Patsy Ramsey has died

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Trust me.......Patsy took as many secrets to her grave as JonBenet did.

Has anybody here ever been witness to a deathbed confession? Has there ever been a deathbed confession to a murder that you know of? JonBenet's murder is certainly much more high profile than what most people would have affect their families and loved one, but in many families there are "secrets" maybe not murder, it could be something such as parentage etc. of course nowadys with DNA that's not as easily covered up if someone may have suspected it earlier. Has anybody made efforts to apologise for past wrongs? IMO most people would not make a confession thinking things are better left unsaid.

Old Broad

Every person that dies may not be in a frame of mind to make a deathbed confession. And I didn't know it was some "rule" or "law" that one must make a deathbed confession. Furthermore, IF PR or any of the R's was the killer, then I would think that Patsy "confessed" to God long ago and begged for forgiveness. So maybe in her mind, she was good to go. If that's the case, then NO, she won't be going to hell as someone mentioned (maybe on the Ramsey board).

Lastly, it says that John was at her bedside. IF there were anything to confess, he already knows anyway. Why confess to him? And like he'd tell anyone anyway.

I think all of this talk about deathbed confessions is pretty moot.

shopper said:
I think all of this talk about deathbed confessions is pretty moot.

So do I...as I previously posted in agreement with you, Shopper....not one person who'd have been there to hear it would ever tell a soul, anyway. :banghead:

Edited to add: If Patsy killed JonBenet and her family had not previously known this or suspected, why would she want to leave them with that additional pain, anyway? "I'm dying, my dear family, and here's some salt for that wound: I killed JonBenet." I mean, come on!!

englishleigh said:
So do I...as I previously posted in agreement with you, Shopper....not one person who'd have been there to hear it would ever tell a soul, anyway. :banghead:

Edited to add: If Patsy killed JonBenet and her family had not previously known this or suspected, why would she want to leave them with that additional pain, anyway? "I'm dying, my dear family, and here's some salt for that wound: I killed JonBenet." I mean, come on!!

Exactly! I didn't realize deathbed confessions were an automatic given anyway. :rolleyes:

I think the only thing she would confess too, IF she had anything to do with it would be a cover up, that's only IF they were involved...That is my opinion, don't mean squat though....:D

Speaking of deathbed confessions, and the idea that some people might think they could 'talk' now that Patsy has died....

Here's my viewpoint on that. If anyone has had implicating information that they've withheld from the investigation for all this time to protect Patsy... why would they speak now? Wouldn't that put the person speaking in jeapordy? There are laws against obstructing an investigation and protecting a killer. I don't see anyone speaking out now... or ever, if they haven't already. JMO.

OH, rats, we'll never find out. Nothing more aggravating than an unsolved mystery/crime.

Marthatex said:
OH, rats, we'll never find out. Nothing more aggravating than an unsolved mystery/crime.
Yup, she was determined to maintain "appearances" up until the very end. No deathbed confession for her!:razz: Might ruin her reputation!

RiverRat said:
Such a fitting picture, River Rat!

RiverRat said:
Truer words were never spoken! :clap:

You can have a mother "take care of you", but be totally neglected. Or even abused.

I haven't really followed the case, but I see there are really some definite opinions; and personally, I know that type of mother y'all are talking about.

I suddenly know the answer as to why I can't really read about it.

Oh no Tex, I hope you didn't have a mother like Patsy Ramsey...

Patsy's passing made our news here in Oz.
I can't believe I forgot to watch the news yesterday :doh:

narlacat said:
Oh no Tex, I hope you didn't have a mother like Patsy Ramsey...

Patsy's passing made our news here in Oz.
I can't believe I forgot to watch the news yesterday :doh:

YOu can "use" your daughter. Your daughter can just be a "prop", not a person. Her mother did it to her too. It's like a cycle you can't break.

Thank God I learned, and read, and didn't do it to my own daughter. We have a great relationship.

Marthatex said:
YOu can "use" your daughter. Your daughter can just be a "prop", not a person.

Thank God I learned and didn't do it to my own daughter.

I understand perfectly. My daughter was never a prop either. Sometimes we rally against these abusive standards.

Too bad Patsy had to be buried next to JonBenet! No rest even in death for little JB, the final affront, to be buried next to one of your victimizers!:furious:

Marthatex said:
YOu can "use" your daughter. Your daughter can just be a "prop", not a person. Her mother did it to her too. It's like a cycle you can't break.

Thank God I learned, and read, and didn't do it to my own daughter. We have a great relationship.
Well good for you Tex :)

concernedperson said:
I understand perfectly. My daughter was never a prop either. Sometimes we rally against these abusive standards.

I'm really lucky; I have a great relationship with both my daughter and my son, tho he is a little more distant.

Children are individuals; they each have special talents that should be encouraged, but not to glorify the parents. You need to listen to what they're 'saying", not necessarily what they're "doing" or "performing".

Children, are just people. Encourage them, but let them be. Let them play and make friends.

Guide them, but don't control them. Consider their opinions, listen to them, but you're still the boss on many things.

That's the way I raised mine and I'm really proud of them.

As far a my mother, the hurt will never go away.

LinasK said:
Too bad Patsy had to be buried next to JonBenet! No rest even in death for little JB, the final affront, to be buried next to one of your victimizers!:furious:
Yeah...poor little kid...it doesn't matter though....the spirit leaves the body, JonBenét is long gone...but unfortunately she is most likely stuck somewhere waiting for justice and the chance to be completely free :( :mad:

blueclouds said:
Patsy, not everyone believed in your guilt. I initially did UNTIL I READ ALL THE EVIDENCE. I've never been in support of your family's strange decisions to hire lawyers BUT I BELIEVED AND STILL DO IN THE INTRUDER THEORY.

You were one year older than my mom when you died..... I hope you and JON BENET Find everlasting peace and happiness and I have no doubt she's so incredibly happy to have her mom there now.... You've left behind Burke, but he'll be ok too. I know you'll see to that.

My daughter is almost 16, same age as Jon Benet would have been. :( I feel nothing but sadness that you did not find justice and clear your family's name before you left. Maybe you'll have more pull on the other side.

ONCE AGAIN..... not everyone believes (believed) in your guilt. Rest well Patsy. You've so EARNED IT. :blowkiss:
I am with you on this- I dont believe either of them did it..and they were smart to lawyer up-in fact, now everyone does it..it was the persecution of these 2 that caused others to lawyer up immediately.
Can you imagine if they had not?? They would be eaten alive even if innocent. The whole thing was a lesson in how a society can turn on somoene without knowing what happened..maybe noone does- all I know is I was not in that house and I do not know who killed JB..the whole family has suffered and especially JB..but its not ok for me (and me only), to say it was anyone when I wasnt there to know the whole story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmann420
Back