Deceased/Not Found PA - William Morse, 59, Luzerne County, Sugarloaf Township, 11 Jun 2018 *Son Arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How awful. How can you kill your own father?!?!

I would be very willing to believe that seven million dollar trust fund had a lot to do with it. Sadly, money is more important to some people than blood ties. The local paper reported he was given power of attorney to all his fathers assets shortly after reporting him missing and was already digging into that money.
They also reported that on Monday a bag was found by police on the property that contained the son's cell phone and a note taking all responsibility for the murder and stating his Mother Robin, the ex wife, was in no way responsible for the death.

Morse Family Speaks Out
SUGARLOAF TWP., LUZERNE COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) — The family of a Luzerne County man who police say was murdered by his son is speaking out.

59-year-old Bill Morse from Sugarloaf Township went missing in June 2018. His son William was charged this week with his murder. The details of this crime, the allegations, as laid out by state police investigators are shocking. Eyewitness News spoke with Bill Morse’s brother, the uncle of the accused. He says the entire family is still trying to come to grips with all of this.

“The details were horrific. Heartbreaking,” Bob Morse said.

Bob Morse, who we first interviewed along with his sister back in September, lives in the Philadelphia area. We spoke via telephone.

“We were shocked at the findings you know. We’re just hopeful that the investigation continues to move forward. Justice is served for my brother,” Bob Morse said.

Morse says he and other family members just want this nightmare to end.

“We’re getting through it. It does bring some closure to the whole family. It is difficult,” Bob Morse said.

Bob Morse did not want to comment on the fact that his nephew is charged with the murder. He simply wants justice for his brother.

William Morse will have a preliminary hearing on November 19th. If convicted, he could face life in prison or possibly even the death penalty. Prosecutors have not yet said if they believe this is a capital case.

Last edited:
Shouldn’t this thread be updated to reflect Bill is no longer considered missing?

I live just a couple of miles from this gentleman's home, and I can't believe how little anyone is talking about it. I didn't even realize that the son had been arrested!

I don't know a lot of people in the area, but the few that I do know (one that lives probably just a mile away from his home) didn't know anything about it until I started mentioning it. You would think in such a small town there would be lots of talk about it given that it's a pretty rare occurrence here.

Son accused of murdering father arrives in court Dec 11, 2019

". . .Sugarloaf Township Police Chief Josh Winters testified that Morse showed no emotion or sense of urgency when he filed a missing person report on June 20, 2018. A state trooper testified that in April 2018, William Morse IV did an internet search on how the chemical lye can help decompose bodies.

Another alleged internet search focused on how a murder conviction can be obtained without a body. Prosecutors say they will prove at trial that Morse killed his father and burned his remains in a burn pit.

At the Sugarloaf Township property, bone fragments were found in the burn pit."

This is a very long article, and it also discusses the trust fund.

This case has bothered me from the start. I was able to meet Mr. Morse and get to know him a few months before this all happened. I even testified at the piliminary hearing. It breaks my heart he was an indredable, friendly, outgoing nice guy. I hope they find out where the body is and what really happened.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Binx005
Back