PA - Temple University Police Officer - Fatally Shot - Philadelphia County - 18 Feb 2023 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The two teens who had been with Pfeffer before the attack provided key information that led investigators to the 18-year-old, who police say went on to commit a carjacking and flee the crime scene — first to his father’s house in North Philadelphia, then to his mother’s home in Bucks County. He was arrested at the bucolic Boxley Farm property Sunday.

What wow the father also so he went 2 his dad home then called mommy 2 come and get him my guess would b

I believe that also because don’t forget 2 teens got caught it was at the police station so probably right about that we will find out more as it comes out but I really wouldn’t doubt that at all and the mom she knew something I was at first saying she couldn’t of knew but now that lady knew when she picked him up maybe not all but knew he was in trouble of some sort
Aiding and abetting ?
Possibly.
Smh.
M00.

Any potential for getting the thread renamed to include the officer’s name? I want to see his name everywhere and the suspect given the attention he probably loves. MOO

The officer down is named Chris Fitzgerald.

I don’t know how to tag an admin so any advice is welcomed.

Any potential for getting the thread renamed to include the officer’s name? I want to see his name everywhere and the suspect given the attention he probably loves. MOO

The officer down is named Chris Fitzgerald.

I don’t know how to tag an admin so any advice is welcomed.
I meant DON’T give the suspect the attention. Can no longer edit…

Wow. Splitsville, yet both mom and dad are of like minds as enablers. Since that's a pretty nice house in Bucks County, I wonder if the affluenza card will get played. MOO

9 May Court Date
Temple University Police Officer Christopher David Fitzgerald, 31 - Fatally Shot - Philadelphia County - 18 February 2023 ***Arrest***

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/Report/CpCourtSummary?docketNumber=MC-51-CR-0003119-2023&dnh=tA3n8oKDDZvAD/Ao8cXPjw==

Google™ Supplements & Updates:
Christopher Fitzgerald :: Miles Pfeffer - Google Search
So far this year, Seventeen (17) Law Enforcement Officers have died in USA line of duty.
www.odmp.org

Police Officer Christopher Fitzgerald

Police Officer Chris Fitzgerald was shot and killed while attempting to arrest a robbery suspect near 1700 W Montgomery Street in Philadelphia at about 7:30 pm.
www.odmp.org
www.odmp.org
www.odmp.org

Checked the dockets today, still scheduled for tomorrow, 9:00 am.
It looks like there’s a continuance until July now. I wonder what the reasoning is?

Edited to add: it looks on the docket that he is being defended by a public defender… I find that surprising due to his family connections? If somebody else has seen an attorney mentioned, I’d like to look them up.

Moo

Last edited:
“Defendant Jill Petruska and Defendant George Shaw housed, clothed and fed Defendant Miles Pfeffer at their luxury home in Buckingham Township,” the lawsuit said. “It was here that Defendant Miles Pfeffer had a safe haven and ready access to multiple firearms. Indeed, his mother picked him up and drove him back to the Buckingham property after her son had finished slaughtering Christopher Fitzgerald.”

The lawsuit also accuses Pfeffer’s mother, her boyfriend and Pfeffer’s father of ignoring multiple warning signs from the teen prior to the deadly shooting, including mental health issues as well as a bomb scare at his high school.

“Despite the repeated signs, including multiple juvenile offenses, multiple school infractions, a bomb scare, and threats to bring weapons to school, Defendants Petruska, Shaw, and Mark Pfeffer failed to take the necessary steps to avoid catastrophe,” the lawsuit says.

Pfeffer waives his right to preliminary hearing; Fitzgerald's family presses Philadelphia DA Larry Krasner for the death penalty
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) -- The father of fallen Temple University police officer Christopher Fitzgerald wants the death penalty for Miles Pfeffer, who's charged in the officer's murder, they said after a court hearing Tuesday.

Pfeffer, 19, is charged with murder, robbery and other offenses after police say he shot and killed Fitzgerald, who was trying to stop a carjacking at 17th Street and Montgomery Avenue, off Temple's main campus, on Feb. 18, 2023.

Pfeffer appeared in court Tuesday in Philadelphia for a preliminary hearing - which he waived. The case will continue moving through the judicial process and Fitzgerald's family says they will be there at every hearing.

Shortly after seeing Pfeffer in court for the first time since his arrest 11 months ago, Fitzgerald’s family gathered outside the courthouse and called on District Attorney Larry Krasner to seek the death penalty in the case.

“What we’d like to see is this person to go through the pain that our son went through, to go through the suffering that our family is going through,” Joel Fitzgerald, a former Philadelphia police officer, said of his son’s alleged killer.

[...]

Joel Fitzgerald said he wants Krasner to make a decision before Pfeffer’s next court appearance on Feb. 13.

Jane Roh, a spokesperson for Krasner’s office, declined to comment.

Prosecutors made the announcement during an arraignment for 19-year-old Miles Pfeffer Wednesday morning. Pfeffer’s lawyers waived his presence in court and said he pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder.

[...]

The death penalty is part of Pennsylvania law, though it has not been carried out in the last 25 years.

Joseph Marrone, a lawyer representing Fitzgerald’s family, blasted District Attorney Larry Krasner’s decision, saying the “elected DA should advocate for justice for victims and survivors, not be the impediment.”

Marrone said the Fitzgerald family had prior meetings with Krasner, but instead of calling them himself to inform them of his decision, a District Attorney’s Office supervisor called them late Tuesday night. And, when they tried to speak with Krasner, Marrone said he refused to talk to them.

A disgrace...but they're not executing anyone in Pennsylvania anyway, so a sentence of life without parole would cost the taxpayers a lot less money, and the trial would not take 5-7 years to get underway.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LouTanner
Back