PA - Shane Montgomery, 21, Philadelphia, 27 Nov 2014 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So I know that a blood alcohol reading from a drowning victim can be drastically lower than it would be had it been taken when they were alive......I'm guessing along with actual numbers from the tests some guessing and estimation has to go on to come to a number they believe he would have been at at time of death. So.......if they come to the conclusion that his BAC was NOT high enough to render him intoxicated, then what? Will everyone still believe he ended up in that water accidentally (of his own accord....i.e. playing around and fell in, etc.)? Or will some change their views to suicide or what? Just wondering. And what then would you make of the stumbling video?

Respectfully submitted-but don't you have that backward? Wouldn't Shane likely have a higher than is accurate BAC due to being in the water? I recall that when Sarah Majoras' BAC came back super high, lots of people were saying that it was so high because of the condition of her body. I doubt that it'll mean much after all the time in the water. I wonder if drug test results will be made public-that might mean more, if the tox screen is accurate.

It wouldn't surprise me a bit to hear through the grapevine that staff at Kildare's are selling drugs

CementPond,
I'm not giving up, however I think my heart needs a break before I start formulating again.

I do believe the ME findings are accurate and correctly reflect what happened to Shane.
What I am wondering about, however, is if the family pursues any legal action against Kildare's.
I think that this would force people to go under oath as to what really happened in that bar.
I truly believe that he was intoxicated and should never have been thrown out on the street the way I believe he was.
Even if their case does not find Kildare's liable, they may be able to get some answers as to how this tragedy occurred.

I said it before, and I will say it again, young people need to take away a lesson from this when out with friends - you go into the bar together, you leave together.
Too many lives lost due to carelessness in what may have been preventable circumstances.
I pray for Shane's family that they are able to find some closure, whatever that is, and I pray for Shane's soul that he is resting in peace.

1) You can't leave together when you are packed in there like sardines elbow to elbow and one has to use the bathroom, etc.
2)You can't leave together when you are thrown out and not allowed to locate your friends

You've heard it here. They have known drug dealers working for them. I have received conformation on this. But, it's not my place to do anything about it. I stay out of Kildare's.
I agree known drug dealers that do not belong working there

You know, I have to throw the flag here. We can't be throwing terms like "known drug dealers" frivolously around, unless they are people convicted. Isn't that more of a rumor than a fact?

Well your wish is about to be granted at least as far as cameras go....this event is going to bring with it not just a bunch of green ribbons, it going to bring another type of green....money. This is a perfect opportunity to bring new surveillance laws! Harts and Minds and the right event are all they need and who could question that where all to stupid not to fall into the river, so expect the river to become a much more restricted area. I would think the local manayunk Government is ready to go on this one and is going to demand ''greater safety'' fencing, cameras, guards as well as other measures to keep people from getting into there soon to be claimed spaces. This isn't over...this is just beginning! Congratulations, your taxes are about to go through the preverbal roof ! It's a good thing, all in the name of LOVE and Safety, The free-range prison known as manayunk is about to get a little less free ! Maybe they'll make a ribbon in honor of that or hold a candle 'Fire' ceremony or maybe a funeral all in the name of safety, love and the farther death of your freedoms! The color grey's available and I hear there's a hundred shades of it.... Never let a crises go to waste.

I've actually read info supporting both what I wrote and what you have just stated. Either way the point is that they will most likely have a way of coming up with what they "believe" his levels were at. Not sure how they do it, however.

I was wondering if they would be made public too. I know in other similar cases the police usually give one final statement also, saying/explaining.....THIS is how we believe he came to be in the water. They will then go on to explain what they believe happened in the final minutes before his death. I wonder if they're even gonna bother? My guess is they won't.

As for Kildares and the drugs, I've read in various places on the Internet as well as hearing from family who are in the area, that some people inside definitely do.

Respectfully submitted-but don't you have that backward? Wouldn't Shane likely have a higher than is accurate BAC due to being in the water? I recall that when Sarah Majoras' BAC came back super high, lots of people were saying that it was so high because of the condition of her body. I doubt that it'll mean much after all the time in the water. I wonder if drug test results will be made public-that might mean more, if the tox screen is accurate.

It wouldn't surprise me a bit to hear through the grapevine that staff at Kildare's are selling drugs

You've heard it here. They have known drug dealers working for them. I have received conformation on this. But, it's not my place to do anything about it. I stay out of Kildare's.

I've encouraged my 24 yr old daughter to stay out of there, too. She actually said it's mostly college students who enjoy the atmosphere there, anyway, and that is what Kildare's seems to be catering to

It also wouldn't surprise me if the bouncer who put him out of the bar gave him a shot to the head as a sendoff-good reason not to have working cameras outside the bar...

Well your wish is about to be granted at least as far as cameras go....this event is going to bring with it not just a bunch of green ribbons, it going to bring another type of green....money. This is a perfect opportunity to bring new surveillance laws! Harts and Minds and the right event are all they need and who could question that where all to stupid not to fall into the river, so expect the river to become a much more restricted area. I would think the local manayunk Government is ready to go on this one and is going to demand ''greater safety'' fencing, cameras, guards as well as other measures to keep people from getting into there soon to be claimed spaces. This isn't over...this is just beginning! Congratulations, your taxes are about to go through the preverbal roof ! It's a good thing, all in the name of LOVE and Safety, The free-range prison known as manayunk is about to get a little less free ! Maybe they'll make a ribbon in honor of that or hold a candle 'Fire' ceremony or maybe a funeral all in the name of safety, love and the farther death of your freedoms! The color grey's available and I hear there's a hundred shades of it.... Never let a crises go to waste.

New cameras for all of Philly will be approved soon. Do not have an actual date.
Our taxes already more than doubled over the past year.
Just sayin

O/t That's sad Jmoose. I can understand your reasons and why you would think they still follow such ridiculous guidelines. Thank God that has changed. My husband had a similar situation with his dad when he died, but was divorced before he married his mom. He did eventually come back to the church when we were getting married and he had the opportunity to meet some wonderful priests, along with some of the changes in the church that needed to be made. Hey, our current pope has stated that our pets also go to heaven. Gotta love it.
Sorry for the loss of your aunt and the unfortunate circumstances you dealt with back then.

I've always known that pets go to heaven!

I can accept that it was accidental however the official autopsy has not been released. What I want to see happen is Kildaire's to be held accountable. Not just for Shane but for every patron who has been roughed up,roofied, had their cell phone stolen, etc. I want them to no longer be allowed to pack that bar beyond capacity. I want them to forced to do background checks on their employees. I want to be mandated if you serve alcohol you have working cameras inside and out. I know it's a risk to own a bar and I support business owners and it's difficult to deal with 20-something's intoxicated. At the same time you have to do things responsibly and Kildaire's needs to held accountable.

Yeah.....like Kildares kicking someone out who is messed up.....to have what happen?...oh I know....we all know now.

My only point is you have to be careful identifying someone as a drug dealer on a public forum. If that makes me wrong, so be it. That is why we are asked to provide links.

Nobody's been identified as a drug seller-I only said it wouldn't surprise me, and it wouldn't

New cameras for all of Philly will be approved soon. Do not have an actual date.
Our taxes already more than doubled over the past year.
Just sayin
Wow, sorry to hear that. Are you saying the legislation has been finalized or that the camera thing or is voluntary due to something that happened in a specific area/areas? I saw a news report from a few years back about devils pool [not city hall the other one] having a double drowning and as usual the vultures tried to bring the laws to restrict the access as well as wanting cameras. I don't know if they where successful with that event, maybe you know more about it ?

What bugs me the most isn't even the potential overserving and throwing a drunk man out because they dont want to deal with him. Yes, those are messed up and do bug me. But what bugs me the MOST is that Kildare's told Shane's family and authorities and the public that Shane appeared to be sober and not stumbling. And I think they added plenty of stuff and left out plenty of stuff in their story and statement.

I know they are trying to protect their business. I dont know if they could have done that while also cluing in the family/investigators that Shane was stumbling and drunk. But it still sickens me. They lied to a grieving family's face.

It was about a month ago- going by memory, when I was doing some research. A request was put in for more surveillance cameras. Mayor Nutter agreed- I guess they are waiting for approval. In the same article they were talking about body cameras on police officers. I'm not sure how it rolls, but it was shortly after the tax increase on tobacco. The propery taxes have doubled. They need a way to pay Philadelphias debt.

At this point I think everyone would consider it unseemly for Kildare's to make a statement now that Shane's been found-I'm not sure I would have even asked them for one

I agree. Just imagine for a minute if these people would have stopped and asked him who he came with and then helped him find them. Imagine if they sat him down and called him a cab seeing that he had had too much to drink. We wouldn't even be sitting here right now wondering how the heck he ended up where he is now. Despicable!

What bugs me the most isn't even the potential overserving and throwing a drunk man out because they dont want to deal with him. Yes, those are messed up and do bug me. But what bugs me the MOST is that Kildare's told Shane's family and authorities and the public that Shane appeared to be sober and not stumbling. And I think they added plenty of stuff and left out plenty of stuff in their story and statement.

I know they are trying to protect their business. I dont know if they could have done that while also cluing in the family/investigators that Shane was stumbling and drunk. But it still sickens me. They lied to a grieving family's face.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeTyler
Back