Found Deceased PA - Timothy Kravchenko, 19, traveled from MA, minor veh crash, left the scene, unf w/area, no phone, Girard Twp., 25 Feb 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
65e0bb5e642cc.image.jpg

Police say Timothy Kravchenko, 19, of Chicopee, Mass. crashed his vehicle near the intersection of Gillingham Road and Ridge Road near Lecontes Mills and fled the scene prior to PSP arrival.

More at Troopers seeking whereabouts of missing Massachusetts teen

Police say Timothy Kravchenko was reportedly involved in a minor vehicle crash over the weekend, near the intersection of Gillingham Road and Ridge Road in Girard Township.

Is he on foot? His vehicle is not described in the articles.

Chicopee MA to Girard Twp., PA is about 475 miles.

Google Maps

Last edited:
Police say Timothy Kravchenko, 19, of Chicopee, Mass. crashed his vehicle near the intersection of Gillingham Road and Ridge Road near Lecontes Mills and fled the scene prior to PSP arrival. Kravchenko is now listed as a missing person in Massachusetts.

The teen traveled from Chicopee to Pennsylvania on Feb. 24 and after the crash the next day, his family and friends have not heard from him since. He is not familiar with the area, police say, and allegedly does not have a phone to contact anyone for assistance.

Possible head injury even if it was a minor crash
Somewhat reminiscent of Patricia Meehan

I don’t see any water nearby, so that’s good. I wonder why they are saying he “fled” the scene? Did anybody actually see him? There was a man a couple of years ago on here who crashed in a rural area. He was disoriented and found a camper to sleep in for several days until he was found. I know it’s not likely, especially with his wallet still being in his car, but he also could have been carjacked prior to the wreck. I’d try to figure out where he last got gas. Hope he’s found soon.

CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – A Chicopee man who was reported missing last week after a car crash in Pennsylvania was found dead.
(..)
Clearfield County Coroner Kim Shaffer Snyder told our Nexstar affiliate station WTAJ that 19-year-old Timothy Kravchenko of Chicopee was found dead Sunday morning in Girard Township, Pennsylvania. An autopsy was performed on his body Monday but results are still being reviewed at this time.

Such sad news. If the crash was minor (as described in early reports) I wonder what happened? Yes you can very definitely get a head injury in a minor crash, and maybe hypothermia after wandering off disoriented and possibly not being clear-minded enough to get help. I’m really curious about why autopsy report needs more review. I wonder if anything will be reported to the public.

Rest in peace, Timothy, and may those who love him find comfort.
MOO

So I live in near the area he went missing and found. I am so perplexed by this and no one locally is saying much. Where this person crashed is a very remote area, way off a beaten path. If he were traveling through PA, especially with no phone, it interests me because the location of his vehicle is just odd. He must have been lost, however also a very unusual area for a one vehicle accident. Not a high speed area, very low traffic. I heard a rumor that his girlfriend is a student at Penn State University, not too far away, but again, the location is way off-a road that would only ever be traveled by locals. I am hoping some more information is released about this because I’m so confused by the complexity of it all. The family did come from Massachusetts, asking local folks if they can search their sheds, barns, etc.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpond1972
Back