PA PA - Richard Petrone 35 & Danielle Imbo 34, Philadelphia, 19 Feb 2005 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In January 2005, the Hell’s Angels in NY literally declared war on the Philadelphia Pagans, and things got really ugly. There were murders, one of a HA leader on I- 76. The Pagans had an alliance with the Philly crime family. They were based in South Philly. Richard Petrone was living in South Philly at the time. (His family’s business was in Ardmore but he was residing in the city at the time).
There is no evidence that I know of linking RP to these organizations; but the timing is interesting. Also interesting: a possible link to the Ray Gricar case. Ray Gricar also went missing in early 2005. An informant linked to HA said RH was murdered and buried in a mineshaft along with 4 other bodies of people killed around that same time. I don’t know if it makes sense in the RG case but if it’s true about the bodies, the timing adds up.

In January 2005, the Hell’s Angels in NY literally declared war on the Philadelphia Pagans, and things got really ugly. There were murders, one of a HA leader on I- 76. The Pagans had an alliance with the Philly crime family. They were based in South Philly. Richard Petrone was living in South Philly at the time. (His family’s business was in Ardmore but he was residing in the city at the time).
There is no evidence that I know of linking RP to these organizations; but the timing is interesting. Also interesting: a possible link to the Ray Gricar case. Ray Gricar also went missing in early 2005. An informant linked to HA said RH was murdered and buried in a mineshaft along with 4 other bodies of people killed around that same time. I don’t know if it makes sense in the RG case but if it’s true about the bodies, the timing adds up.

Having multiple disappearances/murders in the greater Phila area isn’t noteworthy, unfortunately. There may well be a link between Penn State and Ray Gricar but how would people on Main Line & SNJ get tangled up with DA out there? Are you suggesting that a motorcycle club is behind all three disappearances? I’m not trying to be snarky. There’s LE ties on Danielle’s side and I believe both HA and Pagans have/had a healthy presence in SJ. If a club did this, were they targeting Danielle or Richard?

Vehicle with human remains found submerged in Darby Creek. Not super far from Philly. No word on vehicle type or how long it’s been there. Probably not them but thought I’d share.
Officials: Human remains found inside submerged vehicle in Ridley Township

According to this article, it's not them. The license plate from the car matches as belonging to a man who went missing in 2003. The man's brother is interviewed in the article, and he's the one that contacted those divers believing that he ended up in the water. Police didn't release a name because he hasn't been officially identified (although the article does name him), but it's highly unlikely that it would be anyone else.

@K_Hua

This weekend, YouTube dive team “Adventures With Purpose” cracked one cold case—by finding the car of a man missing for 19 years. This week, they’re trying to solve another high-profile mystery—the case of missing couple Imbo and Petrone.

19 Years Later, Missing Man Apparently Found in Delaware Co. Creek

It'll be interesting if they find something. I've never been in that area personally, but I remember reading that there isn't really a place where they would have been able to drive off into the water like that, given the route they most likely would have taken. LE also hasn't released much information, but has seemed consistently confident that Danielle and Richard's disappearances were not an accident.

Just saw that Adventures with Purpose was searching for Danielle and Richard. Looks like they have not found anything yet but stated they will be back to search again.

I have never felt like they just drove into the water. I’m from the Philly area and find it extremely hard to believe that would have been possible where they were at and where they were going. If you’re from the area you probably agree that it doesn’t really make sense. It’s also a flat, extremely urban area.

For this reason, I have always suspected foul play. I can’t believe it has been so long and the families don’t have the answers they long for. I truly hope they can eventually find peace.

It's good to hear that Adventures with Purpose will be doing more searching in area waterways. I think they'll find all sorts of interesting stuff, maybe even solve some other case. I don't think they will find Danielle and Richard, though.

I'd be happy to be wrong.

Just saw that Adventures with Purpose was searching for Danielle and Richard. Looks like they have not found anything yet but stated they will be back to search again.

I have never felt like they just drove into the water. I’m from the Philly area and find it extremely hard to believe that would have been possible where they were at and where they were going. If you’re from the area you probably agree that it doesn’t really make sense. It’s also a flat, extremely urban area.

For this reason, I have always suspected foul play. I can’t believe it has been so long and the families don’t have the answers they long for. I truly hope they can eventually find peace.

If they’re in the water, it was foul play IMO. Not easy to accidentally drive into the water.

I was thinking about these two today. Actually, I think about them every day as I drive home from work on 295. Has it been confirmed that Richard's car was not seen crossing back over the bridges from philly to south jersey? The Ben Franklin, Betsy Ross, Walt Whitman? Tycony Palmyra? How about Burlington Bristol? If none of these bridges show the car crossing back into NJ, then that means (1) they never left PA, or (2) they used a different bridge, perhaps something farther away like Trenton Makes?

I was thinking about these two today. Actually, I think about them every day as I drive home from work on 295. Has it been confirmed that Richard's car was not seen crossing back over the bridges from philly to south jersey? The Ben Franklin, Betsy Ross, Walt Whitman? Tycony Palmyra? How about Burlington Bristol? If none of these bridges show the car crossing back into NJ, then that means (1) they never left PA, or (2) they used a different bridge, perhaps something farther away like Trenton Makes?

Not to my knowledge. There's also no tolls in that direction. It wouldn't make sense for them to go up to Trenton. Even if they somehow found themselves going up 95N, they would have caught their error well before Trenton. I'm inclined to believe neither the couple nor the car left South Philly. JMO.

Sadly I agree. IIRC The FBI think the truck was chopped, which means it will never be located. And the likelihood of the bodies ever being found is slim. Another one of those cases where LE knows what happened but has insufficient evidence to prosecute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper