Penalty Phase #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Father and brother brought in today for sympathy????

This tells me that the last day in court was a rouse. The DT never expected it to go forward. If they did, why wouldn't they have the family there that day?

Correct. The DT wanted to give as much distance as possible from TA's family's victim impact statements and the DT presentation. It was a calculated move. I knew it was coming and signed off to do some work after Steven and Sam made their statements. I knew a excuse was going to come up and there would be no afternoon session.

A mistrial during the sentencing phase would lead to what exactly? The judge deciding between LWOP and LWPOP?

NO WAY will this jury end up Hung. They've been through too much to end that way.

Motion denied.

Jodi's whole family is there. Could this be the finale? :rocker:

I expect to see the CM shedding lots of tears today (for herself- goes without saying of course). Her shallow tin soul will get as emotional as it can get when she's being talked about glowingly by selfless hero Darryl Brewer.

Remember, Jodi practices witchcraft and I don't believe she abandoned that mess when she was baptised as a Mormon. I'm sure she has brewed up a spell and now has bogazitti'd this trial.

This tells me that the last day in court was a rouse. The DT never expected it to go forward. If they did, why wouldn't they have the family there that day?

Good point!! Her whole family there is interesting. Will she throw them under the bus yet again? Going to be a very interesting day

Elizabeth Erwin ‏@elizabetherwin 35s

They should tell the jurors to come in at 10:30 or 11 so they don't have to sit in the jury room for an extra hour each morning. #JodiArias

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 32s

I have not seen Darryl Brewer yet, he could be outside in the conference room hwaiting tough. #JodiArias

Elizabeth Erwin ‏@elizabetherwin 50s

#JodiArias has the most family in court she's had for the whole trial-mom, dad, brother and sister.

Anyone else thinking JA will read a psalm as part of her sermon today?

Does the State of Arizona have to pay for the DT's mistrial filings?

Whew got here just in time...

Wow her family is there...a day late and a dollar short IMO...and as someone else said, "I thought she had/has no family support!"

From WAT :

45s Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

I have not seen Darryl Brewer yet, he could be outside in the conference room hwaiting tough. #JodiArias

Hmmm ...

So much for helping certain shelters being a mitigating factor

BKrLVYBCMAAVjFs.jpg:small

Someone also posted on the State vs CMJA page that criminals can't have charities. There's so many posts on that site. I can't find the link again now.

:seeya:

Good afternoon, sunshines!!!!

:sunshine::sunshine::sunshine:

I hope no one had any damage from yesterdays 'nados. Quite a bumpy evening here in Oz.

So, I read that Jodi's dad and sister are also there today--no Donavan, though? Guess she finally got in trouble :giggle:

Good afternoon! I'm in the land of Oz south of KC....We did alright, but it got a little scary for a few around here...Mainly things blown over...Did you read about the Donavan thing on the FB site?

Hi All, I've been following the trial and following you all here on Web Slueths almost since day one. Since we are now coming close to the end I wanted to thank you for your wonderful insights, analysis and wit and humor that has made this difficult trial far more interesting and tolerable.

My feeling about the end of the trial is that no matter how this all works out for Miss Jodi she will soon be forgotten and that will be the worst punishment for this gal who loves the spotlight.

:wagon: to WS Claire C!

I have the great Seal on AZ, does this mean I havent missed anything yet?

Oh and I'm sure as the sky is blue that the Motion for Mistrial is about the alleged death threats against Patty. I'm sure they want to seat a new jury in the WORST way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela