PA - Police find toddler locked in cage, newborn alone in house, 17 May 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
[bbm]

because they're irresponsible selfish disgusting human beings and possibly for a gov't cheque too

My first thought was why didn't they take the baby in the ambulance with Mom to the hospital? She would have to nurse. But, I guess hospitals aren't in the child care business.

I'm horrified at the stories we are seeing this week. Why do these people have children?

did they give birth at home because religion? crunchy? poor? or hiding drug exposure?

I know quite a few parents who are 'crunchy' and none would dream of caging a child? Like, the opposite. They wear them in slings (attachment parenting and crunchyness tend to go together) and take them everywhere, even places that most more mainstream parents wouldn't dream of taking little ones, because they don't think you should separate yourself from your infants/toddlers. Post homebirth they would insist on any hospital attendance incorporating fulltime breastfeeding, they'd never leave the baby at home.

Sounds more like drugs or a total inability to parent because of some kind of psychosocial disability.

I know of more than a few families who have needed to be certain their child was secure. I do not personally agree with the "cage" yet I have a child on the autism spectrum so I get doing the best thing possible with what you have. Kids with autism are notorious for not sleeping very much.
That said, I don't know anybody who would secure their kid and leave the premise. It is absurd to even imagine that. Clearly there are some peculiar things happening in that home with at least one, probably two addled parent at the helm.
I hope they all land in their feet.

I know quite a few parents who are 'crunchy' and none would dream of caging a child? Like, the opposite. They wear them in slings (attachment parenting and crunchyness tend to go together) and take them everywhere, even places that most more mainstream parents wouldn't dream of taking little ones, because they don't think you should separate yourself from your infants/toddlers. Post homebirth they would insist on any hospital attendance incorporating fulltime breastfeeding, they'd never leave the baby at home.

Sounds more like drugs or a total inability to parent because of some kind of psychosocial disability.
Oh I didn't think anyone was accusing crunchy folks of doing anything wrong or nefarious, certainly not putting a child in a cage or leaving them home alone.

I mean, I've met many "crunchy" families who "free range" their children, but they don't abandon or cage them.

Three babies under the age of 2 years.
One aged 22 months, the next 1 year old, then a 1 day old.
Later on we learn there is a 5 year old, who was probably at school. I hope they stop having babies.
If the children are put into care, the parents can just be given parenting lessons then apply to get them back. If they are not successful, there is nothing to stop them having some more.
There is plenty I would love to say but it would probably put me on time out. (Sterilize them)!

What ever complications and surgery the Mother experienced postpartum has possibly ended her fertility.

no. I was only referring to the home birth part.

did they give birth at home because religion? crunchy? poor? or hiding drug exposure?

I gave birth at home after horrible hospital births. It is safer in a low risk pregnancy, especially with a competent midwife, than hospital birth and the risk of a "cascade of interventions" is significantly less. Mom is in a comfortable place, able to labor as she wants, eat and generally subject to infinitely less stress than a hospital birth.

Please read this article for perspective from a respected OB and surgeon on why she birthed at home, not everyone who does so is a "nut" or is doing so because of some weird agenda and in the U.K. the NIH actually recommends planned home birth over hospital birth for low-risk pregnancies.
http://reset.me/story/what-if-home-birth-is-actually-safer-than-hospital-birth/

ETA: I definitely think this father is 100% unfit, how in the world did he think leaving these children at home alone in these conditions was okay??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope they don't decide he needs parenting classes and then have him reunite with the family.

The mother might retain the children, but she went along with the cage. So she needs help as well.

I am afraid for these children. Three little children -- overwhelming. I hope they stop having kids
Theres something wrong with both these folks. The kids should not be returned.

Three babies under the age of 2 years.
One aged 22 months, the next 1 year old, then a 1 day old.
Later on we learn there is a 5 year old, who was probably at school. I hope they stop having babies.
If the children are put into care, the parents can just be given parenting lessons then apply to get them back. If they are not successful, there is nothing to stop them having some more.
There is plenty I would love to say but it would probably put me on time out. (Sterilize them)!
I hope she does not get her kids back. All 3 kids will be running around soon. All 3 will be caged while she sits on her couch with Bonbons. This is about being lazy, uncaring, and detached. Parenting classes will not change her situation.
Should we start the bets now? How long before she pops out another one?

My first thought was why didn't they take the baby in the ambulance with Mom to the hospital? She would have to nurse. But, I guess hospitals aren't in the child care business.

I'm horrified at the stories we are seeing this week. Why do these people have children?

BBM
Maybe they have children because they have nothing better to do like got to work or school. You know those very complicated and time consuming activities.

I gave birth at home after horrible hospital births. It is safer in a low risk pregnancy, especially with a competent midwife, than hospital birth and the risk of a "cascade of interventions" is significantly less. Mom is in a comfortable place, able to labor as she wants, eat and generally subject to infinitely less stress than a hospital birth.

Please read this article for perspective from a respected OB and surgeon on why she birthed at home, not everyone who does so is a "nut" or is doing so because of some weird agenda and in the U.K. the NIH actually recommends planned home birth over hospital birth for low-risk pregnancies.
http://reset.me/story/what-if-home-birth-is-actually-safer-than-hospital-birth/

ETA: I definitely think this father is 100% unfit, how in the world did he think leaving these children at home alone in these conditions was okay??

I have no opinion on home births, and I am not against them. I know ppl who have had them. I was just wondering why this lady birthed at home.

BBM
Maybe they have children because they have nothing better to do like got to work or school. You know those very complicated and time consuming activities.

Mainly for the welfare checks. Going to work (and school) is very complicated and time consuming, I would think a nine month pregnancy followed by childbirth would be complicated and exhausting also. But these people we have been reading and hearing about lately don't seem to think the same way. They don't seem to mind being constantly pregnant and having numerous children. They just don't seem to want to look after their children after they have given birth to them. JMO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teadoughnutsdogbanjo
Back