GUILTY PA - Rebecca Stahl, 37, Hempfield, 18 February 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Also in the bag was two burned drivers licenses, one belonging to the victim. The other was burned beyond recognition.

Snipped this from earlier post. Wonder who's driver's license it was that could not be recognized. I don't recall them saying that his was missing.

I thought it was her driver's license and school ID? Nevermind....I read the last article posted by Caddy.

So he goes home from drinking all afternoon, kills his wife, desposes of her in an area very nearby so he can return to his drinking. Wow.......just wow. He has some mental problems, but he's not court insane.

"For our state police and the local detectives who have done this, it is highly commendable," Wecht said. "And it shows you it is becoming increasingly difficult for people to get away with murder because of the ever-advancing technology in the fields of forensic science. Beautiful work."
http://www.wtae.com/westmoreland/30517482/detail.html

Don't get me wrong, I do thing LE did a great job; however, he did make is kind of easy for them.

For Michelle... another beautiful life lost.

:rose:

"For our state police and the local detectives who have done this, it is highly commendable," Wecht said. "And it shows you it is becoming increasingly difficult for people to get away with murder because of the ever-advancing technology in the fields of forensic science. Beautiful work."
http://www.wtae.com/westmoreland/30517482/detail.html

Don't get me wrong, I do thing LE did a great job; however, he did make is kind of easy for them.

Yes he did...an understatement, but I also want to commend them for jumping on her missing so fast. So many cases we see here where LE just go the "she ran off" route...when time is of the essence and much was missed... or every relative and/or friend in the vicinity has been allowed to mosy around in the house before anything is done by LE.

THMeter's "mimmiesue" posts:

davidstahl.jpg

=======================
CRIMINAL RECORDS
Magisterial District Courts Docket Sheets

Preliminary Hearing 03/29/2012 1:00 pm Magisterial District Judge James N. Falcon Scheduled

MJ-10201-CR-0000066-2012 MDJ-10-2-01 Comm. v. Stahl, David Frank 02/27/2012 Westmoreland Active Stahl, David Frank 4/29/1970

Case Confinement
Westmoreland County Prison County Jail Bail Denied 02/27/2012

# Charge Grade Description Offense Dt. Disposition
1 18 § 2501 §§ A Criminal Homicide 02/18/2012

03/07/2012 Attorney Active Donna Jean McClelland, Esq. David Frank Stahl, Defendant

Public Defender
Name: Donna Jean McClelland, Esq.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/breaking/s_785133.html
Hempfield man accused of wife's murder seeks public defender

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/03/06/husband-of-slain-derry-teacher-in-court/
Husband Of Slain Derry Teacher In Court

Is there another thread regarding the trial? :waitasec: TIA!

Breaking: David Stahl says in his audio confession that he's sorry...he didn't mean to kill his "lovebird"​​ - his pet name for Rebecca #wpxi
tweet from Courney Brennan

claims they both smoked pot and then the argument started.............

Breaking: David Stahl says in his audio confession that he's sorry...he didn't mean to kill his "lovebird"​​ - his pet name for Rebecca #wpxi
tweet from Courney Brennan

claims they both smoked pot and then the argument started.............

Did they do a toxicology test on Rebecca? I don't remember them stating that anything was in her system, but I can't even remember them releasing any results, or if they did a test at all.

Sounds more like a BS "accident" theory trying to get him off the hook since he knows they have enough evidence to convict.

ETA: And of course like the domestic abuser he is, I'm sure he's trying to pin it on her. Of course it's all Rebecca's fault for getting him angry while he's on drugs. JMO

Prosecutors: David Stahl confessed to killing his wife

David Frank Stahl hid his wife's body in a shed at the couple's Hempfield home after strangling her, he told police in a confession played on Thursday during his preliminary hearing.

<snip>

David Stahl told Burford in the Feb. 29 confession at Westmoreland County Prison that he argued with his wife on Feb. 18 before going to Kowboys bar in Whitney. After six hours of drinking, Stahl said, he returned home to see his wife allegedly smoking marijuana, according to the confession.

Stahl said he went back to the bar and got home around 12:30 a.m. on Feb. 19. Stahl said he had drank about 10 to 12 beers, but didn't feel impaired.

Stahl said his wife followed him around the house and argued with him once he returned home. He said he punched the ceiling to defuse the situation. But they got in a fight, and his wife was on top of him, he claimed.

<snip>

At the end of the confession, he said, "I miss my lovebird."

Did he say he missed his lovebird or missed punching his lovebird?
Really :maddening: how he tries to blame her and make himself out to be oh so nice!

Did he say he missed his lovebird or missed punching his lovebird?
Really :maddening: how he tries to blame her and make himself out to be oh so nice!

I know. :( He paints her as the aggressor, following him around the house, spoiling for a fight - to the point where he repeatedly tries to "defuse" the situation - but she just won't leave it alone and he's forced to kill his "lovebird" in self defense! UUUGGHH :maddening:

When in reality, all she wanted was his "permission" to spend a quiet night with her sister, and instead of granting it, he killed her.

Then why not simply call 911 and tell them your wife ended up dead, due to a fight, self-defense, etc? People have managed to avoid conviction or even charges, with such a tale before. But it is a little hard to believe when her body is removed, hidden, etc...

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, because pot always makes a person grab a knife and try to attack their husband. The only thing a person is going to attack after smoking weed is a bag of potato chips or a box of chocolate donuts.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeCoffeeMa
Back