PA - Shane Pryor, 17, prisoner, escaped from Children's Hospital parking lot - dangerous - Philadelphia, 24 Jan 2024 *active search*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

ifindedout

Reaction score
Court documents show that a teen matching the age and name of the suspect was in custody on murder charges.
ETA: above link is a live video. Murder charge is from 2020

Last edited:
According to Attorney Paul DiMaio, who is representing the 17-year-old, Pryor and another teen were charged in the killing of 54-year-old Tanya Harris in an alleyway in Northeast Philly back on October 10, 2020.

Pryor’s mom says she believes her son escaped because efforts to have his case tried in juvenile court were recently denied.

"He's terrified out of his freaking mind because he's gonna turn 18 and he knows he is gonna be removed from the place he's been at for three and a half years to an adult prison with real murderers and real rapists. He's afraid for his safety," said the mom.

"He's terrified out of his freaking mind because he's gonna turn 18 and he knows he is gonna be removed from the place he's been at for three and a half years to an adult prison with real murderers and real rapists. He's afraid for his safety," said the mom.
(To his mother, not to you, ifind):
"Real" murderers? What about the murder of victim Tanya?? Okay then.
Gosh, talk about some deep denial from his mother. He is the one people are terrified of. He is a real murderer.

Also, as a Philadelphia resident and parent who has gone to the children’s hospital before, I suppose it makes sense he would be transported to CHOP for medical care, but it’s frightening to think he was able to get free in a building full of vulnerable children.

Gosh, talk about some deep denial from his mother. He is the one people are terrified of. He is a real murderer.

Also, as a Philadelphia resident and parent who has gone to the children’s hospital before, I suppose it makes sense he would be transported to CHOP for medical care, but it’s frightening to think he was able to get free in a building full of vulnerable children.

Why has it been three and a half years with no trial ? Lots of time to plot an escape....

Still on the lam. 18-year-old man charged with assisting escape. The Ford F-150 is no longer being sought.
A driver accused of picking up a teen murder suspect who fled from a Philadelphia children's hospital now faces charges, police said.

Michael Diggs, 18, is charged with hindering apprehension, escape, use of communication facility and criminal conspiracy, police said.

[...]

The daughter of the victim Pryor is accused of killing -- who asked not to be named -- told NBC10 that her family is devastated he was able to escape.

She said that Harris met Pryor through her son and took him in when he needed a place to stay for three months. During that time Harris provided food and a home for Pryor.

BTW, I bet his hand injury was just a ruse. From the original NBC10 story:

Shane Pryor was brought to CHOP for an apparent hand injury just before noon Wednesday and then fled from the Emergency Room parking lot, Philadelphia police said. He was not in handcuffs or shackles when he escaped, authorities said.

Found with a handcuff key...

Interesting update I heard on KYW 1060AM (Philadelphia news station) this afternoon: a teacher at the juvenile detention facility where SP was being held before he was taken to CHoP for treatment of his hand injury came forward today, after Pryor was captured, and told police SP had physically assaulted her before he was taken to CHoP (and subsequently escaped). When this was first reported, the victim was described as a “worker” so I pictured a guard and suspected the handcuff key might’ve been stolen by SP during this assault, but I think that’s less likely to be the case since, AFAIK, teachers likely don’t carry handcuff removal tools. (And, in fact, a U.S. Marshal is quoted in this story saying that “handcuff keys are easy for anyone to get from Amazon or a store.”)

The teacher said she’d waited to disclose this event to police while SP was on the lam because he had made threats towards her and her family. Thankfully he’s now been charged for the attack on her, along with the additional charges he was slapped with for the escape itself.

Last edited:
I'm having some issues with this case, not so much guilt/inocent but the case itself. He was arrested at 14, he's been locked up with no court hearings for 3 1/2 yrs. I know he's gone thru attorneys etc but still. That seems long for a minor to have to wait, Covid or not. the system has to do better on this. As for as his guilt/behavior and all the other stuff I don't have issues. Just bringing up the HUGE delay on the proceedings. IMO

I'm having some issues with this case, not so much guilt/inocent but the case itself. He was arrested at 14, he's been locked up with no court hearings for 3 1/2 yrs. I know he's gone thru attorneys etc but still. That seems long for a minor to have to wait, Covid or not. the system has to do better on this. As for as his guilt/behavior and all the other stuff I don't have issues. Just bringing up the HUGE delay on the proceedings. IMO
Story I linked above speculates the delay was due to arguments from SP and his lawyers that he should not be tried as a juvenile in spite of having been 14 at the time he murdered the poor woman who kindly welcomed him into her home when he had nowhere else to live. I guess the battle over where his trial would be held made it so that there really couldn’t be much action in terms pf hearings until the matterwas finally settled.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back