PA - Rachael DelTondo, 33, killed in mother's driveway on Mother's Day, Alquippa, 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Who hated Rachel enough to murder her?

Someone who felt she was a threat to them, JMO. Several different parties fit that description.
If Rachel was working with state police in relation to drug use and trafficking, why would the local police be following her? How would drugs be related to local police corruption?

Thanks! I was distracted watching the show. It was Frank who went to the police station and pressured the police to give him the copy of the police report. It seems so odd it took them a year to write it up.

This case really needs a timeline to understand it. It seems the chain of events started when JG and Rachel got into a fight over the drugs allegation. JG got revenge by telling Frank C about the incident when Rachel was found sitting in a car with the young man. Frank C then passed it around on social media, eventually sharing it with Rachel's employer. What a nasty bunch of "friends" Rachel had. It doesn't sound like she did anything to bring this on herself.
After watching the 48 Hours episode, I believe someone in Aliquippa with money is paying off people to keep quiet about something while smearing Rachael's name. The same person who would have enough money to hire a hit man. Just my opinion, but seems too many people in that town are besmirching the name of a murdered woman who was supposedly their friend. And if one person was murdered because of something incriminating she knew, I'm sure other people feel too threatened to tell the truth.

Did SJ nearly become another victim in this? He may have had an obsession with RD, but I doubt there would be all the cover-up if he'd killed her. I think he is being used as a patsy. The killer has no shame in trying in implicate an innocent person.

I feel that the police report about RD and SJ was falsified. A police report written up one year after the "fact"? And it was sitting out on a desk at the PD? I think it was meant as payback for some incriminating information Rachael had divulged/was about to divulge about someone. Didn't the report come out around the same time RD and her ex ended their engagement? It's clear FC still has strong connections with the Aliquippa police force.

JMO

It really does. I wonder why 48 Hours glossed over some of the incidents in this case. Why didn’t they mention or interview the policeman (father of her young 19 year old friend) who was the one who caught her and Jeter in the car and who also was suspended from the force the night of her murder?

Also why didn’t they delve into her being an informant for the State Police? I didn’t quite understand if that was a figment of her imagination or if the State Police were actually talking to her prior to her murder.

So many unanswered questions.

So many questions indeed...! I've just watched the 48 hours episode in the UK and I don't understand why the young girl (Lauren Watkins, daughter of a Police Officer, 17 at the time) that Rachael went to get ice cream with, sent her a text whist both in the same car just before she was about to drop Rachael off at her house, saying something like 'wait or walk around for a few minutes and I'll come back and get you'? She did say that one of the 'half brothers' of Jeter was also in the car and she sent it because she wanted to get rid of him and then come back for Rachael, but then she apparently waited for her to get to her front door before driving off, then didn't hear gunshots nor see anything? It seems that her words/statement of those last few moments have just been given the 'OK' ...?! She was one of the last people to see her alive! Also, didn't she get shot at the start of her driveway nearest the road? Lauren said she drove off when Rachael got to her front door (or side door)? It all sounds a bit fishy to me... Thoughts and prayers to her family and friends x

So many questions indeed...! I've just watched the 48 hours episode in the UK and I don't understand why the young girl (Lauren Watkins, daughter of a Police Officer, 17 at the time) that Rachael went to get ice cream with, sent her a text whist both in the same car just before she was about to drop Rachael off at her house, saying something like 'wait or walk around for a few minutes and I'll come back and get you'? She did say that one of the 'half brothers' of Jeter was also in the car and she sent it because she wanted to get rid of him and then come back for Rachael, but then she apparently waited for her to get to her front door before driving off, then didn't hear gunshots nor see anything? It seems that her words/statement of those last few moments have just been given the 'OK' ...?! She was one of the last people to see her alive! Also, didn't she get shot at the start of her driveway nearest the road? Lauren said she drove off when Rachael got to her front door (or side door)? It all sounds a bit fishy to me... Thoughts and prayers to her family and friends x

All of it stinks worse than last week's catch left on a hot pier. I'm pretty sure there won't be justice in this case.

So I know he's probably too busy but I've been really impressed with PA Attorney General Josh Shapiro and his ability to get s*** done, regardless of who he makes mad. I can't remember if Rachel's mom tried writing to him yet - I know she was in touch with the DA maybe.

Agree, her story doesn't make sense. I have a hunch she wasn't with Rachel just hanging out and having fun. She may have been in the vicinity when Rachel was killed, but not necessarily with Rachel and the others. Perhaps her goal that night was to somehow get Rachel to the end of her driveway at a pre-arranged time and then to disappear.

Approachin g the scenario from the POV that Rachel's movements that night were being guided in a way to put her at the death scene at a certain time, some of this makes more sense. Obviously, Rachel isn't here anyore to explain exactly what happened.

Going to get ice cream again?

According to the criminal complaint, Jeter told State Police that he had been with Pugh earlier that evening. State Police say surveillance footage shows that Jeter went to get ice cream with Pugh and two other friends Friday evening and that his vehicle was seen leaving Kiehl Street shortly after Pugh was shot.

Jeter made national headlines a few years ago. He was the ex-boyfriend of Rachael DelTondo and was considered a person of interest in the case, but no official charges were levelled against him.

Unrelated but at least now his DNA is available for all unsolved cases.

That's insane! For me, this clinches it. It's obvious Rachael's murderer was someone close to her. What are the chances that Rachael was acquainted with TWO murderers? VERY slim. This Jeter guy needs to be held accountable for ALL his murders. Who knows how many others he has killed, for that matter?!

Thanks! I was distracted watching the show. It was Frank who went to the police station and pressured the police to give him the copy of the police report. It seems so odd it took them a year to write it up.

This case really needs a timeline to understand it. It seems the chain of events started when JG and Rachel got into a fight over the drugs allegation. JG got revenge by telling Frank C about the incident when Rachel was found sitting in a car with the young man. Frank C then passed it around on social media, eventually sharing it with Rachel's employer. What a nasty bunch of "friends" Rachel had. It doesn't sound like she did anything to bring this on herself.

Timeline: The Murder Of Rachael DelTondo (Updated 5/13/2020) - BeaverCountian.com

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Child in Time
Back