GUILTY PA - Six teen girls charged with beating mentally-disabled woman, Chester, 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You don't honestly think they will get 20 years do you?

Unless some have some wicked bad priors they will give them a few months in juvie and then some probation. There is no doubt some have done this before, that was a bold/fast beatdown which means it isn't their first rodeo.

My money is on them getting serious time. That video that speaks louder than words.

Disgusting "people". Throw away the key, and throw the "parents" in there with them.

She's innocent? Wasn't she caught on camera? If she was present at all, to me she is guilty. Problem obviously is mom doesn't make her monster take responsibility for her actions...which is why she is a monster.

I wonder how many of these "innocent" girls have a father, or even know who he is?

Pieces of crap, every single one of them. Way to go, mom. You are every bit as vicious and stupid.

Girl sentenced as adult in videotaped beating of mentally ill woman

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/b...as_adult_in_attack_on_mentally_ill_woman.html

January 30, 2013

A Delaware County teen pleaded guilty and was sentenced yesterday as an adult today in connection with a videotaped beating of a mentally ill woman in Chester that went viral.

Rahmiiyah Henderson, 16, is one of six charged in the vicious attack. She was sentenced to six to 23 months in Delaware County prison after pleading guilty to conspiracy to aggravated assault. She also received two years consecutive probation on the misdemeanor charge of recklessly endangering another person. In addition, Henderson will attend anger management classes.

She has been incarcerated since the September 28 incident.

I am scared for the future of late, as more and more teens seem to lack the most basic human trait of empathy...or at least it seems as though there are more and more. And not only that, but the degree of violence displayed by teens when in a "gang" setting is beyond belief.

I completely agree. I'm wondering if the world has become more violent and callous and sadistic or that such violence are reported and publicized more now. In other words, has the world changed or has it always been this way since the age of time but was kept hidden due to lack of reports by victims and/or the inaccessibility of the internet via youtube, facebook, and the like?

For instance, would we have discovered this crime had it not been for the stupidity of the girls in broadcasting on Fb?

I completely agree. I'm wondering if the world has become more violent and callous and sadistic or that such violence are reported and publicized more now. In other words, has the world changed or has it always been this way since the age of time but was kept hidden due to lack of reports by victims and/or the inaccessibility of the internet via youtube, facebook, and the like?

For instance, would we have discovered this crime had it not been for the stupidity of the girls in broadcasting on Fb?
The age old question. JMHO it is getting worse. The fact that we have "social media" and "instant communication" does seem to bring more and more of the violence to the masses. But, the viciousness, the lack of empathy, the defiant, no remorse attitude of a lot of these criminals is increasing. Just look at the shear numbers of mass shootings - several in the past two years alone. And now as I'm typing this CNN is reporting yet another shooting in Phoenix - two shot gunman on loose.

I don't have any solutions - don't even know where to begin. This world is changing and from the looks of it - it certainly isn't changing for the better.

JMHO

if, as she says, the daughter did nothing but did stand there looking as the others beat the woman that makes her guilty. if she was too scared to stop them she could have call the cops.
what were this girls expecting that the general public's reaction to this would be? party? recording contract?
i am a parent and i do hope that, if one of my kids does something wrong, we all be strong enough to accept the punishment they receive.

I wonder how many of these "innocent" girls have a father, or even know who he is?

Everyone has a father. However, you're correct in not everyone knows who their father is. That being said there's many people that grow up fatherless and don't beat up a woman for recreation.

The mom clearly needs mental help. It's enablers like her that make for mentally deranged and immoral children.

If she needs mental help, bourne then probably over 75% of the parents in this city need it too.

These kids grow up in violence. They see it all the time. Oh and the "It wasn't me" culture prevails. of course it isn't all families and all kids, but ultimately if it's even admitted they beat you down it will be your own fault. You looked at someone crooked or walked weird. You name it.

if only "AL and Jesse" would come outt in the media and denounce these lil punks actions perhaps it would be a sart to ending this type of violence.

Rose Red, thank you for the post proclaiming something we will never see in a lifetime.

Apparently this poor lady is not in a protected class. Just wanted to sit on her da*n step.

I bet that almost none of these young offenders were shown love and respect whilst growing up. Violence and abuse breeds violence and abuse. So sad.

Wow, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree does it? I wonder if her mother and aunt ore really Muslim or did they wear those clothes in order to not be as recognizable?

Everyone has a father. However, you're correct in not everyone knows who their father is. That being said there's many people that grow up fatherless and don't beat up a woman for recreation.

Thank you for this. There are many single women (me being one) that have raised their children alone and did a fine job. My children are both educated, working and responsible citizens. After my divorce their father chose not to be a part of their lives. It wasn't my choice.

INMO this is probably the most attention this girl has gotten from her mother. I'm not excusing what she did. It was horrible and I was hoping they would all get more time than the one girl did.

There's something seriously wrong with all of them.

If she needs mental help, bourne then probably over 75% of the parents in this city need it too.

These kids grow up in violence. They see it all the time. Oh and the "It wasn't me" culture prevails. of course it isn't all families and all kids, but ultimately if it's even admitted they beat you down it will be your own fault. You looked at someone crooked or walked weird. You name it.

I have always espoused that teenagers learn parenting skills in schools, churches or community centers so that when they become parents, they'd know how to teach their kids morality, respect, compassion and a balanced dose of self-esteem.

If 75% of parents are enablers and not willing to teach their children responsibility and accountability for their own actions, then yes, these parents need mental help and guidance.

Unless society changes to a more compassionate one where individual accountability and respect for other people are emphasized over entitlements (what other people and society "owe" you), then we'll see more abject incivility and violence.

We cite the U.S. Constitution and talk about our "inherent rights" all the time, e.g., our right to free speech and saying whatever the heck we want to others, our right to own guns, our rights to stand up to an oppressive government, etc. -- but we don't talk about how we must honor OTHER people's rights as well. And that with our rights also comes personal responsibility and accountability.

Our freedoms and rights should not infringe upon other people's freedoms, including their rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. All humanity has worth. We can't just pick and choose whose life is worthy and whose is not. We have to teach children -- and this teaching begins at home, with the parents as teachers -- that ALL life deserves honor, respect and compassion, not just life that happens to resemble yours in physical makeup (race, color, etc.) and what you consider normal behavior (unhandicapped, same IQ range as yours, etc.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob84999381
Back