PA - Philadelphia shootout, multiple officers shot, 14 August 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This one is in my backyard, with an immediate family member who is a cop a few towns over. So yeah, if the last month wasn’t bad enough with this gun insanity, this one hits extra close to home. Though circumstances are different in this case as it started reportedly from a narcotics called.
Thiugh news is fast and fluid during these initial hours, for instance local channel is still reporting 6 officers shot (all expected to survive thankfully), other officers have been hurt (one confirmed as a result of a car crash). Shots are still being fired.
Philly inquirer article:
Multiple Philly police officers wounded, 2 trapped, in active shootout near Temple University’s health campus

NBC Philly live coverage
6 Philly Officers Shot, 1 Injured During 'Active Firefight'

Edited for spacing issues :)

6 officers shot, one grazed in the head. Several other officers injured. No shots for about 15 minutes. Not life-threatening. Police requesting via loudspeaker for
suspect(s) to come out peacefully. WPVI Live Philly. (Local news for me - I live across the river in NJ)

This one is in my backyard, with an immediate family member who is a cop a few towns over. So yeah, if the last month wasn’t bad enough with this gun insanity, this one hits extra close to home. Though circumstances are different in this case as it started reportedly from a narcotics called.
Thiugh news is fast and fluid during these initial hours, for instance local channel is still reporting 6 officers shot (all expected to survive thankfully), other officers have been hurt (one confirmed as a result of a car crash). Shots are still being fired.
Philly inquirer article:
Multiple Philly police officers wounded, 2 trapped, in active shootout near Temple University’s health campus

NBC Philly live coverage

Edited for spacing issues :)

So sorry this is close to home for some WSers. I have a lot of affection for Philadelphia - one of my favorite cities.

ITA it is especially painful after the horrendous violence across the nation recently with shootings.

jmo

Started around 4:30pm. 6 officers shot (or injured in some way) trying to serve a warrant. No suspects in custody. Watching local news live, as I live near Philly. Shots still being fired and news people continually being moved farther away from area of shots. WPVI ABC Action News
Reportedly, one suspect in custody.

Philadelphia active shooter reported
According to WCAU, citing police sources, one suspect is in custody, but another man is still on the loose.

Chaotic Scene Unfolds As 6 Philadelphia Police Officers Shot During Gun Battle In Nicetown-Tioga

This looks like an arrest:

police-shot-suspect.jpg
police-officer-shot-nicetown.jpg

In relation to the officer still trapped, reported live here:
They also do confirm one subject in custody.
A local preschool (right on that corner) is locked down as is Temple University.
So focused on shooting cops with no respect or concern about the neighborhood and neighbors. A preschool on the corner?! The kids and teachers (and parents who can't get to them) do not deserve this scary situation! There had better be no adoration for these shooters who put innocent people at such great risk.

jmo

Six Philadelphia Police Officers Shot in a Standoff Near Temple University
14xp-phillycops-articleLarge-v2.jpg

The police in Philadelphia say several officers have been injured in an “active and ongoing” shooting along the 3700 block of North 16th Street.CreditCreditHannah Yoon for The New York Times
“Lockdown is in effect for Health Sciences Center Campus,” Temple University said on Twitter. “Seek shelter. Secure doors. Be silent. Be still. Police are responding.”

"Michael Borenstein, a dean of the Temple University School of Pharmacy said that he had received a university alert on his phone telling him that the Health Sciences Center Campus was on lockdown. “We’re watching for multiple shooters. People are sitting at their desk doing work and others are following along on the internet.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back