Resolved PA - Philadelphia, WhtFem 25-46, UP73376, wrapped in plastic in tupperware bin, tattoo, Jul'20 - namus removed

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She was wearing a Forever 21 brand tank top, it's a popular 'fast fashion' brand among teens and young adults. Not kids sizes, so if she really was 95 lbs at 5'5-5'7 that shirt would be way too big on her.
Leggings were "Lildy" brand, I'm not familiar with them but I was able to find their website. They have a pretty wide selection of women's leggings (but no kids leggings). I wasn't able to find the exact pattern she was wearing on their website, but I found them on Ebay: LILDY PINK BLUE WHITE PATTERNED SUPER SOFT LEGGINGS SIZE L-XXL - NEW 810312020463 | eBay
According to their website the L-XL size fits a women's size 12-20.

Hi,

I saw up thread that people were trying to identify individuals with similar names to “Jossy/Jassy” that passed away on the corresponding date of the Jane Doe’s tattoo.
That is why I posted it here. If I shouldn’t have, I apologise.

Possibly related to the unidentified woman?

The Chicano letter S looks a lot like the one in the tattoo, So it could also be Sassy IMO. This is a woman with a tattoo "sassy" on her back, but she also has an unknown one on her chest. I presume the remains were not that badly decomposed that a chest tattoo couldn't be found. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thumbnail

alphabet_chicano_capital_tattoo_design_LQ.jpg
This Namus file seems to be down. I hope she is found. Can't remember her name, but I know she was posted on one of the missing indigenous women (FB) sites. Will check it.

I found a Jasmine McCray in DC who passed away on 5-11-08 at age 22, also African American. It says she has 6 siblings - are all of them accounted for? I can't find the siblings names. It's interesting because the some family I did find live around Philly.....

I found a Jasmine McCray in DC who passed away on 5-11-08 at age 22, also African American. It says she has 6 siblings - are all of them accounted for? I can't find the siblings names. It's interesting because the some family I did find live around Philly.....
Source?

the obituary for Jasmine McCray was posted on 5/11/08, but her actual death date was 5/5/08. still strange and perhaps worth looking into, though.

Thank you guys for leaving this open! I'm researching this case now and find a few things odd:
1. That's a unique tattoo. So its' either done in jail OR possibly not even in the US/Philly area.
2. Did they send it out to tattoo parlors? That would be helpful if we could get a nationwide link (as much as i hate us all being on record, at this point...it's so hard to find people anyways)
3. Jassy can't be a name used that much...i've searched and could only find some things on socials...fb has a few and i've sent out messages to see if anyone responds.

As stated, how tf "no one saw anything" when it was dropped on a street corner...people saw, they just don't want to say anything.

Hi all, just joined Websleuths as I've been working on this case a bit lately!

I was able to find a Jasmine McCray who was shot and killed in the early morning hours of May 5th 2008 in Washington DC. She was laid to rest on 5/11/08. Her case is still unsolved. This could possibly be the woman referred to in the "R.I.P. Jassy 5-11-08" tattoo. This ties to the possibility that Jane Doe was a close friend or relative of "Jassy" rather than a mother. I wonder if this was a sort of matching tattoo with other close friends of Jasmine or the "Jassy/Jossy" mentioned.

I was only able to find a few children with names that could be nicknamed "Jassy/Jossy" who died on 5/11/08 in PA and neighboring states, and I was able to verify that the mothers of all of those children are still living.

This could also suggest that this friend group had some level of involvement with very dangerous people. I'm going to see if I can find any missing persons from the DC area that could fit Jane Doe. Sadly, we have no clue whether she was even killed in Philadelphia where she was found, as clearly some time had passed between her death and being dumped on the side of the road. Given how she was found, someone could have driven her body from another state and dumped it pretty easily. I wish we had a photo of the tattoo. Screenshot_20230203_110614.png

Hi all, just joined Websleuths as I've been working on this case a bit lately!

I was able to find a Jasmine McCray who was shot and killed in the early morning hours of May 5th 2008 in Washington DC. She was laid to rest on 5/11/08. Her case is still unsolved. This could possibly be the woman referred to in the "R.I.P. Jassy 5-11-08" tattoo. This ties to the possibility that Jane Doe was a close friend or relative of "Jassy" rather than a mother. I wonder if this was a sort of matching tattoo with other close friends of Jasmine or the "Jassy/Jossy" mentioned.

I was only able to find a few children with names that could be nicknamed "Jassy/Jossy" who died on 5/11/08 in PA and neighboring states, and I was able to verify that the mothers of all of those children are still living.

This could also suggest that this friend group had some level of involvement with very dangerous people. I'm going to see if I can find any missing persons from the DC area that could fit Jane Doe. Sadly, we have no clue whether she was even killed in Philadelphia where she was found, as clearly some time had passed between her death and being dumped on the side of the road. Given how she was found, someone could have driven her body from another state and dumped it pretty easily. I wish we had a photo of the tattoo. View attachment 399874
Welcome to Websleuths! Can you post your source for Jasmine being laid to rest on 5/11? All I'm seeing is her obit was published on 5/11 and her funeral was 5/13.

Also, her case was solved! Her killers were convicted in 2013 and each received 60-year sentences: District Men Sentenced To 60-Year Prison Terms For First-Degree Murder While Armed And Other Charges In 2008 Shooting In Southeast Washington-Early-Morning Gunfire Killed A Woman, Wounded A Man-

Welcome to Websleuths! Can you post your source for Jasmine being laid to rest on 5/11? All I'm seeing is her obit was published on 5/11 and her funeral was 5/13.

Also, her case was solved! Her killers were convicted in 2013 and each received 60-year sentences: District Men Sentenced To 60-Year Prison Terms For First-Degree Murder While Armed And Other Charges In 2008 Shooting In Southeast Washington-Early-Morning Gunfire Killed A Woman, Wounded A Man-
This is Jasmine McCray's obituary. https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/washingtonpost/name/jasmine-mccray-obituary?id=5615412

From My Heritage; she was born on February 6, 1986 and was 22 yrs. when she was murdered. Full name is Jasmine Brenda Caron McCray. She would have been 34 in 2020, so maybe there is a close friend/relative who went missing that would fit more or less in this generation age group.

Thank you guys for leaving this open! I'm researching this case now and find a few things odd:
1. That's a unique tattoo. So its' either done in jail OR possibly not even in the US/Philly area.
2. Did they send it out to tattoo parlors? That would be helpful if we could get a nationwide link (as much as i hate us all being on record, at this point...it's so hard to find people anyways)
3. Jassy can't be a name used that much...i've searched and could only find some things on socials...fb has a few and i've sent out messages to see if anyone responds.

As stated, how tf "no one saw anything" when it was dropped on a street corner...people saw, they just don't want to say anyth
Okey good questions.

The NamUs counter for solved cases was not working at the time the profile for this lady was removed. However it is back on since yesterday and the solved cases for Pennsylvania has not gone up, so she may not have been identified, just hidden from public view. I hope it is just a glitch somehow and her identity is known and LE is close to finding out who is responsible for her death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aurorabae
Back