh as presented in the sketch. There are no marks, scars...if she was a drug user for some time...sure there would be some evidence of that on her body.

You're right that she looks younger in the sketch than what you'd think for her age bracket + possible lifestyles. Regardless of her situation, her body is very underweight with a BMI of 16.5. It's difficult to know what caused this (homelessness, addiction, or an eating disorder). It would be very interesting to see the state of the clothes she was wearing, as her layering clothes could have been because she was wearing all her possessions, OR because it was December and cold out for someone so thin. You're right that it's hard to tell the state of her life from the picture/body info that we have. For all we know (given the information) she could have been a young professional abducted during a jog & taken across state lines.

As for other marks on the body being indicators of drug use: being a drug addict doesn't necessarily require marks (like injection scars) on the body. Addiction can also be reliance on opioids in pill form, some of which are made from illegal pill pressing operations (and are oftentimes laced with highly potent & cheaply sourced black market fentanyl). I received Narcan training for my job and learned a lot about local Philly drug tendencies from this amazing overdose prevention officer named Elvis Rosado. It's all pretty terrifying. Fentanyl vs. Heroin: The Similarities and Differences Between Two Powerful Opioids

You're right that she looks younger in the sketch than what you'd think for her age bracket + possible lifestyles. Regardless of her situation, her body is very underweight with a BMI of 16.5. It's difficult to know what caused this (homelessness, addiction, or an eating disorder). It would be very interesting to see the state of the clothes she was wearing, as her layering clothes could have been because she was wearing all her possessions, OR because it was December and cold out for someone so thin. You're right that it's hard to tell the state of her life from the picture/body info that we have. For all we know (given the information) she could have been a young professional abducted during a jog & taken across state lines.

As for other marks on the body being indicators of drug use: being a drug addict doesn't necessarily require marks (like injection scars) on the body. Addiction can also be reliance on opioids in pill form, some of which are made from illegal pill pressing operations (and are oftentimes laced with highly potent & cheaply sourced black market fentanyl). I received Narcan training for my job and learned a lot about local Philly drug tendencies from this amazing overdose prevention officer named Elvis Rosado. It's all pretty terrifying. Fentanyl vs. Heroin: The Similarities and Differences Between Two Powerful Opioids

Thanks for giving more insights on the use of drugs. I agree with you and I tip my hat for you...having to work under this conditions. There are a lot of documentaries about the drug using and homeless communities in Philly. I almost watched them all. It's very, very sad....happily enough there are wonderful people who care. I'm not sure what this lady was doing in this neighborhood, how she ended up there. I think it had something to do with drugs, abuse etc. Yes, you are totally right....she could have had an eating disorder, meeting the wrong crowd....I think when you are living on the streets you would have scarves, from battering, from stupid accidents, wounds, skin problems. Maybe not on the body persé but on the soul...stress is a killer....triggering other physical (skin) problems. I hope we/they are able to give her back her name. Humans are humans no matter what path they are going.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Humans are humans no matter what path they are going.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more. She deserves to have her name back in death.

Part of me feels as though this case will require some GEDMatch sleuthing. If she's someone who has gone to the street, it's possible her family and those who love her broke contact long before. This means that it's possible no one ever filed a missing person's report. I'm anxiously awaiting some news from DNA Doe Project.

I saw Orange Socks has been identified, and this Philadelphia Doe is on their list as well according to their wikipedia

I checked DDP's fb page and their website. They still have the Kensington Doe as "active". I'm wondering if Philly MedEx ID'd her by another means (dentals, fingerprints). If so, I hope they release her name.

Unidentified Wiki states she is identified in august 2019, so very recently. Maybe more info is going to follow.

Philadelphia Jane Doe (2017)
Tbh, I think the user who updated the page took their information from this very thread. I can't find any other sources on this, so I'll wait for LE to confirm the alleged identification. Don't get me wrong, I would love for her being identified, but isn't it possible that her NamUs is temporarily down due to it being updated with new information or pictures/recons?

Tbh, I think the user who updated the page took their information from this very thread. I can't find any other sources on this, so I'll wait for LE to confirm the alleged identification. Don't get me wrong, I would love for her being identified, but isn't it possible that her NamUs is temporarily down due to it being updated with new information or pictures/recons?

Agreed. The wiki page was just updated early this morning and it isn't an "official" page so there's a good chance whoever updated it saw this thread. I wondered if Philly MedEx took her NamUs page off public view simply because DDP is working on it and the MedEx office isn't taking any more tips. Whatever the reason, I'll wait on MedEx or DDP to verify that she's been ID'd.

(cur | prev) 05:47, August 7, 2019‎ Hoshiiiii (wall | contribs)‎ . . (1,638 bytes) (+19)‎ .
(cur | prev) 03:44, August 7, 2019‎ Xyklone (wall | contribs)‎ . . (1,619 bytes) (+65)‎ . . (Adding categories)
(cur | prev) 03:43, August 7, 2019‎ Xyklone (wall | contribs)‎ . . (1,554 bytes) (+142)‎ . . (NamUs down)
{{Identified
|image = [[File:p_17.png|200px]]
|realname = Withheld
|sex = {{F}}
|race = {{White}}
|location = Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
|missing from = Withheld
|identified = August 2019
|found = December 10, 2017

This is an exciting development. I checked my two Namus missing person comparison submissions that were still pending and their pages are both still live, but don't list 17475 as an exclusion... maybe because to do so would be pointless since that UP no longer exists. I'm guessing they sequenced DNA and matched that way?

I don't know the protocol, but I wonder if the MP page would also be taken down as quickly as the UP page if for some reason they were a match. Hopefully, we're at least (eventually) privy to which method they used to solve it.

This is an exciting development. I checked my two Namus missing person comparison submissions that were still pending and their pages are both still live, but don't list 17475 as an exclusion... maybe because to do so would be pointless since that UP no longer exists. I'm guessing they sequenced DNA and matched that way?

I don't know the protocol, but I wonder if the MP page would also be taken down as quickly as the UP page if for some reason they were a match. Hopefully, we're at least (eventually) privy to which method they used to solve it.

I would expect the MP page to be taken down too if she was one of those. JMO.

Update from DDP!

"The DNA Doe Project is pleased to announce that we have accepted the case of Philadelphia Jane Doe (2017) (PJD). At the end of October 2018, PJD’s DNA was sent for micro-array DNA profiling. The DDP received her file on December 19 and uploaded it to GEDmatch. Analysis is underway.
Who was Philadelphia Jane Doe (2017)
Early in the morning of December 10, 2017, a woman in Philadelphia, PA was pushed from a moving Ford truck and then struck by a black Dodge Challenger following behind. Both vehicles immediately fled. When authorities arrived, the woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
PJD was estimated to have been between 30-50 years of age. Investigators are still searching for the vehicles and drivers who struck her.
Anyone with information on this case should contact:
Seth Ditizio, Medicolegal Death Investigator
Philadelphia County Medical Examiner's Office

Links to More Information
Unidentified Person Case
Philadelphia Jane Doe (2017)
Police: Woman pushed from truck, run over in Kensington FOX 29
Woman Dies After Being Pushed Out of Car in Philadelphia NBC10 Philadelphia
Thanks to all of our great supporters for your support of the DNA Doe Project and PJD!
Special thanks to NamUs for Philadelphia Jane Doe’s photo reconstruction
#PhiiladelphiaJaneDoe (2017)
#DNADoeProject
#Philadelphia
#PhiladelphiaPA
#PhiladelphiaCounty
#DoeFundMe"

DNA Doe Project

Bringing forward the last DDP update. I'm not on FB. Is anyone able to message DDP and ask if this case has been solved? TIA.

This coverage has more details about the silver Ford F-150:
Missing tail gate
Ladder racks
Sticker on back
Woman Dies After Being Pushed Out of Car in Philadelphia

This is such a depressing story...a woman is pushed out of a car, witnesses say she tried to hang on for a bit, fell and then was hit by the second car. Somebody must recognize that vehicle from that description, and the second vehicle must be in cahoots...the whole thing is sickening

I think her height/weight stats are probably accurate as she was pronounced dead at the scene...this and the circumstances of her death might indicate a high-risk lifestyle of drugs/prostitution/trafficking but it is very, very sad that after a day and a half of press there is nothing...

From a fairly recent article in Philly Inquirer:

"...But sometimes, it can be a compendium of tantalizing hints about the lives lost in Kensington. Like the woman on Frankford Avenue — so small, at 5 feet and 83 pounds — but with indications that she had once lived a life of means: A cosmetic chin implant. Pricey veneers on her teeth. ..."

The lonely search for Philly’s unidentified overdose victims | Mike Newall

Bringing forward the MSM articles about this UID. Anyone care to contact the reporter or these news stations and ask for an update? TIA

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back