GUILTY PA - Susan, 44, & Sarah Wolfe, 38, murdered in their Pittsburgh home, 6 Feb 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It doesn't appear anything was taken. This article says the killer spent 2 hours in the home.

But what we do know is that sources say 44-year-old Susan Wolfe, a teacher’s aide, was beaten and thrown naked down the stairs of her East Liberty home. Early reports say she was not raped.

Sarah came home 2 hours after Susan had been in the home. Most likely during the beating of her sister.

LE is looking into a homeless man Susan had befriended.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014...ing-sister-off-of-bus-prior-to-double-murder/

One article stated that Susan told someone that she had a 5:30 pm appointment. Was it with a homeless man that she had befriended? :(

New article says they have a suspect for the earlier home burglary but don't feel this is connected to the murders

The sisters cell phones were taken

The 44-year-old teacher's aide was beaten and possibly dragged into the Chislett Street basement, according to two sources. Police think the killer might have removed her clothes in an effort to clean up the scene.

Her sister, Sarah, 38, was found fully clothed nearby with her coat only half-removed.

Read more: http://triblive.com/news/allegheny/5575456-74/sarah-sisters-wolfe#ixzz2t5FfYSJE
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

My guess is a "friendly" co-commuter offered to do some work on the home, maybe give estimates on painting, ect. This is Susan's "5:30 appointment". So they get off the bus together and once he is in the home he attempts a sexual assault. Sarah come home during this assault and both are murdered.

WTAE TV just said that the sisters viewing is tomorrow and their funerals are Friday.
LE just got 'tight lipped' according to reporter. More investigation into someone that road the same bus and more info from the car. Looking at all video tapes.

With one victim found naked and possibly doused in bleach, it doesn't sound anything like a burglary gone wrong to me. In fact, in restrospect, the first burglary sounds like an attempted sex assault/murder gone wrong to me. The perp didn't find the victim so made do with stealing stuff instead.

I think the house was likely to have been trashed, if that was the case.

It could have been a perp laying a false trail in advance, hoping to lead police into thinking the killings were a result of a robbery gone wrong. But that would take a very cold, calculating mind. Unlikely such a perp would then have messed the whole scenario up by leaving one victim naked.

Very, very dangerous person in my opinion. Probably a big risk to other women he knows too (I do think victims knew him). I hope they catch him soon.
The article that RedCardinal posted says two TV's were taken in the first burglary:
<snipped>
The house was the site of a burglary in which two televisions were taken Dec. 30, Susan's birthday.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/local/c...ght-before/stories/201402110167#ixzz2t9IP0gCM
Another article states that the house had been ransacked:
Hillel Academy officials told Pittsburgh’s Jewish Chronicle newspaper that Susan Wolfe had told of returning to the home to find it ransacked in December.

Read more: http://forward.com/articles/192563/police-may-have-suspect-in-double-murder-of-pittsb/#ixzz2t9J3pSI9
I interpret that to mean the house was trashed. So, burglar may have been looking for something other than electronics.....cash, jewelry....and left with the only valuables they could find.

If the 2 incidents are not linked, it is all the more tragic that these 2 sisters were targeted, in a neighborhood that neighbors describe as safe and peaceful, twice within 3 months of moving in. On the other hand, the burglary may have been a blessing of sorts if it induced the sisters to purchase security cameras that will lead to the arrest and conviction of the killer.

I'm just so saddened to think of the joy the women must have felt initially to share such a lovely home and then have their safety violated twice within 3 months of their move.....and the second time, in the worst way. :(

WTAE TV just said that the sisters viewing is tomorrow and their funerals are Friday.
LE just got 'tight lipped' according to reporter. More investigation into someone that road the same bus and more info from the car. Looking at all video tapes.
Since LE isn't posting surveillance pics of the suspect, I'm inclined to think they are familiar with the suspect and are tracking him down. They don't want to scare him into hiding, but if he isn't already in hiding I'm surprised LE hasn't made an arrest yet.

Susan Wolfe, 44, is shown on video surveillance tape sitting together with the unknown man as she rode home from her job at the Hillel Academy in the upscale Squirrel Hill neighborhood Thursday night.

Police investigators were able to track the use of Wolfe&#8217;s automated bus fare card, which allowed them to focus on video from a particular bus at a specific time, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported.

Read more: http://forward.com/articles/192651/slain-pittsburgh-jewish-school-aide-susan-wolfe-se/#ixzz2tAH9Y59N

New local newscast, telling people to lock all doors and windows.

While O&#8217;Connor cannot speak about the investigation directly, he gave advice to residents and reiterated the increased uniformed patrols in the area and surrounding neighborhoods.

Also a clip of Dr. Wecht talking about how dousing a victim in bleach is rare.

Read more: http://www.wtae.com/news/local/alle...-advised-to-lock-doors/24445382#ixzz2tBU8qMZN

My local news WTAE TV (ABC) just said 6 days and the killer is still on the loose. East Liberty area residents asked to keep all door/windows locked. Be on the look out for unusual activities.
IMOO LE knows who, just looking for him. No names, but must think he is around East Liberty area.

If they know who the guy is, why not put him on blast and alert people to who it is so they can get him off the streets? I mean, if he is homeless there's a possibility he has contact with at least a few different service providers who can turn him in. Then again, maybe LE has already reached out to those providers.

What a heartbreaking story! Who did this and why? Why was it necessary to shoot the 2 ladies? Do homeless people carry guns? How do the homeless pay for bus fares? We do know Sarah's boyfriend had a key to the home, we do not know how long she knew him,
apparently he had a wife in 2010 she moved to the West Coast.

There are quite a few Sex Offenders around the area where the home is, it's alarming how many! What about a Serial Killer? The Corner said he had never seen bleach used at a crime scene before, some one didn't want caught.

Reading over the condolences at Tributes.com for Susan & Sarah the following was stated:-
"Suzy was an A-1 person, activist, and friend. I feel very fortunate to have had the chance to work alongside her against the Gulf War, for reproductive freedom, against the Klan and neo-Nazi groups, and against the Board of Regents' policy forbidding "unusual and unexpected" classroom materials between the years 1990 and 1995 in Iowa City. I will always remember her unique personality, quirky sense of humor, and how fun it was to be around her."

The "neighbors" may have described the neighborhood as safe and peaceful, but I don't know too many people who live in the Pittsburgh area who would describe East Liberty as "safe". Sorry, but just NOT the word that comes to mind for that area.

In addition, a newspaper article from their home town in Des Moines, Iowa, describes the nearby neighborhood of Highland Park as being "affluent". Which it has not been since probably around 1910.

The "neighbors" may have described the neighborhood as safe and peaceful, but I don't know too many people who live in the Pittsburgh area who would describe East Liberty as "safe". Sorry, but just NOT the word that comes to mind for that area.

In addition, a newspaper article from their home town in Des Moines, Iowa, describes the nearby neighborhood of Highland Park as being "affluent". Which it has not been since probably around 1910.

AlwaysShocked I'm reading that Squirrel Hill is a more affluent community would you agree with that?

Been checking this thread daily hoping for an arrest. If the person that killed these sisters was in the home for a couple of hours I would think some dna was left behind some place in that home. Maybe the toilet seats or flush handles, or items in the refrigerator. jmo

ciao

There is a In Memory of Dr. Wolfe page on Facebook.

There is also a Friends of Sarah Fund Raiser on the same page.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave
Back