Pastor that visited Casey speaks out.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She is hopeful that she can pull the wool over everyone's eyes.

KC is hopeful because JB has informed her that he has hired the Dream Team, all of the experts. The Dream Team is all over LE and he is going after LE like a rabid dog.

JB has said, they are confident that they can get the evidence from the car thrown out and, they will work hard to pin the crime scene on someone else. They will cast doubt of KC's involvement in this and she will go free.

That's why JB is hyper to know what LE knows, he needs to know if there are only KC's prints on the duct tape and inside the bag, etc. He needs to know if this is nailed down now or, if not, what openings there are to throw the blame elsewhere.

JB has made KC understand that it isn't over until Caylee sings . . . and if the truth is revealed.

IMO, the minister should have said "no comment" and left it at that.

The public may not know all of the details but the main events are as clear as day. As far as I'm concerned, what KC says to a minister now is meaningless.

Casey is merely taking all of this "in stride." Whatever the heck that means. A skull with hair and other bones just happened to be discovered in a place where she often frequented in her school years with two friends. Nothing phases her.

KC is hopeful because JB has informed her that he has hired the Dream Team, all of the experts. The Dream Team is all over LE and he is going after LE like a rabid dog.

JB has said, they are confident that they can get the evidence from the car thrown out and, they will work hard to pin the crime scene on someone else. They will cast doubt of KC's involvement in this and she will go free.

That's why JB is hyper to know what LE knows, he needs to know if there are only KC's prints on the duct tape and inside the bag, etc. He needs to know if this is nailed down now or, if not, what openings there are to throw the blame elsewhere.

JB has made KC understand that it isn't over until Caylee sings . . . and if the truth is revealed.

If and thats a big IF she goes free which i dont see happening she will continue to look over her shoulder for the rest of her life. To many people hate her,someone would kill her. Im also wondering if and when she gets convicted will she be in a private cell for the rest of her life or will they put her in general pop.?

That's not his role to put pressure on her to confess to governmental authorities; only to God. He takes no position with respect to her guilt or innocense regarding the criminal charges or with respect to any allegations in the civil case. His comment about unwinding, probably was just a referral to what you see in the news and not any reference to KC. He's a professional and will not skirt that line of confidentiality and privilege. Like the visits with the attorney, other privileged visits are not recorded.

I never said "pressure." I said he can do his best to convince her that she should confess. My point was that any clergy hearing a confession cannot come forward with that information, but can advise the person that if this is a "true confession" (read truly sorry and asking for forgiveness), then one must take responsibility (inform LE) and accept the appropriate consequences (stand trial, be sentenced, do time).

If they have reason to believe a crime IS GOING TO BE committed, isn't there an obligation to report it? (For some reason I thought that was the case, no matter who is told, if they have knowledge of a crime that is going to be committed, it's different). I may well be wrong on that, though.

I agree that the minister should have kept it confidential from the news media. There's no reason for him to "spin".

(ETA: not taht i think another crime is going to be committed while she's sitting in jail.. just meant that i thought there were exceptions.)

Casey was farthest from religion and God as she could for years - the ONLY reason why she wants to see the pastor of her parents church is because God is the only person that will forgive her! A majority of convicts find God because they can only be forgiven by that one person/entity

I'm sorry, I don't buy it - she's a manipulator and she has shown no remorse of any crime she's committed - be it the theft from Amy, parents, family and friends, from her lying and manipulating of her friends and the many men and murdering her own child

According to CNN today he is only allowed to visit once a month.

KC does not think she will be convicted.........she really does not plan to spend her life in jail. She truly believes that some man will "rescue" her from her plight because her parents always have.

That is where CA & GA will get to accept a lot of the blame, because if they had forced her to admit what she did in the beginning and not covered up for her, she could have had a good plea bargain, but now that hope is long gone. CA & GA added many years to her sentence.

It is not too late for her soul, she can not help being born without a conscience. She will never admit that what she did was wrong however so no penances for her sin and without penance, no forgiveness.

She is hopeful that Baez will be able to throw up enough diversions that the jury will be too confused to convict.

Here's the video of WESH interview with Rev Stutzman.
Did I hear him correctly? Did he say he's been asked to take stuff to the grave?
http://www.wesh.com/video/18299501/index.html

eta- Ok sorry, it won't let me link directly to Rev. Stutzman's interview. But it is video #2 at link.

KC does not believe in God, hell or heaven. I'm pretty sure. she only thinks about this life and how to get the most that she can for herself.
JMO

I'm not impressed with this clergy person. Another day another attention-seeker. Sorry.

Is there anyone involved with the A's capable of not talking?? For God's sake, this is a minister-can he just say 'No comment'?!? Why does a member of the clergy feel compelled to give their opinion too?
I'm only concerned about KC telling the truth about what went on. Other than that, I don't care what she is feeling, coping with this, or how she is doing.

I sure wouldn't confide in a "man of the cloth" that felt he had to talk to the media about me... I guess nothing is sacred these days?

Another team player after fifteen minutes of fame. Hoping to fill his church on Sundays, maybe?

Very unethical to even speak with the media, IMO.

Clergy ARE mandatory reporters of child abuse and neglect.

I'm not sure if a confession of child murder is included in this or not... In my opinion, murder of a child would fall under child abuse, but I'm not sure if it applies to confession or not.

However, I believe clergy are not mandatory reporters of adult murder, but I could be wrong.

With the Catholic faith, a Priest cannot talk about anything said to him in confession - UNLESS someone else's life is in danger... then, he is at least obligated to tell the person in danger if not the police so the danger can be avoided if possible.

Another team player after fifteen minutes of fame. Hoping to fill his church on Sundays, maybe?

I agree. Very unethical. I wonder why he couldn't have just said, "no comment", or "the family needs our prayers", and left it at that.

I agree. It's horrible! What is it with this case that makes everyone, even clergy, want publicity? Ridiculous!

Is there anyone involved with the A's capable of not talking?? For God's sake, this is a minister-can he just say 'No comment'?!? Why does a member of the clergy feel compelled to give their opinion too?
I'm only concerned about KC telling the truth about what went on. Other than that, I don't care what she is feeling, coping with this, or how she is doing.

Haven't read the entire thread yet, but I have to agree. My first thought when I saw the title was, "You've got to be kidding me!". Does everyone in this case have to speak to the media?

The priest penitent privilege covers most of their conversations. It cannot be discovered by LE or the defense because it is privileged communication. Husband and wife is another example. You all know the attorney and client privilege. Further examples are: Doctor and patient, psychotherapist and patient, social worker and client and the privilege for a criminal defendant not to testify against oneself.

Having worked inside a state prison, we (doctors, social workers, therapists, etc.) were told that NOTHING is confidential between prisoners and ourselves and that prisoners know this. I do not know what the information is about pastors from the outside...I think that what is told to them is confidential, unless overheard.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18
Back