PA - Shane Montgomery, 21, Philadelphia, 27 Nov 2014 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was it said how far from the land he was found? I watched the marine units check that area numerous times in the last few weeks and they didn't find anything..

Funny too how all along we're told, the keys were found here (at the location by the wall) "but we don't necessarily believe it was his point of entry." Now I guess we're gonna be told it was after all? And if he did go in there at the wall, did he drown and sink there like all drowning bodies do initially, then emerge/come up later, then float downstream to his found location (if not, then why wasn't he found under there sooner when they found his keys?.......I get the impression they found him UNDER the water down at the brewery location.....not floating on top......so was this where he did go under at.....and if so, how did his keys end up UPSTREAM)? Or did he fall/jump in there at the wall, struggle to get out but couldn't and instead got carried away downstream and finally lost his battle down by that train track bridge and went under there? But wouldn't people at the brewery see him flailing about and yelling out there that night? Just something still seems off to me.

Oops... I missed your post. Same idea, different words. It is possible, right?

I think I'm going to make a donation to Garden State-this is a wonderful organization

So, it looks like there was no car that left the lot, and Shane fell in the river near where his keys were found, and he floated down, over a 4 - 5 week time frame. No foul play, but the bar serving Shane contributed to his condition, and they knew he was intoxicated.

It looks like LE was right on, although it took some time for Shane to surface. You have to tip your hat to the Garden State divers.

I've always loved the work the Garden State Underwater Recovery Unit has done as I've seen them in action in the past as well. They are good at what they do and quick in finding the body. Not to mention the crazy conditions they sometimes work under. They truly are awesome

So, it looks like there was no car that left the lot, and Shane fell in the river near where his keys were found, and he floated down, over a 4 - 5 week time frame. No foul play, but the bar serving Shane contributed to his condition, and they knew he was intoxicated.

It looks like LE was right on, although it took some time for Shane to surface. You have to tip your hat to the Garden State divers.

I dont think its clear that he fell in yet. I think other posters have made a good point,the keys could have went in and he then went in to retrieve the keys and was taken downstream. Was the water moving fast that night?
Unfortunately i dont think we will ever know exactly what happened.

I wouldn't say LE was spot on with everything as many times they, an even the family members, have stated that they did NOT believe the body entered the water in the same location where the keys were located. I'm still interested in seeing what the autopsy holds and can only hope that they do a REALLY thorough job.

So to me that means he went down/drowned there and had yet to emerge. If true, then how the hell did his keys end up UPSTREAM? A body is not gonna go in in one location, sink, as all drowned bodies do, reemerge, float away, then sink again. NOT gonna happen!

It can happen, if the gasses are released once the body surfaces. I find it unlikely in this case though because I think someone would have seen his body surface if the gasses brought it up the first time. There were so many eyes on that area.

"Also, if a body stays on the surface of the water for a long time it will release the built-up gas and sink once again." SOURCE: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2005/09/dead_mans_float.html

Though I did read about this somewhere else the other day, this is a link I just quickly located now.

I think the chances of an accident or suicide have certainly increased TMAN. I would like to see what the autopsy report shows before ruling out foul play, however. I think It was Cement posted a while back everything that should be looked at to determine COD. If it was Cement, could you please repost?

I guess the ME's report will be the most telling at this point. Could take weeks.

Shane didn't surface, he was on the bottom :(

Thanks for this. Although I do not see how the body could have stayed on the surface long enough for that to happen, and sink again, and no one to saw it (while on the surface). Especially right there by a restaurant with a deck and windows facing out at the river, people doing foot searches, river searches, etc? Even Kevin said pages back, when referring to how he doubted anyone tossed the keys in after the fact, because so many eyes were on that river at all times. But who knows.

It can happen, if the gasses are released once the body surfaces. I find it unlikely in this case though because I think someone would have seen his body surface if the gasses brought it up the first time. There were so many eyes on that area.

"Also, if a body stays on the surface of the water for a long time it will release the built-up gas and sink once again." SOURCE: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2005/09/dead_mans_float.html

Though I did read about this somewhere else the other day, this is a link I just quickly located now.

What Midge posted is interesting. In this case I agree with CP it probably did not happen with Shane because of all the searching and people keeping an extra eye open in the area.

Sorry but, I'm still not ruling out foul play yet (yes, I'm stubborn). Someone still could have dumped/pushed him over the train track bridge location and tossed his keys up by the lot (even while participating in one of the searches) in hopes of making it look like he went in there, then floated downstream.

Maybe its just me but I still cant help but still wonder. Why did he go to the parking lot. Was he really a disoriented mess contrary to what Kildares said and just didnt know where he was going? Was it as simple as wanting to smoke in that lot? Maybe its not that important why he went there but I still wonder.

Is this the post I made that you are talking about?:

"Well that of course would depend on many things. Mostly the condition of the body when found. If the eyes had the line across them that I mentioned before that indicates they were dead before entering the water. Or were they glossy (which means he died in the water)? Was the head tilted to the side (which they also says means they were dead before entering the water)? Did his hands clutch/contain any debris/fabric/hair/etc.? How much water was in the lungs? Etc...based on the info found in that book I read before (The Case Of The Drowning Men), there are a lot of indicators that will tell you if someone was dead before entering the water or not. But of course, even if his body is found in the water, we the public may never be privy to such info so WE, the public, may never know. That books really expresses the importance of documenting EXACTLY how the body is found/condition/etc. before moving it and before the autopsy. And of course everything is dependent on condition of the body/how much is left of it."

I think the chances of an accident or suicide have certainly increased TMAN. I would like to see what the autopsy report shows before ruling out foul play, however. I think It was Cement posted a while back everything that should be looked at to determine COD. If it was Cement, could you please repost?

Sorry but, I'm still not ruling out foul play yet (yes, I'm stubborn). Someone still could have dumped/pushed him over the train track bridge location and tossed his keys up by the lot (even while participating in one of the searches) in hopes of making it look like he went in there, then floated downstream.

Me too, but I'm not stubborn :)
He entered the water- just not sure how or why yet.

Shane's body may have been found but there is still a mystery to this. And that goes for foul play or accident. I wonder the exact circumstances.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67
Back