PA - Shane Montgomery, 21, Philadelphia, 27 Nov 2014 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Are we to believe the NJ divers AND the marine unit/philly police and everyone who searched since the beginning did not search this spot before today?

I am just curious because I thought it would have been looked at,even for small clues like a wallet.

I wonder if the point of entry will be able to be determined and released.

Are we to believe the NJ divers AND the marine unit/philly police and everyone who searched since the beginning did not search this spot before today?

I am just curious because I thought it would have been looked at,even for small clues like a wallet.

I wonder if the point of entry will be able to be determined and released.

Its a Big River. They may have cover part of that area but as the diver said visibility is a factor. its a large river, its not small.

Can't imagine visibility being too much of a factor in 4 feet of water (which is why I believe GSURU found him...that and they have good equipment and technique....wondering why no one else did prior). But I guess that's none of my business (isn't there a Kermit meme for that?)

Its a Big River. They may have cover part of that area but as the diver said visibility is a factor. its a large river, its not small.
I was basing what I said off of the dive team saying they were confident he was not far from the edge. I believe that was said last week. Thats why I thought he would have been seen at this part during their first or second dive. But I understand that was not the case.

please take this time to respect the Family and give them a little privacy for a few days. Once something breaks I will post. At this time it would be a great time to use the resources of the people and this site to help the family of Paul Kochu in Pittsburgh

I agree. And perhaps better ways of keeping people AWAY from that river. High fences all around?

And a lesson to young people to have a heightened awareness of their friends when out drinking.
I was never a "partier" in my youth, but I will admit that on several occasions I probably did not keep an eye on my friends like I should have.
Sad that it takes a tragedy to look at things like this differently.

These thoughts fall at random.

I imagine it must be very difficult to be closely connected to someone who was only found deceased a few hours ago and to see strangers (well-meaning strangers, but strangers nonetheless) asking questions, speculating, and poking the case with a stick when the emotions are so raw and the loss so new and fresh.

Sleuthing (poking cases with sticks to see if we might uncover a helpful solution) is what's done here, and if you buy the Websleuths ticket then you take the Websleuths ride ... however, I don't think it's asking too much for everyone to look at where the other person is coming from and cut them some slack -- whether it's slack for being emotional or slack for continuing to have questions.

Sometimes when you hurt, all you want is to hear, "I'm sorry." Sometimes when you see someone hurting, the way that feels natural to you to help is to try and solve it.

There's room for both here, I hope.

In case anyone is interested, here is a diver being interviewed today.
It's a bit difficult to hear. Amazing what these people do...

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/clip/11001481/dive-team-finds-body-of-shane-montgomery

I posted this earlier. I do think these guys are fantastic at what they do.
The Schuykill is a big river, but compared to most rivers. It's not as deep. It's also narrower. Especially, where Shane was found. I'm happy the visibility factor was great today.
Sometimes, it's so murky- you can't see your hand in front of your face in there.

I just watched Channel 6 ABC coverage from Philadelphia. The one male reporter said that the area around the Brewery HAD been searched before. I'll have to stay tuned later to see if this same thing is said again or if it was a mistake on his part.

The Schuykill is a big river, but compared to most rivers. It's not as deep. It's also narrower. Especially, where Shane was found. I'm happy the visibility factor was great today.
Sometimes, it's so murky- you can't see your hand in front of your face in there.

The Diver who was on the video talking about his discovery of Shane exhibited both professionalism and compassion in both his words and his expression. I have the utmost respect for these individuals.

So sorry! Somehow I missed the interview when you posted it.

I just watched Channel 6 ABC coverage from Philadelphia. The one male reporter said that the area around the Brewery HAD been searched before. I'll have to stay tuned later to see if this same thing is said again or if it was a mistake on his part.

Hearing from the family in that coverage was so sad. They family deserves medals for their strength and especially the mom, dad,and uncle for their composure during media appearances to get the word out when the search was still on the ground.

please take this time to respect the Family and give them a little privacy for a few days. Once something breaks I will post. At this time it would be a great time to use the resources of the people and this site to help the family of Paul Kochu in Pittsburgh

Well, I personally won't be contacting the family, nor do I imagine anyone else from here will be either. Not sure if you're insinuating that us to continuing to post our thoughts here is invading their privacy? At any rate, I believe we are free to continue here until the thread is closed. Not having been here long, I've never seen a case where a thread is closed upon discovery of a body. The Beverly Carter thread is still going strong, months later. I do continue to read the Paul Kochu case, but as in this one, little news is available and we are just speculating there too. I pray they find him alive and soon.

Could he just recently ended up in the spot he was found? How much drifting could have happened in the last 2 weeks [the Garden STate dive team began searching Dec 21], if anyone knows.

Nope. If anything, IMO, close family to this case should stay off this forum for a few days. Not to be mean, but I imagine it's just too new and raw to them. Too personal. I can't imagine I'd want to come post on a forum if my loved one or friend had just been found dead. I'd imagine I'd be taking the time to mourn the loss of said person and spending time with my loved ones, offering help, etc. Anyway, I hope we are allowed to continue the discussion as I see none of us doing anything wrong.

Well, I personally won't be contacting the family, nor do I imagine anyone else from here will be either. Not sure if you're insinuating that us to continuing to post our thoughts here is invading their privacy? At any rate, I believe we are free to continue here until the thread is closed. Not having been here long, I've never seen a case where a thread is closed upon discovery of a body. The Beverly Carter thread is still going strong, months later. I do continue to read the Paul Kochu case, but as in this one, little news is available and we are just speculating there too. I pray they find him alive and soon.

Could he just recently ended up in the spot he was found? How much drifting could have happened in the last 2 weeks [the Garden STate dive team began searching Dec 21], if anyone knows.

I have no scientific idea. But, it reminds me of the Sarah Majoras case in Lambertville, NJ two years ago. It was thought that she fell into the canal in Lambertville @ 1/8-1/4 of a mile from where she eventually was found about 6 or so days later.

I want to see what the autopsy says but I still think Shane entered the water in the parking lot area his keys came loose and his body floated downstream towards the Brew Pub. His clothing was still on him and I just hope they can find some answers. But I am glad we have him home and with his parents.

Could it be determined by the medical examiners if he was unconscious when he went in the water? Sorry if that has been explained already.
It would make drowning in 4-5 ft of water more sensible.

I was shocked and saddened by this news today.

I still hate the fact that Shane was asked/told to leave Kildares.........For what?...bumping a dj table?..it was near closing time ........was he too messed up for them(k's)....to have him there so they made him go?

If that is the case......maybe we need to change alcohol venues responsibilities to their patrons well being..........kwim?

kicking him out......alone.....in the cold.....if they did that because they basically flagged him....then that is messed up.....alone.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67
Back