PA - Suspect in rape of 11 yr old beaten by neighbors

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I live outside of Philly. The neighbors beat him up because his name was released to the media. They didn't beat him up based on the video. I am glad he got what he deserved. He has a long rap sheet and the people of Philly are at their breaking points with crimes against the chilcdren and elderly. If I was a cop and happened upon this beating, I would have driven up and then told everyone that I was going to drive around the block and when I come back that they should be done with the beating so I can cuff him and take him to jail and there would be no 'witnesses" tee hee
My prayers go out to the little girl and her family. I heard she needed surgery :*(

Mayor Nutter says the rape was a horrendous crime and he's glad the potential suspect is in custody:

"I'm glad that that part of the situation has been resolved. It will go forward through the normal criminal justice process. But it's a further demonstration that Philadelphians care passionately about the city, about our quality of life, and certainly about our children."

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Welcome, Valeenmur! Great first post! I wholeheartedly agree with everything. I don't know where to start, though. :(

http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2009/06/03/news/doc4a26ba9989030758075470.txt

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A man sought for questioning in the rape of an 11-year-old girl was upgraded to stable condition Wednesday, a day after he was severely beaten by angry neighbors who recognized him from a photo distributed by police.

Thankfully he has been upgraded and I can stop worrying about the neighbors getting charged.

My 18 yr old comes home everyday from school and watches HLN on CNN. He just said that they are reporting that the man beaten was wanted for questioning.

That does change things for me a bit. Initially I satisified that a man that had raped an 11 yr old girl had gotten his just deserts but now I can see a point my son made when he heard that...he said "Mom, they only announced he was wanted for questioning. What if the neighbors got the wrong guy and he wasn't the one that did it."

Good question~what if?

The LE probably as the right guy, but I have to backtrack now and say I hope and pray the man that was beaten was the actual perp. There is a possibility he isn't...slim but possible.

O/T but my son was the one that said that he agrees that the man that did rape that little girl got what he deserved but that it sounded to him like vigilante justice and he says that is a scary thing if the general public takes the laws into their own hands and thereby breaks the laws. He's a good kid, he's going in the Army soon. I'll miss him.

I can't support vigilante justice when the police hadn't had a chance to prosecute him yet. I know he has a rap sheet and that he was still on the streets so that may qualify for a lot of you, but as much as I understand it I can't support it. One reason I can't is because I had a lot of friends from this part of Philly. Part of the vigilante justice used in this city was beating hookers up because they felt hookers were ruining their town. Yes, there are slippery slopes.
I am all for citizens accosting suspects on their own though, and using some force to detain them. I am absolutely pro self-defense.
What we can do is try to fix the system by lobbying for better laws, writing to our representatives and not turning a blind eye to crimes in our neighborhoods.

http://cbs3.com/video/?id=81350@kyw.dayport.com

new video showing the approach of the perp and his following of the 2 girls on the way to the daycare.

When the suspect was caught he was still wearing shorts ( seen in video) underneath pants that were covered in blood they beleive was from the 11 yr old victim.. they are conducting DNA tests now... other evidence is mounting as well

The victim has been released from the hospital and is home with her family.

I hope that she recovers both physically and mentally. She will carry this psychological wound for the rest of her life. It may heal but it will always be there and it has changed her in that way, she will never again be the 11 yr old girl that she was before the attack.

God bless her.

This morning they interviewed the little girl's grandmother and mother. The little girl REQUESTED to watch the video of this man getting beaten by neighbors...it brought her some small sense of safety and satisfaction. That alone makes it more than okay in my book!

The mother said...nights are incredibly difficult for the girl and she isn't sleeping much. She had to have surgery to repair the damage this monster did to her.

I am THRILLED no charges will be brought against those that beat this

I heard on the radio this morning (sorry no link) that the "mob" put the "beat down" on another guy - they thought was the suspect earlier.

So although, it looks like they got the right guy the second time someone else was injured because he looked like this guy. I do think this slimebag got what he deserved but I also think we have police for a reason and I hope he doesn't get out on some technicality because of this.

I heard on the radio this morning (sorry no link) that the "mob" put the "beat down" on another guy - they thought was the suspect earlier.

So although, it looks like they got the right guy the second time someone else was injured because he looked like this guy. I do think this slimebag got what he deserved but I also think we have police for a reason and I hope he doesn't get out on some technicality because of this.
That is true, I read it also.

Welcome, Valeenmur! Great first post! I wholeheartedly agree with everything. I don't know where to start, though. :(

Thank you SDkid. I get soo frustrated with the laws that protect these sickos.:mad:

I contacted my state rep and she encourages everyone to write/e-mail their state reps and senators and continue to lobby for harsher sentences and NO parole for SO's.
Parents, we have a voice, lets use it!

Thank you SDkid. I get soo frustrated with the laws that protect these sickos.:mad:

I contacted my state rep and she encourages everyone to write/e-mail their state reps and senators and continue to lobby for harsher sentences and NO parole for SO's.
Parents, we have a voice, lets use it!

You are right.

I know that vigiliantism (sp) is wrong. I have often talked about it being wrong. But yes, in this case I was happy to see that the perp got a beat down. Why? Because I am tired of seeing SO's being put on probation or put in jail for 6 mos. after they have raped a child. They serve so little time, yet the child may suffer for a lifetime. So if the court won't serve to punish them, then excuse me if I take a little pleasure in at least one recieving a little measure of the pain and fear that little girl felt.

Too many times after a rape the court seems to totally disregard the child's ongoing psychic pain. Why is the physicological damage not recognized by the court? Even the media? I have seen where kids were missing, later found and had been raped. And the media will essentially say they are 'okay' I have even seen media say they were 'uninjured.' Okay? Rape doesn't leave anyone okay, let alone a child. Yet unless they were beaten, stabbed or shot, they are considered okay? It is attitudes like that that allows the court to say "since the child wasn't injured, he gets probation."

This guy was a known SO. He deserved the beat down even before he raped that poor child IMHO. The media released his name and the neighbors knew where to find him. The neighbors confronted him and he took off, but they caught up with him and let him have it.

The police commisioner has decided no charges will be filed against the "angry mob"

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=6848229

This guy was a known SO. He deserved the beat down even before he raped that poor child IMHO. The media released his name and the neighbors knew where to find him. The neighbors confronted him and he took off, but they caught up with him and let him have it.

The police commisioner has decided no charges will be filed against the "angry mob"

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=6848229

Not only are they not going to file charges, they have given two people in the "angry mob" the reward money.

http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2009/06/05/news/doc4a27a37b4c4a8094199042.txt

The Philadelphia chapter of the Fraternal Order of Police had offered a reward in the rape case. FOP president John McNesby said two people who helped apprehend Carrasquillo will split the $11,500 reward. While saying he doesn't condone violence, McNesby said they should be commended.

Drugs and a hatred of black people drove Carrasquillo to rape the little girl.

He plead guilty. Carrasquillo who is Latino hates black people so he rapes a child? I call BS on that.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/homepage/100446634.html?cmpid=15585797

As far as street justice goes where this guy comes from that's the way it is. I am not condoning it, but they had the guy on video in a school. People knew him. However, if someone in another neighborhood beat the crap out of someone wanted for questioning they'd have all been locked up. If everyone got a reward for kicking *advertiser censored*s on a child rapist I bet there'd be way fewer of them. However, we're supposed to obey the law.

Personally I wish they'd have beat him up way worse. I'm amazed they didn't. Then again I'm a mean person when it comes to child rapists.

Hey, I want to move to this neighbourhood... "Officer, never saw a thing, never heard a thing, no idea whatcha talking about".

No honestly I don't think you would want to live in that neighborhood.

Definately it's an "Officer I never saw a thing, never heard a thing, no idea whatcha talking about" kind of place. However, that would include any and all drug dealing, any and all burglaries, shootings, and I could go on and on. Personally I don't think that's a bad thing in most cases. It's pretty much it's own world where this por child was assaulted. The cops aren't on their list of favorites.

Wait I'm lying. Nobody would even say "Officer I didn't see anything". They wouldn't answer a cop. Maybe a shake of the head or a shrug.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaximusWolff
Back