Penalty Phase #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I wasn't the only one who thought Patti Womack sounded "medicated" in the Nancy Grace interviews.

Motion for MisTrial :

:denied: :denied: :denied: :denied: :denied:

smartest move the defence has made all trial, whatever the sentence she will have a chance to appeal for a new trial on ineffective counsel issues

blame judge. But the attorney has an independent obligation to go forward in light of court rulings. He's just behaving like Jodi here trying to manipulate the Judge and she is NOT playing along. I haven't ever seen her THIS P'od.

Nurmi is scrambling. He doesn't want to put Jodi up there so he's trying anything & everything.

And, seriously, they have only ONE friend they can call on and she is a druggie and apparently sold pics and didn't declare income...Sorry, all witnesses can be impeached-goes to credibility-basic law.

okay, on a serious note, is Nurmi setting this all up for an appeal? I know he's having a 2 year old tantrum right now, but is there any basis he can take up with a higher court?

Thx.

Mel

Most of her immediate family are in court today, yet none of them are going to speak on her behalf? I don't get it....

I feel bad for Jodi - this is pathetic that No One will speak out to save her - I am not understanding why Alyce Laviolette isn't present to take the stand.

Wow, Nurmi is pizzed! Looks like the judge is a bit pizzed too. He was kind of acting like a spoiled child who doesn't get their way, so doesn't want to play anymore. How does he figure this is helping his client?

C Superior Court ‏@courtpio 33s
Isaiah Everett pled not guilty. His next court date is 7/5 before Commissioner Lisa VandenBerg.

Camille Kimball ‏@CamilleKimball 33s
Val just called Nurmi and Wilmott into chambers, #JodiArias trails behind at the last minute.
Expand

Elizabeth Erwin ‏@elizabetherwin 48s
#JodiArias is going with them.
Expand

Ryan Smith ‏@ryansmithtv 1m
Defense will not call ANY witnesses! Not clear if #JodiArias will make a statement. Court in recess. Looks like a setup for appeals

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 2m

Nurmi arguing he can't put on #JodiArias mitigation case because witnesses are being threatened and are dropping out. #FOX10
Expand
Troy Hayden Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 3m

Kirk Nurmi compares #JodiArias trial to modern day witch trial.#FOX10

This seems like more strategic efforts to delay the inevitable on the part of the defense. The judge's unhesitatingly curt denial of their request seems telling. Power struggles?:moo:

When Nurmi accuses JM of threatening to bring out intimate details and otherwise smear the good names of their planned witnesses, I had to shake my head. Hello black pot. Meet black kettle. :moo:

Imagine that - you are on trial for YOUR LIFE and you have no one, NO ONE, to speak on your behalf. That's pretty sad.

okay, on a serious note, is Nurmi setting this all up for an appeal? I know he's having a 2 year old tantrum right now, but is there any basis he can take up with a higher court?

Thx.

Mel

I totally think that's where he's headed, all on JA's call. IMO.

Recess. No def witnesses! Will Jodi talk?? What is going on with this trial? #JodiArias #FOX10

It looks like defense is saying" we can't get a fair hearing because witnesses being intimidated, so we won't call any."#JodiArias #FOX10

WS is very slow ...

Jon Leiberman ‏@reporterjon 23s
#jodiarias attorneys not allowed off case. Now they say they'll call 0 witnesses in defense case. Looks like jodi will be only one to speak

Elizabeth Erwin ‏@elizabetherwin 26s
Lawyer friends-what are your thoughts on the defense attorneys essentially giving up on the #JodiArias case?
Expand

Camille Kimball ‏@CamilleKimball 35s
The word the judge used "allocute" specifically refers to #JodiArias's chance to address jury directly w/o cross, a plea for mercy.
Expand

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 50s
We are at recess. Not sure what the next step is. Stay tuned.

isn't darryl brewer going to testify?

#1 Nurmi arguing to dismiss trial

#2 Juan agruging

#3 Judge - denied!!

#4 Arias family

Attachments

• Nurmi aguring motion to mistrial.jpg
    Nurmi aguring motion to mistrial.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Juan agruing Motion to dismiss.jpg
    Juan agruing Motion to dismiss.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 43
  • Judge denied motion to dismiss and leave.jpg
    Judge denied motion to dismiss and leave.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 44
  • Arias family.jpg
    Arias family.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 74
Jon Leiberman ‏@reporterjon 23s
#jodiarias attorneys not allowed off case. Now they say they'll call 0 witnesses in defense case. Looks like jodi will be only one to speak

Elizabeth Erwin ‏@elizabetherwin 26s
Lawyer friends-what are your thoughts on the defense attorneys essentially giving up on the #JodiArias case?
Expand

Camille Kimball ‏@CamilleKimball 35s
The word the judge used "allocute" specifically refers to #JodiArias's chance to address jury directly w/o cross, a plea for mercy.
Expand

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 50s
We are at recess. Not sure what the next step is. Stay tuned.

If Jodi is going to address the jury they would need to take her belt off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ouisie