PA PA - Strasburg, 'Baby Allison', WhtFem Newborn, UP16602, in burn barrel @ Amish school, Dec'03

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe the mother was somehow connected to the school? IDK it just seems like a strange place to choose randomly to me.

''CrimeStoppers is offering a reward for information as Pennsylvania State Police continues to investigate "Baby Allison's" death in 2003.

Police responded on Dec. 31, 2003, to an Amish schoolhouse in the 500 block of Weaver Road for a death investigation. During the investigation, officers found a baby girl's body in a burn barrel.

A group of students discovered her body behind the Sycamore School, according to previous reporting. The 6-pound, brown-haired, blue-eyed infant still had her umbilical cord attached and her throat had been cut.

Genetic testing determined it was highly unlikely that Baby Allison or her mother were from the Plain Sect, and that Baby Allison was predominantly of European ancestry, according to previous reporting.

State police previously told LNP | LancasterOnline that they have ruled out up to 20 women as the baby's mother.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Pennsylvania Crime Stoppers Toll Free at 1-800-4PA-TIPS (8477) or online by clicking this link. All callers remain anonymous and could be eligible for a $5,000 cash reward for information that leads to an arrest, the solving of a crime/cold case or the location of a wanted or missing person.''

Dec 29 2022 Author: Kayleigh Johnson
LANCASTER COUNTY, Pa. — An unidentified baby girl was found dead in a burn barrel in Lancaster County 19 years ago, police say.
The cold case remains under investigation.
Law enforcement found the baby on Dec. 31, 2003, when they responded to an Amish schoolhouse on Weaver Road in Strasburg Township for a death investigation.

Pennsylvania State Police in Lancaster County continue the search for clues into who killed her. Troopers are asking for members of the public to step forward with any information they may have.
All callers to Pennsylvania Crime Stoppers remain anonymous and could be eligible for a cash reward for information that leads to an arrest, the solving of a crime/cold case or the location of a wanted person/fugitive or missing person.
There is a $5,000 reward being offered for information that leads to solving this cold case. Tips can be submitted online or by calling 800-472-8477.''

It's not often that my eyes nearly bulge right out of my head but seeing the headline of this thread made them do that. Just ugh. Has the mother not heard of adoption???? Jeez. This is so sad. :(

It's not often that my eyes nearly bulge right out of my head but seeing the headline of this thread made them do that. Just ugh. Has the mother not heard of adoption???? Jeez. This is so sad. :(
And I'm sure there are plenty of online place you can discuss alternatives. The fact is that the baby is deceased, so a billion ranting posts about alternatives, like adoption, won't help here. (Yes I'm all for adoption - I'm an adoptive parent of two great young people). However all the "what if" scenarios we pose will be untested/unproven until genetic genealogy is carried out. Please keep your eye on the end-game - ID'ing this baby. Vilification of both parents and anyone else involved can wait until their identities are known and the circumstances proven.

Looks from your post like you have amazing, focused energy - maybe you might try lobbying @othram or DDP or Identifinders or even law enforcement to do genetic genealogy on this case.

Bumping case up. Hopefully it can still be solved by DNA. This isn't even a typical "left a baby by the road in a panic" case. They made sure the baby wouldn't survive.
Here's her NamUs listing:

I think of all the people out there who cannot have a child....and would have given this previous baby a loving and nurturing home...makes me sad and angry all at the same time.

Bumping case up. Hopefully it can still be solved by DNA. This isn't even a typical "left a baby by the road in a panic" case. They made sure the baby wouldn't survive.
Here's her NamUs listing:

I would love it if @othram was able to get involved to give this sweet baby some justice!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck
Back