Patsy Ramsey is reportedly very ill.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Kalypso said:
Gilda Radner had Stage 4 ovarian cancer and she died, even though Gene Wilder kept thinking she would pull through. It took her approximately 3 years and she was in her early 40s. Here is her obituary:

http://obits.com/radnergilda.html

Yes, and Gilda thought she would pull through too. I remember a big article in Life Magazine about how she was getting better and there were lots of pictures of Gilda with her new short fuzzy hair that was growing back in since she was done with chemotherapy, and she sounded like she really had the cancer beat.

And I remember discussing it with a friend of mine, both of us with some medical knowledge, about how as sad as it was, we thought Gilda had false hope. And the next thing we knew, the cancer had taken her life. I have heard of people surviving several years with stage IV ovarian cancer, but the prognosis is never good.

Luzianne said:
Yes, and Gilda thought she would pull through too. I remember a big article in Life Magazine about how she was getting better and there were lots of pictures of Gilda with her new short fuzzy hair that was growing back in since she was done with chemotherapy, and she sounded like she really had the cancer beat.

And I remember discussing it with a friend of mine, both of us with some medical knowledge, about how as sad as it was, we thought Gilda had false hope. And the next thing we knew, the cancer had taken her life. I have heard of people surviving several years with stage IV ovarian cancer, but the prognosis is never good.

My own mother died of ovarian cancer 7 yrs ago.
When she was first diagnosed they told her it was stage 4 and she was "dying." (they took 7 gallons of fluid out of her abdomen at this time)
She went on to live 6 1/2 yrs!
The doctors were confounded.
But it happens.
God was not finished with her here on this earth yet.
There is much they still do not know about cancer and the human body.
All "statistics" are averages - not an individual prediction.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fangirl88
Back