Patrick Swayze has Pancreatic Cancer** UPDATE** PS has passed away RIP

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is so sad! May you rest in peace Patrick surrounded by those who love you... who've gone before you. You were a shining star here on earth, as you will be in heaven too... no doubt. G' Bye.. Patrick. :(

Rest In Peace, Patrick~ May your family find peace and comfort in the days ahead while remembering you holding them close to your heart. You will be truly missed. :(

It's really said to hear he passed away. My thoughts and well wishes go out to his family, he will be missed.

Prayers to his family. He fought so bravely.

Pancreatic cancer is probably one of the most insidious cancers there is. It took my mom's life only days after being diagnosed back in 2001.

I was in the checkout line at the supermarket yesterday and one of the tabloids was emblazoned with the headline "Patrick Swayze being brought home to die." He looked like a stick figure in the picture-there is a classic look and all of you who are familiar with it know what I mean. When I heard of his death on the news last night, I had a hard time being sad simply because he had fought such an epic battle...and he looked so tired and ready.

I will miss your presence in Hollywood, Patrick.

Oh my gosh! When I first read about his death, I didn't believe it, since the tabloids have been having him on death's door so many times in the past while. So sad this has happened, but I am really glad he went out gracefully and fighting the whole way - not only fighting the cancer, but also the way the media treats people and their families.

Rest in peace, Patrick.

I had a teacher a few years ago who died of pancreatic cancer within the same term he was diagnosed in. It turns out he had had the symptomatic back pain and just ignored it. This is a fast and deadly cancer, so I'm posting the symptoms here, in the hopes people might consider them and get a check up if they are concerned about them.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/pancreatic-cancer/DS00357/DSECTION=symptoms

One of the things I most admired about Patrick was that he was so obviously a "one woman man" - his love for and devotion to his wife Lisa was so very evident over the years of his career. Never a whisper of a scandal involving this man.

Unfortunately, in this cancer and also in several others, by the time the patient has a symptom, the cancer has already firmly established itself and in many cases has even spread to other areas.

I was happy to read that Patrick had a peaceful death surrounded by his family. May he rest in peace.

And God bless his devoted wife Lisa in her sorrow.

I did not hear the news till this morning. He will be missed big time in my family. But at the same time I am thankful he is no longer suffering.

RIP PatricK

The 80's are slowly dying. First Farrah and Michael and now Patrick. I loved Patrick and his acting he was one of the best in the business. He also was very genuine and very classy you never heard of anyone saying anything bad about him. He loved his wife and family.
He was a Hard working actor even after he was diagnosed with cancer. My prayers go out to his family and friends and the world has lost another part of the 80's. I loved the 80's it was a magical time that held great memories for me.

I just heard on the news.... RIP..... Patrick..............

so sorry, Lisa

I agree, it seems the 80's is fading from us all. Patrick Swayze's performance in Dirty Dancing is still one of my favorite movies of all time. His grace and spirit will long be remembered and like his fellow actors his memories will live on through his incredible talent.

RIP Patrick ~you truly will be missed!~

This still makes me cry! RIP Patrick :blowkiss:

[video=youtube;D0PgggCTlOk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0PgggCTlOk[/video]

"THE LOVE INSIDE-YOU TAKE IT WITH YOU!!"
dancinginthesky.gif

Oh my gosh, this is so sad. I just loved him as an actor, and what a fine dancer he was. My daughter and I both drooled over him. I always wondered why he didn't make more movies than he did. I can't think of a movie he did that I didn't like. Hmmm, maybe it was because he was in it.

He will be sorely missed by women everywhere. That's for sure.
So sad to hear the news. As silly as the plot was, "Dirty Dancing" will always be one of my favorites. I couldn't say how many times I've seen it, but alot.

"Dancing With the Stars" is going to have a Patrick Swayze tribute on tonight's show. It starts at 8 p.m. on ABC.

Have always loved Patrick Swayze, but have never seen this video of him singing She's Like the Wind . This, my favorite... Just thought I'd post it.

[video=youtube;BOmwDoOxoGA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOmwDoOxoGA&index=1&list=FLSVFPAIVq76xE-XFokHWO4A[/video]

For some reason I'm on a Patrick Swayze kick. Just posting for those who loved him as much as we did.
PATRICK SWAYZE and LARRY GATLIN perform LOVE HURTS

[video=youtube;L3j6dgKDxSg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3j6dgKDxSg[/video]

Here is Patrick on Johnny Carson: He had such a great sense of humor!
[video=youtube;0ZG9gUPNC-I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZG9gUPNC-I[/video]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back