PA - Six Wise family members murdered in Leola home, 12 April 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Coroner: 'Incredible Force' Killed Pa. Family Members

Some parts of the story.

LEOLA, Pa. — Six family members who were beaten to death over the weekend were attacked with so much force that each died almost instantly, a county coroner said Friday.

"They were hit with a blunt instrument with incredible force," Kirchner said, and the trauma resulted in "pretty much instant death."

"I don't think anybody suffered," Kirchner said.

Foxnews

The suspect's grandfather is a founding member of the Federation of Black Cowboys, a New York group that introduces inner-city children to horses.

I feel so bad for the grandfather and family and friends.
Cnn article from 2003spotlighting the grandfather

NEW YORK (AP) -- This cowboy rides into the sunset East Coast-style: black felt cowboy hat, pointy-toed boots and a white bandanna.

And New Yorkers love it.

Jessie Wise, a founding member of the Federation of Black Cowboys, takes particular pride in introducing inner-city children to horses and history -- especially the black influence in the Old West.

"The community loves us," said Wise, 62, who sports a Western-style handlebar mustache and runs a construction company. "There's nothing like the cowboys riding into town."

Shadow205 said:
There was already a thread on this. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38468
Perhaps one of the mods would be kind enough to combine them.
Hi Shadow205,
Thank-you for the post.

I did not see the thread about the other thread when I posted at 6:09pm.

I was watching the news at 6 when I saw the story.I glanced through the headlines on the Crimes in the news forum and quick and did not a headline.

So I posted it with the headline "Man Admits Killing 6 Family Members".

So that explains why when I checked the thread this afternoon the title that I used had someone elses name under it and the posts that I started that thread with ended up starting on the second page.Post # 33 is the actual start of the thread I posted.Thanks again Shadow.

Respectfully,
Dark_shadows

Lili said:
Oh, it might be about that bank robber that had 5 bodies buried in his yard...I heard something on local news about it recently...it's old news though.

Oh, here...

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2003-10-06-pa-bodies-found_x.htm
Hi Lili,
I just read your post from the begining of this thread.You posted a link with this in it.

WILKES-BARRE, Pa. (AP) — A convicted bank robber was charged with murder Monday in the deaths of two of the five people whose bodies have been found buried in his back yard. A second man was also charged.
Ex-con Hugo Selenski, 30, and the other man, Patrick Russin, 33, were charged with killing the two men during an attempted robbery and burning their bodies, prosecutors said.

Prosecutors said the two men were drug dealers who were robbed of $65 and three bags of crack cocaine before they were killed.

I read the article just now and I did not hear about that one before.That is horrible.
Thanks for the post.

Relatives were becoming frustrated with Wise's troubles with the law and were considering kicking him out of the house.

By Tom Murse And Janet Kelley
Lancaster New Era

Published: Apr 14, 2006 1:25 PM EST

LANCASTER COUNTY, PA - In the weeks before Jesse Dee Wise went on the worst killing spree in modern history here, his family had grown increasingly frustrated with him and his frequent run-ins with the law. At one point, Wise’s relatives threatened to throw him out of their Leola home.

“I got the impression his family was sick of him and were in the process of kicking him out. He was getting into too many problems,” an acquaintance said.Wise’s response?

“Two weeks ago he told a friend he hated his family. He said he wanted to kill them, but nobody took that seriously,” the acquaintance, Leo Reed, told the Daily News of New York, where the family once lived.
Wise, 21, has admitted to police that over the weekend he beat to death six members of his family living at 81 E. Main St. — from his 5-year-old cousin to his 64-year-old grandmother.

He went on to live in the home for days, until their bodies were discovered on Wednesday wrapped in bloody sheets and blankets and tossed onto a pile in the basement of the three-story home.

In the upstairs bedrooms, police discovered further markings of a brutal massacre: walls splattered with blood, hair and fragments of bone. In a guitar case they found a hammer and 17-inch metal club.

This morning, District Attorney Donald Totaro acknowledged there was “animosity” between Wise and his family, but he would not go into further detail about a possible motive.

Wise admitted killing all six during an interview late Wednesday and early Thursday with East Lampeter Township Police Detective Joseph Edgell and state police Trooper Gerard Sauers, according to court documents.

Wise methodically laid out for the detectives how he murdered each one between Saturday and Sunday. He began by strangling Jessie James Wise, then beat Skyler Richard Wise over the head with a blunt metal object, according to court documents.

He then beat both his aunts with a blunt metal object as well. Finally the killer turned his attention to his grandmother and his youngest cousin. He told the detectives he strangled them both.

After Wise had finished killing all six relatives, he told police, he carried all six bodies to the basement. For days, Wise continued to live there while his grandfather, 65-year-old Jessie Lee Wise Sr., who owned the home, was on business in New York.

The grandfather had called home but received no answer. The family, including the elder Wise’s wife, Emily, was supposed to have joined the businessman in New York, John Sean Adams told police, but no one had heard from them since Friday.

Concerned, the elder Wise on Wednesday contacted Adams, 24, who has been described as a grandson. Adams lives in New Holland.
more at link:http://local.lancasteronline.com/4/22021

Unfrickingbelieveable. My husband called me and told me about this the other day. WTF is wrong with people? Geez, his family helped him out, and this is how he repays them?

concernedperson said:
His girlfriend said he seemed happy after the killings.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,191888,00.html

I heard that his grandparents raised this guy...I believe it was after his parents died. How is that for graditude? I wonder why no one ran out of the house for help while he was beating someone else? Were they asleep when it happened. They must have been for him to overtake both of the teenagers.

I feel so bad for the grandpa. They have a beautiful home in a really nice neighborhood. It looks like half of the family lived with grandma and grandpa.
Can you imagine coming home to that horror and to find out that your own grandson was the cause. He went to I believe it was Wendys and ate right after the murders. That says something about him.

I don't have much to add. Nothing new has been reported other than what you guys have found ad posted. I drove past the house this afternoon. The first time I went past, there was one police car and two officers standing guard. The second time, two cars and five officers. The house is directly across from a pretty large business (Dart Container) and there were some people parked there today (Easter) watching the house. Not policemen that I know of, at least not dressed in uniform.
The street is a fairly busy one. It's Route 23, a main throughofare between New Holland/Lancaster and well traveled. The house is pretty large and sits close to the street. I have passed it hundreds of times and never noticed it before, and now I will never forget it. :(

This literally happend right down the street from me. Blocks away, easy walking distance. RIP to the victims, and the grandfather who lost so much. Justice was served, but it cannot be a comfort to the grandfather. May God help him to find comfort.

http://local.lancasteronline.com/4/205701

"It's hard for me to come to terms with the gravity of the crimes I committed," Wise said during the 10-minute-long statement, during which he paused numerous times to sob quietly.

Wise, saying his words and his life sentence "can never come close to equaling the crimes against my family," told Judge David Ashworth that he does not seek favor with the court.

"I bear the guilt of my crimes fully on my shoulders," Wise said. "I am extremely sorry for what I've done. I can't fathom the pain I've inflicted on the victims, both directly and indirectly.

"I was confused, misguided, deluded and lastly deranged," Wise said.

In presenting the plea agreement this morning, Assistant District Attorney Craig Stedman said that the remaining members of the victims' family "did not wish to pursue the death penalty," if Wise was willing to accept responsibility.

And in a statement read on behalf of the family by Pam Grosh, the program director of Lancaster County's victim-witness program, the family acknowledged the "awful thing" Wise had done, but added: "We as a family would not want Jesse Wise to receive the death penalty."

Jesse D. Wise

Dispostion Date: 06/15/2007
Guilty Plea

Offense: 6 counts of 1st Degree Murder
Sentence: 6 consecutive life terms

Offense: 1 count Attempted Murder
Sentence: 10-20 years concurrent to life sentences

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors