Patsy's Art Work

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am new to this website, however, please PM me as I would like to be included as you address this problem of artistic plagarism and I will join you in the follow-up. Off topic---I believe there were some questions raised about where the money was going connected to "The Jon Benet Ramsey Foundation" on a TV interview, so IMO it is not a stretch to question the workings of ANY "foundations" set up by the Ramsey's.

And that is the other issue....there have already been questionable dealings when it comes to the Rs and foundations....and now this one appears to be selling bogus artwork?

By all means help if you'd like. Our first step is to get addresses for all the original artists. I'll PM you tomorrow or Monday about it, and we can divvy up however you want to! Thanks! And thanks again, DeeDee for checking with your daughter, and thank her for us, please.

The same article where the original artist was consulted and said she didn't mind, said they were exhibited in an art show in Michigan.
here is link to story.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_4064157

Like I said before I don't care but it obvious a couple of you are PASSIONATE about it and to that I say GO FOR IT. I pick my battles and this isn't one I'd like to personally pursue. Would rather see some justice for these kids here.

I would also rather discuss her picture HOPE. It creeps me out as the 2 angels in the photo are weird. Since I can't make it out well, I'm obviously not a big art expert and prefer western art, Fredrick Remington, Jack Sorenson, what do you folks think about the big angel with a broken heart. Look at her wings and the perspective it was painted from. Then look at the second angel and tell me what you see. Do you see what I see?

The same article where the original artist was consulted and said she didn't mind, said they were exhibited in an art show in Michigan.
here is link to story.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_4064157

Like I said before I don't care but it obvious a couple of you are PASSIONATE about it and to that I say GO FOR IT. I pick my battles and this isn't one I'd like to personally pursue. Would rather see some justice for these kids here.

I would also rather discuss her picture HOPE. It creeps me out as the 2 angels in the photo are weird. Since I can't make it out well, I'm obviously not a big art expert and prefer western art, Fredrick Remington, Jack Sorenson, what do you folks think about the big angel with a broken heart. Look at her wings and the perspective it was painted from. Then look at the second angel and tell me what you see. Do you see what I see?

See my post # 25 regarding "HOPE".

Interesting interpretation. I would not have caught the second angel as holding anything as I can only really make out 1 hand not holding anything, the angels right one. The shape she is holding is different than than the jagged break so I never would have guessed she was holding a piece of the broken heart. The heart being between the wings I totally missed. I just thought she got her perspective backwards.

also, if you look at 'The Three Pears', 'Unfinished Garden', & 'Home Again', you'll notice everything is done in 3's. I take that to be John, herself, & Burke...no Jon Benet.

Basic decorating and symmetry rules say use an odd numbers for groupings. Check out other art very seldom do you see pairs. Single pieces of fruit, 3 pieces or 5 pieces etc. The use of 3 isn't indicative of her mental state just art class "rules".

snipped:

here is link to story.
That was one of the artists, and this is not exhibiting work at an art show in Michigan. This is selling the art.

And yes, you better believe I am passionate about unscrupulous people making money off other people. It's theft, pure and simple.

snipped:

That was one of the artists, and this is not exhibiting work at an art show in Michigan. This is selling the art.

And yes, you better believe I am passionate about unscrupulous people making money off other people. It's theft, pure and simple.

It is your time and energy if the artist want to pursue it they may be grateful you alerted them. It is Monday so Good Luck to your team.

I am new to this website, however, please PM me as I would like to be included as you address this problem of artistic plagarism and I will join you in the follow-up. Off topic---I believe there were some questions raised about where the money was going connected to "The Jon Benet Ramsey Foundation" on a TV interview, so IMO it is not a stretch to question the workings of ANY "foundations" set up by the Ramsey's.
Thanks for the offer. A PM has been sent.

If anyone else is interested in helping us sleuth on this matter, please PM me. Otherwise, we will take our investigating behind the scenes for a number of reasons, the primary one being that if there is a crime being committed, it is separate and apart from the murder of JBR, and we do not wish to take any focus off that!

.....mytee

Thanks for the offer. A PM has been sent.

If anyone else is interested in helping us sleuth on this matter, please PM me. Otherwise, we will take our investigating behind the scenes for a number of reasons, the primary one being that if there is a crime being committed, it is separate and apart from the murder of JBR, and we do not wish to take any focus off that!

.....mytee

It would also be wiser to not alert someone you "have them in your crosshairs".

I am totally bummed as the dollar store sold EVERY WIG HEAD they had. I feel guilty for being disappointed too. The store employee I asked about them when I couldn't find them said an organization that provides free wigs to cancer patients bought them all. It is Breast Cancer Awareness month and I feel guilty for being disappointed I can't do my experiment. The cancer patients receiving them will be thrilled and no one should begrudge them that.

The dollar store had foam board and my daughter suggested I use that and place a pillow or something under it to simulate the slight roundness of a head. The board is too thin I think as most objects would penetrate it and the paper that covers the board would tear. I guess I will just keep an eye out for other wig heads at a price I can afford to do my experiment. I have read other articles about it and somewhere an article said a poster named Dave did the same thing with coconut shells.

Is that our Super Dave I wonder?

I am totally bummed as the dollar store sold EVERY WIG HEAD they had. I feel guilty for being disappointed too. The store employee I asked about them when I couldn't find them said an organization that provides free wigs to cancer patients bought them all. It is Breast Cancer Awareness month and I feel guilty for being disappointed I can't do my experiment. The cancer patients receiving them will be thrilled and no one should begrudge them that.

The dollar store had foam board and my daughter suggested I use that and place a pillow or something under it to simulate the slight roundness of a head. The board is too thin I think as most objects would penetrate it and the paper that covers the board would tear. I guess I will just keep an eye out for other wig heads at a price I can afford to do my experiment. I have read other articles about it and somewhere an article said a poster named Dave did the same thing with coconut shells.

Hi Cathy. I wonder how cantaloupe would do for this experiment? It's not too hard and maybe not too soft either.

I wanted to share something I discovered about off-handed writing with ya'll. Just in case someone mind find it relevant.

About 8 years ago I first saw the hand writing samples from PR and the ransom note and decided to try and see if I could learn to write with my left hand. I'd tried this many times since childhood with not much luck. Writing always looked very shaky and barely readable. But this time I attempted to try different methods and was surprised that I found a way to write with my left hand where it was almost identical with my right hand writing.

Normally, when we write, we mainly use our fingers and wrists. Our elbows (and shoulders) are used to a lesser degree. So this is how I did it. I held the pen in my left hand exactly the way I hold it in my right hand, but kept my fingers and wrist locked in position and used only my elbow (and shoulder to a degree) to navigate my hand with the pen in it. I saw, after just a little practice, that my left-handed writing looked far better than it ever had before - good enough to pass for regular writing, also very similar to my right-handed writing.

Anyway, it occurred to me that this style of writing - using mainly the elbow - may be similar to the way the brush is moved when watercoloring or drawing on a canvas. Not sure, don't do that type of art, just my guess. But if so, then I think that maybe someone who does this type of art might be more likely to be ambidexterous than the average person.

I have no idea what percentage of people have the natural ability to write with either hand, but I've known very few who could. So I hope that some of ya'll here will try this experiment and see if you can improve your off-hand writing by using the technique I described.

My belief is that Patsy wrote the ransom note. Don't believe that any of the Ramseys killed or molested JonBenet, however.

Just my opinion.

sniped My belief is that Patsy wrote the ransom note. Don't believe that any of the Ramseys killed or molested JonBenet, however.

Just my opinion.

Why do you think she wrote it? What was her motive?

That was not me.

Why do you think she wrote it? What was her motive?

My theory is that the perp was a friend or family member of someone JR wanted to do business with. Something like that. I think JR felt reasonably sure that JonBenet would not be harmed physically and certain that she would not be murdered. Maybe he was told that the guy wanted to "just look". JR thought it would be okay because JB would be sleeping.

I think JR may have been planning to take JonBenet's body somewhere before calling police (thus the many references to "she dies" in the ransom note), then realized it would be too risky.

In any case, JR and PR would be responsible for what happened. So they had to point the finger in another direction.

My opinion only.

Hello WS :cool2:

Interesting and informative thread everyone. Thank you.

I was watching [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Ross"]Bob Ross[/ame] last weekend on PBS, his shows are great even if you never intend to paint. Watching him create a new picture and the way he speaks about the process is interesting enough. He was talking about the mood of your painting. That, if you are in a good mood you will paint a happy picture and if you are in a bad mood that too, will reflect in what you paint.

I think he is right. Anything coming from a true creative place is going to reflect what is on the inside. Isn't that why adults are supposed to pay attention to what their children are drawing? Isn't that the whole meaning behind the idea of art? Whether it is good art or bad art, it will (by definition) reflect the emotions of the artist. Patsy sure chose "cheery" subjects to paint, imo. One would think her subject matter might reflect a bit more sadness, I understand she had faith and faith can give you strength but you would think still have a deep sadness(if only for Jonbenet herself) that would show itself sometimes especially in art or the art she chose to copy.

Maybe Patsy's art does tell something about her. She was more comfortable making a copy of someone else's creativity than her own. She either could not tap into her own creativity or had none of her own(I don't know if it is possible for someone to have no creativity but maybe that is true?). It makes Patsy seem like a poser. That was the word we used in the eighties for people who never come up with anything of their own or original, they always copy others, those around them. The joy of painting(or creativity of any kind) is that creative process where you (excuse the prose):give birth to your own.

I think Pasty spend much of her life posing, as in the pageants(her own and the teaching of Jonbenet to pose) and her life as daughter to her parents and wife of her husband. It would be great to see something painted by her that is an original, to get insight into her mind because I think someone's art/writings are sometime the only way to see deeply into a person who otherwise is shut down or puts up a facade. But then I think, that is exactly what we have got here, a look inside Patsy where we find she is a poser.

Patsy tried to push her likes onto Jonbenet, it seems. To dress like her, like the dolls she wanted Jonbenet to have, etc. Patsy wasn't so empty inside or damaged into submission enough not to try it on her daughter, or maybe she did it because it was done to her and that is all she knew? She tried to make her daughter like the things that Patsy pretended to like because Patsy's mind had decided these were the things that other people liked, so she would be liked, envied even. And Jonbenet was a huge part of that for Patsy, it really was important that her daughter conform exactly to what Patsy needed Jonbenet to be. But like all children, Jonbenet was her own. Person.

The artwork could say a lot about Patsy. My understanding is the original artist of "Pals"(the one of the two children looking out to the sea)was kind and said she understood that Patsy might have been using her art as a guide, that was normal for beginners and had sympathy for Pasty's illness and passing. I don't know if all of Patsy's paintings are "reproductions" or whether those artists take issue. If Patsy was the one who penned the RN, the author has been accused of coping or taking lines from movies and books. In that case, I suppose even a great artist/writer might have to use more than their imagination when writing such a note.

IMHO, Pasty reproducing such sunny images shows something uncaring about her feelings regarding what happened to Jonbenet. More than wanting to cover up for her hurt feelings and put on a happy face, it gives you a "generic" feeling, what she chose to admire. And in turn, it gives you the feeling she had generic feelings toward her daughter and her death. I do not sense her mourning. I do not even sense mourning for herself.

:cow:

Hello WS :cool2:

Interesting and informative thread everyone. Thank you.

I was watching Bob Ross last weekend on PBS, his shows are great even if you never intend to paint. Watching him create a new picture and the way he speaks about the process is interesting enough. He was talking about the mood of your painting. That, if you are in a good mood you will paint a happy picture and if you are in a bad mood that too, will reflect in what you paint.

I think he is right. Anything coming from a true creative place is going to reflect what is on the inside. Isn't that why adults are supposed to pay attention to what their children are drawing? Isn't that the whole meaning behind the idea of art? Whether it is good art or bad art, it will (by definition) reflect the emotions of the artist. Patsy sure chose "cheery" subjects to paint, imo. One would think her subject matter might reflect a bit more sadness, I understand she had faith and faith can give you strength but you would think still have a deep sadness(if only for Jonbenet herself) that would show itself sometimes especially in art or the art she chose to copy.

Maybe Patsy's art does tell something about her. She was more comfortable making a copy of someone else's creativity than her own. She either could not tap into her own creativity or had none of her own(I don't know if it is possible for someone to have no creativity but maybe that is true?). It makes Patsy seem like a poser. That was the word we used in the eighties for people who never come up with anything of their own or original, they always copy others, those around them. The joy of painting(or creativity of any kind) is that creative process where you (excuse the prose):give birth to your own.

I think Pasty spend much of her life posing, as in the pageants(her own and the teaching of Jonbenet to pose) and her life as daughter to her parents and wife of her husband. It would be great to see something painted by her that is an original, to get insight into her mind because I think someone's art/writings are sometime the only way to see deeply into a person who otherwise is shut down or puts up a facade. But then I think, that is exactly what we have got here, a look inside Patsy where we find she is a poser.

Patsy tried to push her likes onto Jonbenet, it seems. To dress like her, like the dolls she wanted Jonbenet to have, etc. Patsy wasn't so empty inside or damaged into submission enough not to try it on her daughter, or maybe she did it because it was done to her and that is all she knew? She tried to make her daughter like the things that Patsy pretended to like because Patsy's mind had decided these were the things that other people liked, so she would be liked, envied even. And Jonbenet was a huge part of that for Patsy, it really was important that her daughter conform exactly to what Patsy needed Jonbenet to be. But like all children, Jonbenet was her own. Person.

The artwork could say a lot about Patsy. My understanding is the original artist of "Pals"(the one of the two children looking out to the sea)was kind and said she understood that Patsy might have been using her art as a guide, that was normal for beginners and had sympathy for Pasty's illness and passing. I don't know if all of Patsy's paintings are "reproductions" or whether those artists take issue. If Patsy was the one who penned the RN, the author has been accused of coping or taking lines from movies and books. In that case, I suppose even a great artist/writer might have to use more than their imagination when writing such a note.

IMHO, Pasty reproducing such sunny images shows something uncaring about her feelings regarding what happened to Jonbenet. More than wanting to cover up for her hurt feelings and put on a happy face, it gives you a "generic" feeling, what she chose to admire. And in turn, it gives you the feeling she had generic feelings toward her daughter and her death. I do not sense her mourning. I do not even sense mourning for herself.

:cow:

Great post Chiquita 71! I'm especailly intrigued by the "poser/poseur" aspects you mention. Insofar as Patsy pushing her likes onto JonBenet, I believe JonBenet (sadly enough) became the vehicle for the projection of Patsy's overt/covert histrionic personality disorder.

I am an artist myself (and a retired psych RN) and I wish we had a chronological inventory of Patsy's artwork to study. While the saying "a picture is worth a thousand words" is often applied to photographs, I believe it also applies to artwork of any medium.

I am interested in your opinion regarding the painting entitled "Hope"---described as "An Angel Contemplates the Promises of Eternity". (See post # 20 on this thread).

Bob Ross was great, wasn't he? He was SO soothing when he spoke; made it look so easy. Sadly, he passed away some years ago.

Hello WS :)

As far as the "hope" painting, I am thinking about that myself. I am on my way to read the thread, "NIV Study bible." I think about the "hope" painting and Patsy's belief system: and how much it has to do with what happened, and with stuff like S.B.T.C. it is hard not to wonder. :waitasec:

:twocents:

I loved Bob Ross. "Let's put a happy little cloud here" "There are no mistakes, just happy accidents"

He was such a nice guy, and he made you believe in his art and that you could paint anything.

Oh gosh, I have to make this fit with the subject matter... Patsy Ramsey was the opposite of him. There ya go.

Some people learn to paint with Bob Ross. How many of his students pieces have you ever seen in someones home.

My Mother in law took a art class and they made certain scenes together and everyone ends up with a piece of the same subject. They entered some of their work at the county fair and some of the students and MIL won some ribbons. They all looked like Bob Ross paintings. Outdoor scenes or something more traditional like fruit.
My MIL is pretty good at western scenes, windmills, old houses, prairie scenes, flowers too. She isn't a future rising star in the art world and as never represented herself as such.

Patsy copied the themes and was learning perspective and other important details that beginning artist do. She didn't take up painting on the scale she did until she was sick again. She didn't live long enough to advance her own style or bring out her talents.

My MIL loves to photograph a majestic scene and then paint it from the photo. We laugh, but I promise you she will paint a windmill in it, even if one isn't in the photo.

Patsy has some cute animal pictures that may be original. After learning different styles she made some of her own too as new artist are encouraged to do.

She didn't live long enough to make a big art show with all original pieces that wouldn't be considered learning pieces. They used what they had and that included her studies of other peoples art.

Did Patsy set up the foundation or was it done after her death?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
broccoli445
Back